"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:48 pm

Xaroc wrote:Pan somewhere in there?
No, she's at the very end of the roster for some reason.

Also, I'm very confused and actually quite frustrated that there's STILL NO BASE TWEEN GOHAN. Like, what in the world?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:

Also, I'm very confused and actually quite frustrated that there's STILL NO BASE TWEEN GOHAN. Like, what in the world?
Definitely think teen Gohan base should be in there, especially since this game involves the movies and that's basically the only time we saw base teen Gohan fight. I'm starting to get a tad bit worried that the rest of the movie characters,Ike the Bojack gang, will come via DLC. We'll have to wait until the game is released to know everything, folks.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:

Base Teen Gohan doesn't exist since Gohan's base form was mastered Super Saiyan.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:47 pm

HeroR wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:

Base Teen Gohan doesn't exist since Gohan's base form was mastered Super Saiyan.
Still, it's weird having all saiyans around Young Gohan in base form and Gohan being the only one as SSJ.

The roster is really confusing, so I don't know what we could get, I'm afraid the TB theory is true. Anyway, we could have Chiaotzu btw Yamcha and the Saibaman, and the fusions might be together again. They also didn't reveal so much of second half of Cell arc and Buu arc, so we might get Super 13, Bojack or Buu with Gohan absorbed.

Edit: We forgot about Mecha Frieza, if Mecha Frieza is really in the game then he would go after 100% Frieza, and after that, Golden Frieza, then the order follows like normal with Cooler, 5th Form Cooler and Metal Cooler, leaving 1 empty roster space, which would either be Dr. Gero or King Cold (please make the later happen), but i guess that to make the Cell Saga longer, they'll put Dr. Gero there and 19 at his right side (after 17) and Super 17 would go after S. Perfect Cell then. The last part of the roster is the hardest, it covers Buu Saga, it's movies and more GT stuff.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:02 pm

HeroR wrote:Base Teen Gohan doesn't exist since Gohan's base form was mastered Super Saiyan.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Even if that statement wasn't illogical, there's still no reason for them to not include it.
MyAnimeList | AniList

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
HeroR wrote:Base Teen Gohan doesn't exist since Gohan's base form was mastered Super Saiyan.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Even if that statement wasn't illogical, there's still no reason for them to not include it.
It's not illegal, especially since you're using a movie clip to prove your point. In the manga, Teen Gohan was a mastered Super Saiyan the entire time. The only time he reverted back to his base form was after defeating Cell. He never fought in his base form, and why would he when his Super Saiyan form was his base and didn't burn through his energy.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:28 pm

I don't think having base Teen Gohan is necessary since he never really fought in the series. I mean, it's VERY easy to make his model, but do we really need him?
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Shin wrote:but do we really need him?
Of course not. People just want quantity of characters for random reasons. In a game like Xenoverse, all characters are present based on their rmeaningfulness in the Story Mode, and in the Story Mode, there's no room for base kid Gohan, Super Buu and his absorptions and etc since they didn't appear in the series for long enough in order to XV do something with them.
Even Dabura's absence would be a more valid point... But not enough to be that disappointed, hasn't the game already presented enough of cool things?

But, of course, people will use this to bash the game. But the fact will always remain, all previous games were truly the same with no innovation at all and boring as fuck.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:37 pm

People are just gonna go straight to SSJ2 Gohan, the "cool" Gohan, the only Gohan that "actually matters". Dimps are just saving the players the extra step of getting there. :P
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:38 pm

I still think Paikuhan has a chance to be in the game. He was in Fusion Reborn after all.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:43 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:People are just gonna go straight to SSJ2 Gohan, the "cool" Gohan, the only Gohan that "actually matters". Dimps are just saving the players the extra step of getting there. :P
The sad thing is I'm pretty sure that's true for a lot of people.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:45 pm

HeroR wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It's not illegal, especially since you're using a movie clip to prove your point. In the manga, Teen Gohan was a mastered Super Saiyan the entire time. The only time he reverted back to his base form was after defeating Cell. He never fought in his base form, and why would he when his Super Saiyan form was his base and didn't burn through his energy.
We need base Gohan in this game as well as a MSSJ Goku costume the way I see it. Also you can't use the manga to prove something in the video game because if anything the video game pulls form the anime more than the manga.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Of course not. People just want quantity of characters for random reasons. In a game like Xenoverse, all characters are present based on their rmeaningfulness in the Story Mode, and in the Story Mode, there's no room for base kid Gohan, Super Buu and his absorptions and etc since they didn't appear in the series for long enough in order to XV do something with them.
Even Dabura's absence would be a more valid point... But not enough to be that disappointed, hasn't the game already presented enough of cool things?

But, of course, people will use this to bash the game. But the fact will always remain, all previous games were truly the same with no innovation at all and boring as fuck.
There's really no excuse for skipping the Buu forms or Dabura, especially since that Towa's freaking brother, who why the hell isn't he in the game? Buu absorptions are important since it's the reason why we got Vegetto and later Kid Buu. This is nothing like base form Kid Gohan who literally did nothing in the manga.

Honestly, the only thing Xenoverse has going for it is its story. Gameplay and character wise, it's behind several Dragon Ball games. I take BT series over Xenoverse since they didn't come up with some BS about Dragon Ball characters not being able to fly, so they're excludes. The bolded isn't a fact, it's your opinion.
miguelnuva1 wrote:
We need base Gohan in this game as well as a MSSJ Goku costume the way I see it. Also you can't use the manga to prove something in the video game because if anything the video game pulls form the anime more than the manga.
Mastered Super Saiyan Goku is already in Xenoverse. It's one of the alternatives that is defaulted to Super Saiyan. And even in the Z anime, Gohan still never fought in his base form during the Cell Saga. The only time base form Teen Gohan did anything was in movie 9, and it wasn't anything important.
Kanassa wrote:

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:53 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:People are just gonna go straight to SSJ2 Gohan, the "cool" Gohan, the only Gohan that "actually matters". Dimps are just saving the players the extra step of getting there. :P
The sad thing is I'm pretty sure that's true for a lot of people.
Oh it most certainly is.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Shin wrote:I don't think having Appule is necessary since he never really fought in the series. I mean, it's probably not easy to make his model, so do we really need him?
Fixed that for you.

What about the players like me who want what-if battles? Why does Tween Gohan have to be stuck in SSJ?
Not to mention this would be the perfect game to play out the battles in my fanfic if it was there.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Grimlock wrote:

I dunno, I think Super Boo's absorptions would be more important to have over Teen Gohan's base form simply cause he actually fought and did damage in those forms. Dabra? He's not so strong but due to the main antagonists' in this games story being connected to him in many ways he should be in.

I do agree on people bashing Dragon Ball games for something as trivial as character roster size. Sparking! really spoiled the community for the worst. :|
Anime Kitten wrote:
Shin wrote:I don't think having Appule is necessary since he never really fought in the series. I mean, it's probably not easy to make his model, so do we really need him?
Fixed that for you.

What about the players like me who want what-if battles? Why does Tween Gohan have to be stuck in SSJ?
Not to mention this would be the perfect game to play out the battles in my fanfic if it was there.
Appule and the other Freeza Soldier with their numerous skins are in because their purpose is to be cannon fodder in the numerous missions in the game. Base Teen Gohan, from a developer point of view, would serve no purpose really. Like someone else pointed out, many players would just transform into the more popular version of him, SSJ2. It sucks for the players who want him for the reasons you specified, of course! But we should try to keep in mind why him and other "pointless" characters aren't present.

couldn't think of any other word than pointless, not trying to be negative!
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:02 pm

A Dragon Ball Game without Appule is a Dragon Ball Game I do not wish to play.

I'd take him over *NotSSJ2Gohan any day.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Not to mention that Appule is necessary because he is VegettoEX's favorite character. That is enough to make him playable.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Also, "He didn't really do much" is a lame excuse because I recall you raging over Semi-Perfect Cell not making it in. And need I mention SSGSS Vegeta minus Super, as well as all the rest of the characters who "didn't really do much"?
MyAnimeList | AniList

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:11 pm

HeroR wrote:
There's really no excuse for skipping the Buu forms or Dabura, especially since that Towa's freaking brother, who why the hell isn't he in the game? Buu absorptions are important since it's the reason why we got Vegetto and later Kid Buu.
I agree that base Teen Gohan isn't important, but I honestly think that most of Super Buu forms aren't either. The only Buu form that has pushed all of the characters to their limits was Buuhan, so I say at least that form should make it in. I do hope Dabura makes at least a cameo appearance in the story though.
Shin wrote: I do agree on people bashing Dragon Ball games for something as trivial as character roster size. Sparking! really spoiled the community for the worst. :|
Damn right that series spoiled the hell outta this community. I remember some fans were bashing on XV1 cuz it didn't have like 200-something playable characters from the get-go.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.