Why I despair of DBZ fans at times.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:24 am

Alias wrote:
In the beginning of Dragon Ball he was very shy. Why's that? He lived in the desert!
Now this is a reason I fully understand. I hate shy guys too. Hell, I even get the urge to kill them. I see them, looking away and stuttering, and I just get the urge to rip their still-beating hearts from their chests and squish 'em 'neath my combat boots.
You realise that, because of that, we will NEVER MEET, right?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:39 am

B-kun wrote:
Alias wrote:
In the beginning of Dragon Ball he was very shy. Why's that? He lived in the desert!
Now this is a reason I fully understand. I hate shy guys too. Hell, I even get the urge to kill them. I see them, looking away and stuttering, and I just get the urge to rip their still-beating hearts from their chests and squish 'em 'neath my combat boots.
And if I ever meet her, I'll be sure to be wearing a few layers of body armor!
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:33 am

Alias wrote:
Psyliam wrote:I'm tempted to start the first Pu'ar and Trunks love site. But I have a worrying feeling that I'll find out that there's already one out there. And that would just depress me.
I'll beat you to it. With a wee bit of selective interpretation, any couple can work. Mirai Puar (Toriyama's a liar. Puar's as female as Bulma)... Mirai Trunks... both lost and alone... They find each other, have long, heartfelt discussions, reveal terrible secrets (like how Yamucha was always looking at other cats with softer fur or fluffier tails), and fall in love. Perfect.
Reading the manga really does help with deciding upon Pu'ar's gender. If anything, "he" comes across as quite boyish in the beginning (when "he's" shouting at Oolong and giving everyone evil smiles), but comes across as more female-like later in the series (when "her" role was mainly relegated to worrying about Yamcha). I'm not saying that being nasty isa boy trait, and worrying about friends is a girl trait, but that's the way it comes across to me.

In any event, it doesn't really matter. Future Pu'ar could be as male as Mr Satan, and it wouldn't stop fanfic writers from coming up with a touching love story between him/her and Trunks. Pu'ar's shapeshifting ability would enable them to write passages gross enough to disgust even the strongest minds.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:53 pm

You seem to know a lot about this Liam. It makes me wonder about you.... :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:38 pm

Psyliam: I've alway felt that Puar acts like a super-protective little sister. The high-pitched voice and constant fussing over Yamucha don't really help if the anime was trying to depict her as a boy. I did a quick search for Puar/Trunks romance fics. None. Not even one with Mr. Satan, either. I was so hopeful, too. :cry:
Xyex wrote:
B-kun wrote:
Alias wrote: Now this is a reason I fully understand. I hate shy guys too. Hell, I even get the urge to kill them. I see them, looking away and stuttering, and I just get the urge to rip their still-beating hearts from their chests and squish 'em 'neath my combat boots.
And if I ever meet her, I'll be sure to be wearing a few layers of body armor!
Keep the armor thick, I use kevlar-killer bullets when I'm feeling too lazy to tear people apart with my bare hands.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:34 pm

Alias wrote:Psyliam: I've alway felt that Puar acts like a super-protective little sister. The high-pitched voice and constant fussing over Yamucha don't really help if the anime was trying to depict her as a boy. I did a quick search for Puar/Trunks romance fics. None. Not even one with Mr. Satan, either. I was so hopeful, too. :cry:
That's the feeling I get for most of the series. But right at the very beginning, when Yamcha is being Mr Harcore Desert Bandit, Pu'ar can come across in the manga as being like a younger brother. But by the time Yamcha's had his hair cut, then the younger sister thing comes across.

So is there no dirty fanfiction for Pu'ar? Tsk. Next you'll be telling me that Karin hasn't got any. Or Mr Popo.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:28 am

Puar does have romance fiction (paired with Yamucha), as does Karin (Puar) and even Mr. Popo (Kami). But poor Trunks... his love for Puar remains unrequited.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:33 am

...and even Mr. Popo (Kami).
:shock:

:shock: :shock:

Excuse me... I need to poke my mind's eye out immediately.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:14 am

And people wonder why fanfiction has a bad name...

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:48 am

You guys can't picture Mr. Popo in Kami's tender embrace? They live up there, with nothing to do... Surely their mutual boredom could've led to romance! Haven't you all seen Mr. Popo's very obvious affection for Kami? :wink:

All things have consequences, though. I can just picture Kami, getting the results of a pregnancy test...

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:50 am

AH! But Namekians are without definition!
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:58 am

They're still aliens. They might have other... parts.

Besides, for all we know, Vegeta might be able to get pregnant with Goku's baby! On the side, without their wives knowing anything, they've been having secret romantic trysts. Bulma later sees her husband, in their living room, on a rocking chair, wearing her maternity dress...

...and knitting little booties.

A delightful mental image, isn't that? :D

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:01 am

How many mind's eyes must I lose Alias!? :-P

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:20 am

However many you've got. I love tormenting people. :mrgreen:

How about this one...

Picture Nameksei in its last moments... A planet in turmoil, ripping apart from its very core... The only two people remaining are Goku and Freeza... They're in each others arms, joyful over their planned (why do you think Goku made that wish?) privacy... Freeza leans closer, playfully running his fingers through Goku's hair and whispering....

"Whatever turns you on, big boy."

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:23 am

::Comatose::

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:45 am

Victory! 8)

Although I still don't see what's wrong with any of those pairings... You people just don't understand the power of love!

Oh well, your loss...

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:48 pm

I'm off to throw up, but first of all...

I find Puar to be a girl, not gender-less. Never have I thought her to be a boy. At first, I thought you guys were just sick minded. But, I see it now..

Puar has fallen in love with Trunks, but fears rejectiong for she is only but a kitty. So, to attract him, she shape-shifts into a beautiful girl but with kitty ears and a blue tail. Trunks thinks its just the style and falls in love with her, but not for her beauty, but for her personality wich he never seen in Puar for he never tried to. She is only but a kitty. Eventually, Trunks see's its Puar by..lets say..her Headmaster of her old shape-shifting school comes and disables her powers for she used them for no good! On a date with Trunks, she starts suddenly changing...he realizes its Puar, but,instead of leaving her, its the stereo-typical thing, "I love you for who you are" and thus, it ends with kiss. I would title it "She Is Only But A Kitty"

Now, I'm not gonna publish that. Firstly, its too stero-typical for me. Secondly, I just told it to everybody. But who wouldint of guessed?
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:02 pm

Now do one for Oolong and Mr Popo.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:21 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Now do one for Oolong and Mr Popo.
Oh,god. I'm not so good with yaoi. Never tried..ok..here we go:

Ok, one day, because Mr.Popo disobeyed Dende by muttering that he liked Kami better because Dende...uh...didint like his cooking! So, for offending Dende, he uses his staff to turn Mr.Popo into a girl for a day. Oolong see's this girl and falls in love. The next day, when he gets his courage, he brings flowers to the girl only to find out its Mr.Popo! Mr.Popo gets angry, but then realized nobody else has ever loved him before. After a while of them both confusing if they love eachother, Mr.Popo comes to Oolongs door with flowers. Oolong thinks on it, and then, jumps lovingly into his arms. This one would be titled..."The Bad Cooking Incident" with a cameo by Random!

This is fun!
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:38 pm

You can't change a characters sex. That's cheating.

Is this off-topic now?