How can I meet a woman who likes Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: How can I meet a woman who likes Dragon Ball?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:54 pm

I notice most women who are into anime, manga, etc have boyfriends or husbands that are not into anime, manga, etc. People who are gamers, anime & manga fans, etc have a bad rep to them. People like to avoid those types of people and want nothing to do with them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:58 pm

Go on your dating app, or whatever, and put that you like Dragon Ball. Simple as that.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:21 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:54 pm I notice most women who are into anime, manga, etc have boyfriends or husbands that are not into anime, manga, etc. People who are gamers, anime & manga fans, etc have a bad rep to them. People like to avoid those types of people and want nothing to do with them.
I guess it depends on how much time is dedicated to those hobbies. Zac Efron and Michael B Jordan are handsome actors and big anime fans and Henry Cavill is a big gamer. As long as someone stays healthy and active then probably no one would really mind their hobbies. I think the bad reputation is only if it seems watching nime or playing video games consumes most of your free time.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:00 am

Skar wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:21 am
Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:54 pm I notice most women who are into anime, manga, etc have boyfriends or husbands that are not into anime, manga, etc. People who are gamers, anime & manga fans, etc have a bad rep to them. People like to avoid those types of people and want nothing to do with them.
I guess it depends on how much time is dedicated to those hobbies. Zac Efron and Michael B Jordan are handsome actors and big anime fans and Henry Cavill is a big gamer. As long as someone stays healthy and active then probably no one would really mind their hobbies. I think the bad reputation is only if it seems watching nime or playing video games consumes most of your free time.
Yeah, it's important to have interests other than anime and games because it makes one a more well-rounded person.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:24 am

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:00 am
Yeah, it's important to have interests other than anime and games because it makes one a more well-rounded person.
I agree. While I do play games and watch anime from time to time, it's important to have hobbies that don't involve sitting down and looking at a screen all day. Heck, I get enough of that at work.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:57 am

Kid Buu wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:24 am
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:00 am
I agree. While I do play games and watch anime from time to time, it's important to have hobbies that don't involve sitting down and looking at a screen all day. Heck, I get enough of that at work.
Yeah, definitely! I like traveling and listening to others so I feel like if I were looking for a boyfriend I'd want a boyfriend who liked things that we could do away from the house.

I say this but now that I think about it I have only ever dated gamer girls who like anime. 😆
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:27 am

Finding one isn't so much of a problem, bonding with them is.