"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:43 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:I wonder how The Masked Saiyan and Goku Black will react to each other?

In many ways they are similar, they both look like Goku and have connections to him. Both are powerful time travellers who are the weapons of others.

The difference is that once seems to be a willing partner will the other is brain-boxed slave, one is a primary antagonist while the other is a powerful pawn, one fights for the gods while the other fights for the demons. Black at the very least will find amusement in the coincidence.
Black will probably mistake him for Goku.
Well Black seems to know everything about Goku, he would likely know its not Goku by fighting stance and style alone. If he can sense ki he;ll know right away.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I wonder how The Masked Saiyan and Goku Black will react to each other?
If Goku Black is in fact Goku's body, then that makes Bardock his father. Crazy, huh? It's a father-son relationship.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Grimlock wrote:
If Goku Black is in fact Goku's body, then that makes Bardock his father. Crazy, huh? It's a father-son relationship.
Indeed, the irony is that while he doesn't seem to have the saiyan lust for battle and wants to build a utopia, Black dose behave more like a traditional saiyan the Goku has ever done. If Bardock was not under mind control he could very well assume that Black is Kakarot.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:24 pm

In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 I don't know how they would interact with each other, as Goku Black won't be part of Story Mode, it would need to have a Parallel Quest featuring both Goku Black and Bardock (or Time Breaker Bardock), and we would just know what they would say to each other.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Grimlock wrote:In Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 I don't know how they would interact with each other, as Goku Black won't be part of Story Mode, it would need to have a Parallel Quest featuring both Goku Black and Bardock (or Time Breaker Bardock), and we would just know what they would say to each other.
We'll have intro lines for fights.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:22 am

I just got back fr\om holiday and finally got to watch the newest trailer on my PC. I may be mistaken on this but at the 0:50 mark we see a character with a tail with brolys outfit on. I dont remember that outfit having a tail attached to it in Xenoverse 1. Also a CaC has Android 13's trucker hat so I think it's safe to say he is in and that's a little future tease.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:08 am

nato25 wrote:I just got back fr\om holiday and finally got to watch the newest trailer on my PC. I may be mistaken on this but at the 0:50 mark we see a character with a tail with brolys outfit on.
I don't see this at all.
nato25 wrote:Also a CaC has Android 13's trucker hat so I think it's safe to say he is in and that's a little future tease.
Not necessarily, tons of characters who weren't in the first game had their outfits in, including Z and Movie characters.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:19 am

Don't know if it has been posted in this thread right but Sabat confirmed at Matsuricon that Sean will play Goku Black in Xenoverse 2.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:37 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:Don't know if it has been posted in this thread right but Sabat confirmed at Matsuricon that Sean will play Goku Black in Xenoverse 2.
Oh man I can't wait to hear that

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:56 am

I know I talked about it before with Black and the masked saiyan but I was thinking.....

We have Goku, Bardock (Planet Vegeta), the Masked Saiyan (Future Bardock), Turles and Black Goku!

There is going to be a lot of are you Goku/Kakarot dialog in this game.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:04 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
nato25 wrote:I just got back fr\om holiday and finally got to watch the newest trailer on my PC. I may be mistaken on this but at the 0:50 mark we see a character with a tail with brolys outfit on.
I don't see this at all.
nato25 wrote:Also a CaC has Android 13's trucker hat so I think it's safe to say he is in and that's a little future tease.
Not necessarily, tons of characters who weren't in the first game had their outfits in, including Z and Movie characters.

I'm sorry 0:19 mark. I'm jetlagged haha.

https://youtu.be/w1_IhGJVSxo

And I fully understand the whole outfit being in doesnt confirm the character thing, but with this game being focused on movies and 13 likely to be the next reveal imo I'm willing to bet he is in the game.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:41 am

I honestly didn't notice a tail either on the Broly CaC.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:53 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Bardock (Planet Vegeta), the Masked Saiyan (Future Bardock)
I understood what you said but just to clarify: saying just "Bardock" and "Time Breaker Bardock" is enough to differentiate them both, "Future Bardock" is another version of the character. But Bardock and Time Breaker Bardock are one and the same.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:04 am

Grimlock wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Bardock (Planet Vegeta), the Masked Saiyan (Future Bardock)
I understood what you said but just to clarify: saying just "Bardock" and "Time Breaker Bardock" is enough to differentiate them both, "Future Bardock" is another version of the character. But Bardock and Time Breaker Bardock are one and the same.
I see what you mean, it is a bit long winded.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:19 pm

Do we reckon Yajirobe will be playable? Would love to have him fight with his future counterparts outfit plus beard.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:10 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:Don't know if it has been posted in this thread right but Sabat confirmed at Matsuricon that Sean will play Goku Black in Xenoverse 2.
Glad to know it's confirmed! I can't wait for this game, guys! HELP ME~
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Source, please?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:31 pm

I don't know if this is true or just some BS but according to some tweets I've seen it's been apparently confirmed that Goku Black will be available for purchase at a later date for those who didn't pre-order the game.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:39 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I don't know if this is true or just some BS but according to some tweets I've seen it's been apparently confirmed that Goku Black will be available for purchase at a later date for those who didn't pre-order the game.
Yeah it definitely seems legit

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:41 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I don't know if this is true or just some BS but according to some tweets I've seen it's been apparently confirmed that Goku Black will be available for purchase at a later date for those who didn't pre-order the game.
Yeah it definitely seems legit
That's good. We don't need a SSJ4 Vegeta repeat.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars