"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Mon May 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Has anyones interest in this arc been cut in half? I was already disturbed by the team choices and Roshi somehow gaining enough power to enter, but Buu being absent and Freeza joining kills it for me.

And the Yamcha jokes now just look mean spirited instead of "we're laughing with him" type thing.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon May 08, 2017 1:52 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:How old is Goku?
The current arc takes place 43 years after Goku was born. He has spent ~8 years dead(so subtract 8 years) and 4 years in the RoSaT(so add 4 years).
Thus his physical age is ~39.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon May 08, 2017 1:53 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:All we know is that Saiyans stay in their peek until they are in their 80s, as far as I know it's never been said that they rapidly age after that point.
According to Toriyama, they rapidly become frail after reaching a certain age (probably 80 years old).
The Truth About the Dragon Ball Manga - Toriyama Thought of It Like This Special, Part 2 wrote: Do Saiyans stay forever young?
Saiyans are a warrior race, so their aging slows once they reach an age suitable for fighting, and they maintain great strength for a long time. However, their lifespan is not much different from Earthlings’, and when they reach a certain age, they rapidly grow frail.
Vegeta was born on Age 732, so currently - assuming we’re on Age 780 - he should be 48 years old (physically 53 and a half in the anime, while 54 in the manga).

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon May 08, 2017 1:56 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
The current arc takes place 43 years after Goku was born. He has spent ~8 years dead(so subtract 8 years) and 4 years in the RoSaT(so add 4 years).
Thanks, so Goku and Vegeta has a 9yrs gap as of now.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 08, 2017 1:58 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
14-15 year gap.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon May 08, 2017 2:00 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: The current arc takes place 43 years after Goku was born. He has spent ~8 years dead(so subtract 8 years) and 4 years in the RoSaT(so add 4 years).
14-15 year gap.
What the, Vegeta's around 53? he's that old?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 08, 2017 2:01 pm

SansrivaaL wrote: What the, Vegeta's around 53? he's that old?
Because of his abuse of the ROSAT, yes.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:01 pm

precita wrote:Has anyones interest in this arc been cut in half? I was already disturbed by the team choices and Roshi somehow gaining enough power to enter, but Buu being absent and Freeza joining kills it for me.

And the Yamcha jokes now just look mean spirited instead of "we're laughing with him" type thing.
Maybe the interest for Team U7, I'm actually looking forward to Team U6, its shaping up great with the inclusion of Caulifla and Kale(once she unlocks LSSJ), there are 3 spots left, hopefully we get some Namekians.

I wonder if Gowasu and Ramushu will talk about Black and revive him, Gowasu knows Black was strong enough to overwhelm Goku and Vegeta, and with whats on stake.... :think:

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon May 08, 2017 2:05 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Maybe the interest for Team U7, I'm actually looking forward to Team U6, its shaping up great with the inclusion of Caulifla and Kale(once she unlocks LSSJ), there are 3 spots left, hopefully we get some Namekians.

I wonder if Gowasu and Ramushu will talk about Black and revive him, Gowasu knows Black was strong enough to overwhelm Goku and Vegeta, and with whats on stake.... :think:
Won't all extra members just be Caulifla's gang? It didn't seem like he was after Kale specifically at all, but if she's joining it sounds like the other members would be going too. Champa also asked for many Saiyans.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Neon Z wrote: Won't all extra members just be Caulifla's gang? It didn't seem like he was after Kale specifically at all, but if she's joining it sounds like the other members would be going too. Champa also asked for many Saiyans.
Cabba was only interested in recruiting Caulifla
Those thugs are scrubs, Cabba knocked one of them by just using his SSJ aura(DBZ style).

Obviously he wasnt interesting Kale for now, he will change his mind once she unlocks LSSJ, I hope they name it SSJ Ikari(related to Trunks transformation), so Trunks powerup wasnt completely BS at all.

The main thing is Should Toei show Kale unlock LSSJ before the tournament starts or during the tournament?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 08, 2017 2:16 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Obviously he wasnt interesting Kale for now, he will change his mind once she unlocks LSSJ, I hope they name it SSJ Ikari(related to Trunks transformation), so Trunks powerup wasnt completely BS at all.
The two forms are different looking, and Ikari is from intense rage while Kale's is apparently from pent up stress.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 2:17 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Neon Z wrote: Won't all extra members just be Caulifla's gang? It didn't seem like he was after Kale specifically at all, but if she's joining it sounds like the other members would be going too. Champa also asked for many Saiyans.
Cabba was only interested in recruiting Caulifla
Those thugs are scrubs, Cabba knocked one of them by just using his SSJ aura(DBZ style).

The main thing is Should Toei show Kale unlock LSSJ before the tournament starts or during the tournament?
Kale already knows LSSJ probably. What, she just gonna have a lame power up scene? I doubt it'll be animated the way old Toei did Broly's transformation. That shit was too epically beautiful. It'll probably last 2/3 frames and that'll be it. xD

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Neon Z wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Maybe the interest for Team U7, I'm actually looking forward to Team U6, its shaping up great with the inclusion of Caulifla and Kale(once she unlocks LSSJ), there are 3 spots left, hopefully we get some Namekians.

Won't all extra members just be Caulifla's gang? It didn't seem like he was after Kale specifically at all, but if she's joining it sounds like the other members would be going too. Champa also asked for many Saiyans.
That is not happening. 6 Saiyans is not happening under any circumstances.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote: Kale already knows LSSJ probably. What, she just gonna have a lame power up scene? I doubt it'll be animated the way old Toei did Broly's transformation. That shit was too epically beautiful. It'll probably last 2/3 frames and that'll be it. xD
First time transformations always have some time dedicated to them in Super.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon May 08, 2017 2:20 pm

I'm surprised Vegeta wasnt able to go LSSJ if all you need is stress, I mean wasnt his stress in all time high after finding out Goku turned into a SSJ and then later finding out Future Trunks could also transform.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 2:21 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote: Kale already knows LSSJ probably. What, she just gonna have a lame power up scene? I doubt it'll be animated the way old Toei did Broly's transformation. That shit was too epically beautiful. It'll probably last 2/3 frames and that'll be it. xD
First time transformations always have some time dedicated to them in Super.
If It rivals this, I'll take back what I said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXBrmlcADJA

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 08, 2017 2:22 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:I'm surprised Vegeta wasnt able to go LSSJ if all you need is stress, I mean wasnt his stress in all time high after finding out Goku turned into a SSJ and then later finding out Future Trunks could also transform.
The form is probably exclusive to Kale, like how LSSJ was exclusive to Broly. Probably some genetic thing or some shit.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon May 08, 2017 2:24 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Cabba was only interested in recruiting Caulifla

He's only interested in recruiting Caulifla in the previous episode, but apparently he'll also train Kale into unlocking SSJ, if we go by the previous description in the site's code. This means he'll be training more Saiyans aside from just Caulifla. It'd be a pretty boring team though, if we get 5 slots taken by that Saiyan gang, but at this point I think it's possible.
Last edited by Neon Z on Mon May 08, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon May 08, 2017 2:26 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
Kale already knows LSSJ probably. What, she just gonna have a lame power up scene? I doubt it'll be animated the way old Toei did Broly's transformation. That shit was too epically beautiful.
The movie budget for the film also helped Brolys transformation look like that. I don't think Super has that kind of scratch. So I wouldn't expect it to look like that even if they had wanted to make it a 1:1 copy.

Also are we still calling the form "LSSJ"? It might just be regular ass Super Saiyan. Or another new SSJ form altogether. Super Saiyan Muscles!
Last edited by Boo Machine on Mon May 08, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 08, 2017 2:26 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: The current arc takes place 43 years after Goku was born. He has spent ~8 years dead(so subtract 8 years) and 4 years in the RoSaT(so add 4 years).
14-15 year gap.
That's a larger gap than I thought. :shock:
They were born 5 years apart. To think it's almost triple that now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!