FUNimation to release the Spanish Dub On DVD!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:While an actual fullscreen release of Dragonball Z from the Dragonbox masters sounds tempting (I don't give a damn about the Spanish dub, I'll take one in my native language before another) didnt the Spanish DVD's have their own technical problems?

I seem to recall someone pointing out that they had messed with the picture, tinting colors or something. If that's the case I'd rather just buy the singles from Japan and cut out the middle-man.
Here ya' go. It's from Spain's remastered DVD's. The video is saturated to bleed out the grain, same thing FUNimation does to their DVD's. Only thing that's different is no English subs.
Hao_Kaiser wrote:But didn't the UUEs have the Mexican dub of these episodes, or am I mistaken?

Seems like they could just continue the UUEs instead of going back to the begining of the series again.
That's actually a very good point and makes a lot more sense. Maybe FUNimation is putting out these new DVD's along with their season box sets to please fans who speak different languages. :?:

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:47 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:While an actual fullscreen release of Dragonball Z from the Dragonbox masters sounds tempting (I don't give a damn about the Spanish dub, I'll take one in my native language before another) didnt the Spanish DVD's have their own technical problems?

I seem to recall someone pointing out that they had messed with the picture, tinting colors or something. If that's the case I'd rather just buy the singles from Japan and cut out the middle-man.
Why are you assuming it'll have the video quality of the Spain-Spanish releases? It looks as though FUNi are the ones who're distributing this and they have no real reason to license and release Spanish DVDs of a dub that's already being released, plus they have a much more sturdy connection with the Mexican-Spanish dub producers (hence the UUE volumes and DBZ movie 5). For all intents and purposes, this will be the Spanish-Mexican dub, not the Spain-Spanish dub that has that bleeding-suped-Dragonbox quality. So if I were you guys, I'd expect either 4:3 digi-beta quality, or the season 1 wide-screen treatment. This is FUNi who're releasing this.
14 years later

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:59 am

VegettoEX wrote:Funny that FUNimation's listed as the distributer...
What's "funny" about that? We know that FUNimation have the Mexican dub distribution rights for the US (at least) from the fact that they released 27 episodes of it already on the UUE discs. Or is this a different dub?

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:48 pm

I'm a bit confused over this... It's fucking GREAT that they're giving the Spanish dub some recognition, and I will definitely buy quite a bit of these.

At the same time, however, I feel that FUNimation is founded on monkeys with their heads up their asses. They could've easily gone on to just finish the UUE, and then it would have been perfect. None of this "Remasturd why?deskr33n" shit, and the Spanish dub right along side the Japanese and English. It just... makes no sense... they're ploying for money... the bastards...
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Dark Vegeta-Sama
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dark Vegeta-Sama » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:24 pm

bkev wrote:Could this be a *GASP* Spanish version of the Ocean dub?
Uh...what?

Do you mean a Spanish version dubbed over the old heavily edited Saban/Ocean episode video tracks?

That would be pretty odd of FUNimation to do, wouldn't it?

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:21 pm

Okey...I am like so trying to keep my cool right now. Yeah, and not doing such a good job at it. I can't think for one minute that they would have done this if not for the simple reason that they did it before. Remeber the first uncut DVDs they had-the Ultimate Uncuts? They had the Mexican dub and they were the best things ever because they were the only ones to do it. There wasn't a legitamite domestic release in Los Estados Mexicanos. Yeah...so that all means "ROCK ONNNNNNN!"
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:30 pm

This is weird because when I bought the UU DVD's the spanish dub was on the first DVD but when I bought the rest it didn't include it.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:46 pm

Drabaz wrote:This is weird because when I bought the UU DVD's the spanish dub was on the first DVD but when I bought the rest it didn't include it.
It's on the subsequent discs. They even added menus in Español for folks like us. If you select the Spanish menu option you get the Spanish track automatically unless you pick japónes.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:15 pm

So it was just hidden on the other UUE discs? :shock:
If this is true that would be wonderful. I have several UUE's and found the spanish dub very interesting as I've taken several years of spanish.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:11 am

:shock: I am in compleye awe by this. Just wow.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

email2003
Beyond Newbie

Post by email2003 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:57 am

Spanish DBZ is finally here! But question sill remains:

1. Why such a low episode count!?
2. Spanish version had episode previews on Telemundo , sometimes, does FUNi own the Spanish audio to these previews!?
3. FUNi is releasing the Spanish version of DBZ!?

It's too good to be true right!? This is FUNi guys! They screw every thing DBZ related.

LOL! Guess I'll be listening to my langauge of Spainsh with Goku and the gang calling Frieza - Freezer, and Chi-Chi - Milk. :lol: