Who should beat Black?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Who should beat Black?

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:16 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegeta will never defeat the main villain.

It will be a team victory as Zeno and Beerus will be in trouble so I doubt any single person can do it.
He defeated Golden Freeza so it could happen again.

It was never said anywhere that either of them would be in trouble.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:30 pm

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

It will be a team victory as Zeno and Beerus will be in trouble so I doubt any single person can do it.

I wouldn't call that a victory for Vegeta since Goku gift wraps it for him.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Konig
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konig » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Monaka

...Just kidding. It would be really sweet to see Vegetto kicking Black's ass, although I don't think this will be the case. If they intend to use Vegetto in the series at some point, I think they would "save" him for the fight against the final and most powerful villain of the show (someone on the same level as or even strong than Whis/Vados), which I almost sure won't be Black.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:41 pm

The omni king ^^

Whis did say omni king destroys evil beings hehe.

Tho id like for gogeta to appear, i find him more cooler than vegetto.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:43 pm

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

They will be involved so they must be doing something that Goku and the rest cant do as they are not as powerful.
Konig wrote:Monaka

...Just kidding. It would be really sweet to see Vegetto kicking Black's ass, although I don't think this will be the case. If they intend to use Vegetto in the series at some point, I think they would "save" him for the fight against the final and most powerful villain of the show (someone on the same level as or even strong than Whis/Vados), which I almost sure won't be Black.

I would prefer monaka to fusion.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:44 pm

I can see it being Goku. I think a duo final attack from Vegeta and Trunks would be cool.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Is gonna be Goku, obviusly.

But Vegeta, Trunks, or even a fusion between Gohan and Trunks would be better options, in my opinion. The last one is specially unlikely, since I sincerely doubt that we'll see Gohan doing anything relevant in this arc.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:06 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I wouldn't call that a victory for Vegeta since Goku gift wraps it for him.
Thanks to that Vegeta can't say Goku never gave him anything. :mrgreen:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:12 pm

sintzu wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I wouldn't call that a victory for Vegeta since Goku gift wraps it for him.
Thanks to that Vegeta can't say Goku never gave him anything. :mrgreen:
Those thirteen stomach ulcers he's gotten from his obsession from Goku might disagree with ya there :lol:
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Majin Jator wrote:Is gonna be Goku, obviusly.

But Vegeta, Trunks, or even a fusion between Gohan and Trunks would be better options, in my opinion. The last one is specially unlikely, since I sincerely doubt that we'll see Gohan doing anything relevant in this arc.
Gohan will do nothing. We will probably only see him for 2 seconds before he gets killed.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Even if Gohan does manage to put in work in this arc, what became of him prior will never be forgotten.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:26 pm

It has to be Trunks. No ifs, no buts, no excuses. If Goku or Vegeta get the main kill and take down Goku Black by themselves, I'm gonna flip so many fucking tables. The only other character I would wanna see defeat Goku Black, if I was really pushed for an alternative, would be Gohan, because, holy shit, that guy needs something. He's been feeding off of scraps since the Majin Boo arc.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:30 pm

Gohan. He doesn't have any conferences for now.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:33 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Gohan. He doesn't have any conferences for now.
He'll have another conference. It'll be about being an important character.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It has to be Trunks. No ifs, no buts, no excuses. If Goku or Vegeta get the main kill and take down Goku Black by themselves, I'm gonna flip so many fucking tables. The only other character I would wanna see defeat Goku Black, if I was really pushed for an alternative, would be Gohan, because, holy shit, that guy needs something. He's been feeding off of scraps since the Majin Boo arc.
The best thing would be for both of them to take him down.

Trunks because he destroyed his timeline and killed his mother and Mai.

Gohan because in a way he's his teacher and they're fighting someone who looks like his father.

Realistically though, it'll be Goku and if we're lucky Vegeta as well.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:16 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: He'll have another conference. It'll be about being an important character.
Given by Piccolo?! It won't take him too far.
Goku and Vegeta can't help him, because they will be too busy beating the main villain. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

G Slim

Post by G Slim » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:28 am

It's definitely gonna be Hit

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:55 am

Vegeta, just to show for the sake of it that he can beat Goku. I mean their rivalry has been so one-sided for over 10 years, I barely recognize it as one. Goku doesn't really want anything out of Vegeta, but Black Goku could be that motivation Normal Goku lacks, just because he's evil and more likely antagonistic. Besides, it would be an interesting reversal of roles if Vegeta is the good guy beating an evil Goku and easily tie in the Majin Vegeta vs. Goku parallel.

But I do want Hit to become a resident Z-Fighter. Considering most sagas usually recruit at least one new character.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:57 am

If ol' Jacob was a'writin' ye olden storyline he'd have Trunks tire Black out, not quite be up to the job, then have a surprise shot in the back of the head from Mai kill Black. Trunks and Mai return to the future, Trunks swearing to improve, like any good Dragon Ball ending.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:43 am

Who should beat him? Future Trunks or thet Kaioshin-like green guy(I feel him is a good character)

Who will beat him? Everyone(I expect the help of Mai, Bulma, Vegeta, Whis, Beerus, the Omni-King, Piccolo, the kids, Krillin, Tien, and very unlikely Gohan)

Who will the final blow< You won't guess it... :wink:
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...