Did Eduarzo Garza just confirm FnF extended version?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Re: Did Eduarzo Garza just confirm FnF extended version?

Post by batistabus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:
batistabus wrote:As a side, I haven't seen a whole lot of the Latin American Spanish dub of Dragon Ball, but based on this clip and some other stuff I've seen....this guy really doesn't seem like a good actor. Is this the same guy people went nuts about when they recast Goku in Kai?
Do you mean Mario Castañeda?
yeah, hes the second voice for Goku (the first was Laura Torres as kid Goku).
Nostalgia is a powerful force, I suppose. That, or the replacement must've been freakin' terrible.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:32 pm

batistabus wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:
batistabus wrote:As a side, I haven't seen a whole lot of the Latin American Spanish dub of Dragon Ball, but based on this clip and some other stuff I've seen....this guy really doesn't seem like a good actor. Is this the same guy people went nuts about when they recast Goku in Kai?
Do you mean Mario Castañeda?
yeah, hes the second voice for Goku (the first was Laura Torres as kid Goku).
Nostalgia is a powerful force, I suppose. That, or the replacement must've been freakin' terrible.
I personally think Vegeta's replace was worse :lol:
And Gohan :?
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:05 pm

batistabus wrote:This guy really doesn't seem like a good actor. Is this the same guy people went nuts about when they recast Goku in Kai?
This is Goku's original VA. But his voice is not as good as it was 15 years ago.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:51 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
batistabus wrote:This guy really doesn't seem like a good actor. Is this the same guy people went nuts about when they recast Goku in Kai?
This is Goku's original VA. But his voice is not as good as it was 15 years ago.
I hear his voice the same as when DBZ was dubbed for the first time....
With this, I'm not saying hes a bad actor, I think his voice fits Goku and the other characters he dub.

I find it funny how he has a role in a lot of movies that I play the "Wich character is voiced by Mario Castañeda" game whenever I watch a movie :lol:
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:35 am

It seems way too early according to me.
At this point, Toei themselves probably don't even know what they're going to be adding to the movie for the extended version, so already having lines for extra dialogues AND having given them to other countries seems doubly suspicious to me.

It took them one year to have the extended 20 minutes for BOG, so I expect no less than one year too before whatever they choose to add gets added.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Mario Castaneda is an extremely gifted actor. But Goku doesnt really showcase any of his acting talent. Sure, He does a good job and many fans love him but he he does much better in Hollywood Movies and even Rede Globo Telenovelas. Also he is an amazing person. I heard one story about him on Kanzenshuu that immediately endeared him to me.

I hate Eduardo Garza but he REALLY was outstanding as Krillin, specially in the Z (Only in Z, he came back for Kai but his performance there didnt even come close) it really was horrifying.

La Madrina may be a bit overrated but the quality of her work is truly outstanding. Sure, her dubs may have translation issues (Which arent really her fault, its the translators. I still love the translation and localization of her dubs, but I do admit there are many flaws). And more recent dubs have GODAWFUL translation issues without any of the great acting and directing.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: