Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
-
MajinVejitaXV
- Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family
- Posts: 3149
- Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:39 am
Post
by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:59 am
Rocketman wrote:Because the next episode is right there, ready to be watched?
You're going to watch all 64 episodes in a row?
Besides, while I don't remember if GT has similar instances, in Z certain things were
only shown via recaps and previews. Goku learning the Kaioken for instance, or the fact that Goku was in fact SSJ during episode 195 (which had the coloring error with his hair being black during the actual episode, which made me personally think he was using the short-lived form from Movie 4).
Anyway, DVD's are perfectly capable of offering options to both audiences: Those who want the recaps, and those who could care less. Since FUNimation has the footage, there's really no excuse this time around.
End of the world? No. Much like the "Hercule" debacle, it's still kind of strange however.
-Corey
-
omegacwa
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1924
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:01 pm
Post
by omegacwa » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:03 am
Was it in a next episode preview or a recap that it shows Goku doing the Kaio Ken on Kaio's planet, because I swore I saw that somewhere, yet have never seen it again.
-
Tsukento
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2600
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:34 pm
- Location: Florida
Post
by Tsukento » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 am
omegacwa wrote:Was it in a next episode preview or a recap that it shows Goku doing the Kaio Ken on Kaio's planet, because I swore I saw that somewhere, yet have never seen it again.
Recap.
Also, GT had maybe ONE instance of a black hair Super Saiyan similarity (sorta). Episode 63's next episode preview for episode 64 shows a normal Z-skin colored Goku in the final shots, while the episode has him tanned like in GT.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]
-
omegacwa
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1924
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:01 pm
Post
by omegacwa » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:08 am
So that means that scene is on a season set then right? How did I miss it, and do you know what episode it's from?
-
Super 17
- Regular
- Posts: 628
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:59 pm
Post
by Super 17 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:30 am
Episode 21 recapping episode 20.
-
Masamune_Chad
- Newbie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:19 pm
Post
by Masamune_Chad » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:14 pm
Levlik wrote:Well, here's a comparision shot...
Season Set:

Funimation Single:
It's a bit cleaner than the single. While not Dragonbox quality it still looks good. I think they did a much better job with this than how they went overboard with Z.
Though it may be a bit more blurry it looks a lot smoother. I prefer this over the singles.
-
Freeza Heika
- OMG CRAZY REGEN
- Posts: 957
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:03 pm
- Location: Indianapolis
Post
by Freeza Heika » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:54 pm
Are the new sets protected or something? I can't get anything to make an image of them so I can take caps.
-
Innagadadavida
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3480
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Arkansas, USA
Post
by Innagadadavida » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:33 pm
Oh maaaan. I just asked for season one for christmas. I'm frickin' excited. I've never seen GT.
< / offtopic >
So what, does their "digitally remastering" consist of just blurring the picture a little?
-
SSJ2bardock
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2592
- Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 am
- Location: Chicago
Post
by SSJ2bardock » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:23 pm
I'm no expert on this, but I think in the process of making the colors brighter and taking the grain out the images became a tad blurrier.
PSN Stay_Slapped
Let’s play FighterZ
-
Masamune_Chad
- Newbie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:19 pm
Post
by Masamune_Chad » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:27 pm
SSJ2bardock wrote:I'm no expert on this, but I think in the process of making the colors brighter and taking the grain out the images became a tad blurrier.
Yeah it would seem so.
-
TheMajinRedComet
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:56 pm
- Location: Space
Post
by TheMajinRedComet » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:01 pm
Why do I like the season set's picture better?
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat
-
NeptuneKai
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3576
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 pm
Post
by NeptuneKai » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:09 pm
TheMajinRedComet wrote:Why do I like the season set's picture better?
I do too actually, it looks like the original one just cleaner.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight
-
RyujiOtogi
- Newbie
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:35 am
- Location: Georgia
Post
by RyujiOtogi » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:36 pm
Yeah. The season set picture looks pretty decent here. I did notice that a a few lines were sort of blurred together. (see under Dende's eye) But I was looking for that. I agree that these look a bit better than the singles so far. Leaving it in full screen helps too.
NWO Truth: Educate Yourself
[url=http://www.nfowars.net:443/stream1.pls]Alex Jones Radio Show[/url]
[url=http://www.infowars.com/]Infowars[/url]
-
bkev
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2540
- Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:17 pm
- Location: Twitter. Tweet-Tweet.
Post
by bkev » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:38 pm
It looks better'n the singles, if only because of the bitrate.
Oh yeah, and has anyone else noticed that the new release is zoomed in ever-so-slightly? Not to the extent as Z mind you, more like the dragonbox Z's slight zoom in.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]
-
BrollysKin
- OMG CRAZY REGEN
- Posts: 911
- Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:32 pm
- Location: Minnesota
-
Contact:
Post
by BrollysKin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:06 am
They all look fine to me, honestly all I care about is getting a cheap fulscreen screen set (so I can stretch it out on my television).

Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com
-
shotkeeper
- Regular
- Posts: 526
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:30 am
Post
by shotkeeper » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:12 am
bkev wrote:It looks better'n the singles, if only because of the bitrate.
Oh yeah, and has anyone else noticed that the new release is zoomed in ever-so-slightly? Not to the extent as Z mind you, more like the dragonbox Z's slight zoom in.
With what did you compare and concluded that the Dragonboxes were slightly zoomed in.
-
Metalwario64
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6333
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
- Location: Namek
Post
by Metalwario64 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:58 pm
Last edited by
Metalwario64 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--
final_flash
-
The Tori-bot
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3228
- Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:00 pm
- Location: Penguin Village
-
Contact:
Post
by The Tori-bot » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:03 pm
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.
-
Metalwario64
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6333
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
- Location: Namek
Post
by Metalwario64 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:06 pm
I actually forgot to deinterlace those scenes. I realized it shortly afterwards bit didn't want to redo all of that.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--
final_flash