Movie Box Details up at Jumpland

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:41 pm

If I wanted to pre-order it, would I click on the orange button on the right that says UISSHU RISTO ni kuwaeru (Add to Wish List)?

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind, I'm an idiot. Didn't see the "Display in English" up at the top :) It's the other orange button I want to click! :D
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

RC315
Not-So-Newbie

Post by RC315 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:33 pm

DBW wrote:Ordered!

My bad, pre-order ENDS December 21. If you want this box, don't wait until late December order it NOW!

You won't get charged until it ships, so just make sure that you can round up about $350-400 by that time! :wink:
Are you sure about not getting charged until the ship date (3/26/06)? It won't charge my card by the time the pre-order date ends will it? I just want to make sure.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:05 pm

Okay, I am highly interested in getting this box (it would also be the first box I've purchased, and I definitely want to get in on this one.)

Edit:

Yeah... since I am new to all of this I definitely have a question now, in my change email/name etc preferences, it has a listing "Furigana", and I really don't know what I should put there, or if I should just re-type my full name again, or something.
As well, I'd like to find out if I need to enter my credit card information with the order itself, or if there's a menu item for it in the my account area?

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:36 pm

Does anyone know whether we'll get details of the box's physical appearance soon? I.E. how the box looks, the look of the booklet, etc.

And thanks for clearing up my price confusion, DBW and Milton and whoever else I forgot.

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:53 pm

Mr. Robot wrote:Does anyone know whether we'll get details of the box's physical appearance soon? I.E. how the box looks, the look of the booklet, etc.

And thanks for clearing up my price confusion, DBW and Milton and whoever else I forgot.
Soonish. I imagine it's going to be the same appearance as the previous boxes, only with two books-type cases as opposed to 3 or 7.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:35 pm

RC315 wrote: Are you sure about not getting charged until the ship date (3/26/06)? It won't charge my card by the time the pre-order date ends will it? I just want to make sure.
They don't charge until the item ships, but usually several days before it ships it will go into the "processing" phase, and the item will be locked in. I'd recommend cancelling by March 1 if you absolutely need to (just to be safe), but yeah, you're card won't be charged until the item actually ships (probably March 22 or 23).
in my change email/name etc preferences, it has a listing "Furigana", and I really don't know what I should put there, or if I should just re-type my full name again, or something.
Are you using the Japanese or English ordering system? I don't remember any furigana when I created my account. Anyways, I'd just go ahead and fill in your full name again in the furigana section (can't hurt).
The complete DragonBall archive...Believe.
www.kanzentai.com

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:33 pm

DBW wrote:Are you using the Japanese or English ordering system? I don't remember any furigana when I created my account. Anyways, I'd just go ahead and fill in your full name again in the furigana section (can't hurt).
When I went to update, I had the language set to English, and my listings were:
"Name:"
"Furigana:"

and then email, and password changes.

But yeah, okay I went ahead and did that. So then leads me to my second question, do you just submit your address with the order itself, or do you put it in your account somewhere like on the US Amazon.com?

That also reminds me of a now 3rd question: Is the express shipment that you spoke of earlier in the thread ship through USPS (standard postal,) or like UPS, or FedEx, or some other courier service?

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:37 pm

You enter your shipping address when you register.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:53 pm

Mr. Robot wrote:You enter your shipping address when you register.
It didn't prompt me for my shipping address when I registered, the only thing that came up was the name/email/password stuff, and then it forwarded me to the "Your Account" page.

Such is why I ask my question.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:06 pm

lost in thought wrote:But yeah, okay I went ahead and did that. So then leads me to my second question, do you just submit your address with the order itself, or do you put it in your account somewhere like on the US Amazon.com?

That also reminds me of a now 3rd question: Is the express shipment that you spoke of earlier in the thread ship through USPS (standard postal,) or like UPS, or FedEx, or some other courier service?
Order the product, and it'll take you through a checkout process. You can add your shipping address and payment method then.

Express ships via DHL.
www.kanzentai.com

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:53 pm

DBW wrote:Order the product, and it'll take you through a checkout process. You can add your shipping address and payment method then.

Express ships via DHL.
Thanks for answering my questions, DBW.
But now that brings me to another (sorry,): Since I've never used DHL, and have only experience using FedEx, and UPS (both of which seem to inherintly have a HUGE problem coming to my apartment door, and knocking, to see if I am around, to deliver an order [which is something I never had to deal with, living in a normal house, just a few months ago,]) I am now wondering how they handle shipping, because there isn't a location for DHL in my area (it's in Milwaukee, in an area I'd rather not go to if I didn't absolutely have too,) how they handle deliveries, especially if you're not home at the time. (And even if you are.)

I ask, because, if I do pre-order this (like I intend to,) I would like to actually *recieve* my package when I am supposed to, and not have to bullshit back and forth with them, and end up having to drive up to their location (as I said before, something I really wouldn't want to do,) in order to recieve my package.

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:16 am

lost in thought wrote:
DBW wrote:Order the product, and it'll take you through a checkout process. You can add your shipping address and payment method then.

Express ships via DHL.
Thanks for answering my questions, DBW.
But now that brings me to another (sorry,): Since I've never used DHL, and have only experience using FedEx, and UPS (both of which seem to inherintly have a HUGE problem coming to my apartment door, and knocking, to see if I am around, to deliver an order [which is something I never had to deal with, living in a normal house, just a few months ago,]) I am now wondering how they handle shipping, because there isn't a location for DHL in my area (it's in Milwaukee, in an area I'd rather not go to if I didn't absolutely have too,) how they handle deliveries, especially if you're not home at the time. (And even if you are.)

I ask, because, if I do pre-order this (like I intend to,) I would like to actually *recieve* my package when I am supposed to, and not have to bullshit back and forth with them, and end up having to drive up to their location (as I said before, something I really wouldn't want to do,) in order to recieve my package.
They're somewhat worse than fedex and crap in that regard, and getting packages from them when they aren't inside a convinient area is a pain. Best idea is to try and organise some time to be home, indicated by the tracking as to when they'll be there, and just wat and watch. Sounds sad, I know, but you'll get the basard in the end.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:40 am

Edit: Well I've just pre-ordered it. So far so good. Now I'll have to wait till March to see what sort of bullshit I am layed on by DHL. Anyway, I hope I can remember that I even ordered it, come March. :lol:
Edit 2: Screw remembering, I just coded up a little script that will make a rather large announcement come next March, on my website, for it. Yay for coding abilities :D.
Magnaboss wrote:They're somewhat worse than fedex and crap in that regard, and getting packages from them when they aren't inside a convinient area is a pain. Best idea is to try and organise some time to be home, indicated by the tracking as to when they'll be there, and just wat and watch. Sounds sad, I know, but you'll get the basard in the end.
Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't re-assure me any.

If they're worse than FedEx... boy-oh-man, that'll suck. UPS is giving me shit today, too. I was supposed to recieve a package today, but it said in my tracking that my address had changed (which it did, but I used my current address in the shipping order, so the shit that ended up happening shouldn't have,) and that instead of delivering it to me, they were going to deliver it to another address (thankfully it was my mothers new address, and not just some person with my same last name, or something,) and so I ended up calling them trying to get it streightened out, and somewhere along the line of the conversation, something happened, and they forgot my Apartment number, and then my tracking updated a few hours later saying that the apartment number wasn't here, or that it wasn't included (which it was,) so they were trying to contact me (bullshit, because no one called, even though they have my number,)
To top it all off, when I called again this guy answered, and when I gave him my tracking number, he was like "You're Justin Schroeder", I am like "Yes." And he then proceeds to say "We've been trying to get ahold of you" (bull,) and then he started telling me he's going to set up my parcel again for re-delivery, and that I should expect it tommorow (Wednesday,) or the next day (Thursday,) and finally being angry, I told him just hold it, and that I'd come up and get it. (Luckily the UPS location is only a 15 minute drive from my house.)

So hopefully you see why that doesn't reassure me. If I pre-order this, and I end up needing to go down there, heads are gonna' roll!

Anyway, I even have this problem with standard mail delivery. If a package is too big for my little mail-box down in the hall, they leave a note saying that they couldn't deliver, because no one was home (and yet, when that happened a few days ago, with my copy of Grandia that I'd ordered through Amazon.com, I was home ALL DAY.)

I am some what bittered over how thoroughly fucked up these courier services (as well as general post,) are. But I guess I am just going to have to deal, and bite the bullet. x.x

Oh, and sorry for this long diatribe, here.

Magnaboss
Banned

Post by Magnaboss » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:30 am

lost in thought wrote:Oh, and sorry for this long diatribe, here.
you could've done worse, atleast it gives me something somewhat interesting to read at work.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:51 am

Magnaboss wrote:you could've done worse, atleast it gives me something somewhat interesting to read at work.
Heh. Well, it's a shame you're working when no one really posts. In fact, I should be asleep by now, what with it being almost 1am. But I am not.

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:54 am

Sorry for giving you bad info. I registered after placing the order.

How long do they take to ship it, generally? I used Express shipping.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:48 am

Mr. Robot wrote:Sorry for giving you bad info. I registered after placing the order.

How long do they take to ship it, generally? I used Express shipping.
No worries.
And as far as shipping goes, don't quote me on this, but when I imported a game out of Europe (DragonBall: Advance Adventure,) earlier this year it took two about weeks on standard post-mail, so I imagine that this -- even set up by DHL -- would take somewhere in that neighborhood.

Sylver_

Post by Sylver_ » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:22 pm

I have a question for those who already ordered some boxes from amazon.
do you know if they're going to use the box from the toei set to ship the thing through the post or will they pack the entire box in another box supplied by them (and so the box of the set can't be damages easily)

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:57 pm

Sylver_ wrote:I have a question for those who already ordered some boxes from amazon.
do you know if they're going to use the box from the toei set to ship the thing through the post or will they pack the entire box in another box supplied by them (and so the box of the set can't be damages easily)
Now I've never ordered a DragonBox before, but I frequintly order many, many things from Amazon (the american branch website,) so I think I can feild this question.

Okay, thus far, my 15-some-odd purchases off of Amazon, either through the company itself, or through market-place sellers, I've come to know that almost every seller that I've ever delt with (including Amazon itself,) packages their products in your average cardboard boxes, but with some exceptions based on weight, and size.
I think that the DBox will be pretty safe on it's continental delivery.

Hell, my import of DB:AA was fucking pristine when I got it, and it was packaged the same as any Amazon market place purchase. So I wouldn't worry about it.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:04 pm

lost in thought wrote:how they handle deliveries, especially if you're not home at the time.
From my experience, they first leave a sticker on you're door telling you that they were there and you were not. They'll try another delivery the next day (usually like 1st thing in the morning), or you can call them and schedule a date that you know you'll be home. After a week of failed deliveries, you have to pick it up yourself. If you know you're not gonna be home during weekdays, you can either A) pick up the package from their facility right away, or B) sign a little part of the sticker and put it back on your door, giving them permission to leave the package at your door step. A good idea is to just keep an eye on the tracking, and once the package has arrived at the Milwaukee facility, try to be home within the next day.
Mr. Robot wrote:How long do they take to ship it, generally? I used Express shipping.
I live in Burlington, Ontario (a bit north of New York state), and the majority of my packages take 2-3 days to ship. I have had only 2 problems in the past:
1) My Evangelion movie set got stuck in Tokyo for a couple days (departed from Tokyo, arrived in Tokyo, departed from Tokyo, arrived in Tokyo, etc.)
2) My GT Box got stuck in a transfer through Cincinnati for a couple days (same problem).

These were just technical errors, and didn't really make too much of a difference. All my other deliveries were super-fast, though. (I actually recieved my DB Dragon Box on the morning of July 7, the day the set was released, sweet!)
Sylver_ wrote:do you know if they're going to use the box from the toei set to ship the thing through the post or will they pack the entire box in another box supplied by them (and so the box of the set can't be damages easily)
No, it just comes in the box from Pony Canyon (the manufacturer), but you have to understand how this set is packaged.

First the DVDs are placed in the "inner box", which is a box with a sticker with info of the set on it (you'll wanna keep this box for future transport of the box set, like if you move or something). The "inner box" has some carboard pieces with handles so you can easily remove the DVDs, but essentially they're in there air-tight. All told, this box is about a half-inch thick, and extremely strong.

Then it's all placed in an "outer box", which is what the item is shipped in. This box is a little bit thinner, but still extremely strong. This box will have a big "DRAGON BOX MOVIE BOX" label printed on it, as well as shipping instructions and contact info on it (in Japanese). In order to actually damage the DVDs inside, you'd really have to stab through the boxes with a knife (I'm sure they'd even be protected from a good stomp or two). There's really no need for an extra Amazon box.
www.kanzentai.com