Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
- Kingdom Heartless
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3393
- Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
- Location: QLD, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
But seriously... wouldn't that just be the greatest moment of your life?
That Robot Chicken sketch comes to mind where the kids go "What about the day we were born?"
"Not even close."
That Robot Chicken sketch comes to mind where the kids go "What about the day we were born?"
"Not even close."
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
"Could you please sketch Lunch for me?"TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I'm pretty sure he would have drawn 17, because no one would remember who she was.penguintruth wrote:They should have requested Lunch, to see what would happen.
"*Jedi hand wave* You don't know who that is. Here, have a picture of Android #17!"
I'm Rosie (she/her
). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago 
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Toriyama 404. Character not found.penguintruth wrote:They should have requested Lunch, to see what would happen.
Anyway, the sketches are pretty fun.
- TonyTheTiger
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1558
- Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:35 pm
- Location: New Jersey
- Contact:
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
I'm the weirdo who would have requested Frog from Chrono Trigger.
- Insertclevername
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3208
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 pm
- Location: Eastern Zone 439
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Speaking of that, for the rest of the members here, what would you request for in that situation? Personally, I would pick some form of Gohan, particularly the Cell era.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Second Form Cell would be nice...although I'm not sure he'd remember how to draw him. 
6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 3–6, 6–3
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Nothing weird about that, Frog was awesome. My favorite character in that game probably (I still need to beat it actually...).TonyTheTiger wrote:I'm the weirdo who would have requested Frog from Chrono Trigger.
Money.Insertclevername wrote:Speaking of that, for the rest of the members here, what would you request for in that situation? Personally, I would pick some form of Gohan, particularly the Cell era.
Kidding aside, let's see...maybe something Arale related, or possibly Kuririn. Hmm...okay, yeah - I would ask for either Kuririn, or if he remembered them well enough, perhaps a drawing of Pan and Uub.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
- SuperSaiyanBatman
- Not-So-Newbie
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:22 pm
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
I'd probably ask for something like the Goku/Arale one, just with Goten and young Goku.
Or maybe Boo era Kulilin in his monk clothes from way back if Toriyama remembered what they look like.
Or maybe Boo era Kulilin in his monk clothes from way back if Toriyama remembered what they look like.
- DBZGTKOSDH
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 12401
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
- Location: Greece
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
I'm sure he would remember him, since he is his favorite Cell.JulieYBM wrote:Second Form Cell would be nice...although I'm not sure he'd remember how to draw him.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.
Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.
- Jackal puFF
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1684
- Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
I love the way Goku looks in those, especially his hair! And requesting something from Chrono Trigger would be tight. I would love seeing his reaction.
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
I think slimmed-down adult Goku has been a Toriyama-only thing at least since the Kochikame crossover. Cross Epoch came after that, but he's wearing a long-sleeved coat there so it's difficult to tell. It reminds me of 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai Goku and has a more martial arts feel, so I'm good with it. I'm not used to seeing slimmed-down child Goku though; it makes me think of Goten.
I'd probably request Goku in his end-of-Z gi; I like that outfit and there's not much art of it.
I'd probably request Goku in his end-of-Z gi; I like that outfit and there's not much art of it.
On hiatus.
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Awesome, nice to see Toriyama's rough sketches, and this is recent too
The pictures are just quick sketches they aren't supposed to look spectacular, you can tell he rushed it by looking at the colouring of Goku's hair in the last pic, the picture of kid Goku is probably my best one, but they're all good.
The pictures are just quick sketches they aren't supposed to look spectacular, you can tell he rushed it by looking at the colouring of Goku's hair in the last pic, the picture of kid Goku is probably my best one, but they're all good.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/
- SilverPlaqueVII
- OMG CRAZY REGEN
- Posts: 973
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:19 pm
- Location: Toronto, ON (#The6)
- Contact:
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Nice! If Akira Toriyama ever visited North America, he'll draw SSJ2 Gohan and GT Pan for me. He's good doing sketches at such events.Chuquita wrote:I think slimmed-down adult Goku has been a Toriyama-only thing at least since the Kochikame crossover. Cross Epoch came after that, but he's wearing a long-sleeved coat there so it's difficult to tell. It reminds me of 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai Goku and has a more martial arts feel, so I'm good with it. I'm not used to seeing slimmed-down child Goku though; it makes me think of Goten.
I'd probably request Goku in his end-of-Z gi; I like that outfit and there's not much art of it.
Especially a closer to home look with Goku/Gohan saving Christmas sketch on it as well. Does it give someone's sense on any sketch that is closing in to pop culture? I seconded that to this.Kingdom Heartless wrote:But seriously... wouldn't that just be the greatest moment of your life?
That Robot Chicken sketch comes to mind where the kids go "What about the day we were born?"
"Not even close."
Last edited by SilverPlaqueVII on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)
-------------------------------------
Silver Shenron • Transit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)
-------------------------------------
Silver Shenron • Transit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Super Saiyajin 2 Gohan from the Cell Saga, definitely. With my name on the bottom of it.Insertclevername wrote:Speaking of that, for the rest of the members here, what would you request for in that situation? Personally, I would pick some form of Gohan, particularly the Cell era.
I would never sell it.
- Kingdom Heartless
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3393
- Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
- Location: QLD, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Never sell it? Hell, I'd be buried with it. I'd sleep with it at night. I'd take it for walks every day and go to all the nicest restaurants with it.Daimakku wrote:Super Saiyajin 2 Gohan from the Cell Saga, definitely. With my name on the bottom of it.Insertclevername wrote:Speaking of that, for the rest of the members here, what would you request for in that situation? Personally, I would pick some form of Gohan, particularly the Cell era.
I would never sell it.
I'm joking, of course. I would never touch it. I wouldn't even look at it without washing my eyes first.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D
- The Time Traveller
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 3456
- Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 1:32 pm
- Location: UK
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Daaaamn, those look awesome, I love his current drawing style, especially for the Freeza and the Son and Arale pics...
- Attitudefan
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
For sketches, they're awesome! But I disagree with the people saying his Cell era art is great as I disagree. His best drawings were in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai era; his art was always in proportion and had a very detailed look.
His Post-Freeza art looks a little sloppy in comparison.
His Post-Freeza art looks a little sloppy in comparison.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
The 23rd was the "Piccolo Jr." material, right (or the end of the first anime rather)? Drawing a blank for sure...but if so, I'd agree. That's my favorite period for him art-wise, story-wise, and fight choreography-wise.Attitudefan wrote:For sketches, they're awesome! But I disagree with the people saying his Cell era art is great as I disagree. His best drawings were in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai era; his art was always in proportion and had a very detailed look.
His Post-Freeza art looks a little sloppy in comparison.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
- Attitudefan
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
Yes that is correct. I mean, everything just looked right. I had compared that to his Cell and Buu artwork and it looks amateur in comparison to his earlier art.Gyt Kaliba wrote:The 23rd was the "Piccolo Jr." material, right (or the end of the first anime rather)? Drawing a blank for sure...but if so, I'd agree. That's my favorite period for him art-wise, story-wise, and fight choreography-wise.Attitudefan wrote:For sketches, they're awesome! But I disagree with the people saying his Cell era art is great as I disagree. His best drawings were in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai era; his art was always in proportion and had a very detailed look.
His Post-Freeza art looks a little sloppy in comparison.
Anyways, it is great to see his style, wile it is in sketch form without any real prep work, looks fantastic. It's almost like a blend of Dragonball and post-Freeza art. The days of the big chins and noses are gone, but some detail in the arms and face still retain the post-Freeza look. It's super neat!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada
Re: Toriyama Shows Up to Maximum The Hormone's Show, and...
I just want to say... these look 100x better than all of his recent digital art. I LOVE the Chibi Goku and Arale picture.
My favorite movie henchman is Sancho.
Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.
[ Hoyoyo! Please pick up our Dr. Slump DVD! ]
Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.
[ Hoyoyo! Please pick up our Dr. Slump DVD! ]












