Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regarder
Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Regarder » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:25 pm

One thing I'm really happy about is that Freeza still has a whole army of goons with him. This means there are people for the others to fight. We even see Roshi in his bulked up form in one shot. It's been a while since he got to do anything at all.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:27 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Zombie wrote:We need a translation of the dialogue asap!!!
There's a website too. =P
PICCOLO: He’s come back as a monster in a totally different league from us!
VEGETA: What’s going on?!
GOKU: Freeza!
FREEZA: Allow me to show you… my further evolution!
Huh, very interesting that according to the site, Freeza uses a completely different term for his power-up (one that I'm far more familiar with in regard to Digimon - Freeza's not gonna power up via an Armor DigiEgg, right?). Definitely lends even more evidence to the theory that his transformation will be much more in regards to just being stronger, than it is him changing appearance entirely, like his previous transformations.
JulieYBM wrote:Derp, my bad. It was two weeks.
Two weeks huh? That's not too bad of a wait, but at the same time, man is it gonna feel unbearable. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:29 pm

I swear Freeza seiyuu just like Nozawa is irreplaceable!
Happy to see him back.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Further evolution? Oh boy here we go again...... :problem:

Might as well get it over with:
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Regarder wrote:One thing I'm really happy about is that Freeza still has a whole army of goons with him. This means there are people for the others to fight. We even see Roshi in his bulked up form in one shot. It's been a while since he got to do anything at all.
But I wonder, what can he do? Even bulked up he still wouldn't crack 200. All of Freeza's goons should be in the 1000's.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:32 pm

All I'm waiting for is for the trailer to be dubbed.

Ayres rocks as Freeza too! :thumbup:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:32 pm

Well I'll say it for the people who haven't yet or already have....Dammit Gohan you have that Ultimate State, why do you keep using SSJ? Yeah we got it for the ritual, but outside that it's worthless compared to your full power. Are we just gonna get another recoloured SSJ again like in Battle of Gods? Also I find it odd how he has a new hair style, but his SSJ Hair Style is the same as his Boo arc one. That's kinda odd, but hey I prefer it since I liked the transformations better when the black hair rises and changes style, over a simple golden colour change of the normal style.

Also maybe they did train with Whis after all.

Minions for the others to beat up though probably all suck against Freeza except for Goku and quite possibly Vegeta now.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Disappointed that we haven't managed to get a glimpse of Tagoma and Sorbet in motion yet. Thought they would've taken this opportunity to plug the new characters like they did with the BOG preview in 2012. I wonder how much of a role they'll play in the film.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:37 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Well I'll say it for the people who haven't yet or already have....Dammit Gohan you have that Ultimate State, why do you keep using SSJ? Yeah we got it for the ritual, but outside that it's worthless compared to your full power. Are we just gonna get another recoloured SSJ again like in Battle of Gods? Also I find it odd how he has a new hair style, but his SSJ Hair Style is the same as his Boo arc one. That's kinda odd, but hey I prefer it since I liked the transformations better when the black hair rises and changes style, over a simple golden colour change of the normal style.

Minions for the others to beat up though probably all suck against Freeza except for Goku and quite possibly Vegeta now.
What if this is all taking place in one of the other 11 universes? And the teaser is nothing more than a red herring? Like in that universe the Buu arc never happens and Gohan never gets his Ultimate power up.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Well I'll say it for the people who haven't yet or already have....Dammit Gohan you have that Ultimate State, why do you keep using SSJ? Yeah we got it for the ritual, but outside that it's worthless compared to your full power. Are we just gonna get another recoloured SSJ again like in Battle of Gods? Also I find it odd how he has a new hair style, but his SSJ Hair Style is the same as his Boo arc one. That's kinda odd, but hey I prefer it since I liked the transformations better when the black hair rises and changes style, over a simple golden colour change of the normal style.

What if this is all taking place in one of the other 11 universes? And the teaser is nothing more than a red herring? Like in that universe the Buu arc never happens and Gohan never gets his Ultimate power up.
So more of a What if? That would upset a lot of people I think.

Fine if the Freeza from this is from an alternate universe but nobody wants to see different Gokus/Vegetas etc...

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

Will need confirmation of that as Goten and Trunks are no where to be seen right now so maybe.

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:41 pm

Oh boy, they're really reaching with this one. Maybe when more info comes out I'll reconsider but atm this just seems so random and reminds me of stupid fan made DBZ stories with old villains and plot devices being reused due to lack of imagination.

Oh and nice to see Toei downgrade Gohan to Super Saiyan again. :roll: They must really dislike the character.

Kinda worried about the direction this franchise is going in.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:42 pm

What if this is all taking place in one of the other 11 universes? And the teaser is nothing more than a red herring? Like in that universe the Buu arc never happens and Gohan never gets his Ultimate power up.[/quote]

So you implying a universe with a different Bills and Whis I majorly doubt it.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:45 pm

NitroEX wrote:Oh boy, they're really reaching with this one. Maybe when more info comes out I'll reconsider but atm this just seems so random and reminds me of stupid fan made DBZ stories with old villains and plot devices being reused due to lack of imagination.

Oh and nice to see Toei downgrade Gohan to Super Saiyan again. :roll: They must really dislike the character.

Kinda worried about the direction this franchise is going in.
I'm waiting for the film...but yeah it kinda feels like a fanfic....but so did SSJ God when I first heard it. Sounded like Super Saiyan Bazillion....still kinda does to me even today.

Reminds me of another franchise that constantly nerfs this shit out of side characters ever since one bad game, but this isn't the place to discuss that.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Yamamuro's godawful animation that looks nothing like Toriyama's art style.
Everything on the screen feels flat due to both the bad art and unskilled storyboarding.

My expectations are getting lower and lower. SSJ Gohan? Come on, are they demented or what?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm leaning towards the "wish rewrites the history of Universe 7, but Whis uses his powers to protect Gokû, Vegeta, Beerus, and himself from being affected." thing.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Geez. Not that I'm surprised, but Yamamuro again? Yamamuro is not Yamamuro anymore. Just awful character designer. It will be interesting to see how well he directs for the first time though. But man, someone ought to tell him he isn't good anymore and should pass the torch to someone worthy and talented.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:51 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Geez. Not that I'm surprised, but Yamamuro again? Yamamuro is not Yamamuro anymore. Just awful character designer. It will be interesting to see how well he directed for the first time though. But man, someone ought to tell him he isn't good anymore and should pass the torch to someone worthy and talented.
Yeah, Yamamuro has regressed over the years, but who else can they call?

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm leaning towards the "wish rewrites the history of Universe 7, but Whis uses his powers to protect Gokû, Vegeta, Beerus, and himself from being affected." thing.
Keep dreamin', mate. Such capability is not in Shenron's arsenal; it's way too overpowered for him.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Wow! I am so excited right now. I like what I see. Certainly looks like we're in for a lot more action this time around. Even Roshi is getting geared up for battle!

Few things I noticed:

- No Beerus in the trailer but Whis is there. Is it maybe possible Beerus may still be asleep and join up later in the film?
- No Goten & Trunks. They weren't in the poster either, which is a little bit strange. I know we still haven't seen a lot of content but you would have though we'd have at least seen a shot of them either of them.
- Freeza in his first form! Little surprised at this too. I immediately thought if he'd be wished back he would come back in his final form.
- THE SHIP!!

Also I know it's random but I really like the colour of the sky on what appears to be the battlefield! Bit darker unlike in BOG when it was in daylight.