"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RedHeat
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RedHeat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
JoeCapricorn wrote:I think Universe 10's erasure was impactful and emotional because Gohan was staring at a locket showing Obni and his family as it got erased. He then seemed to take a moment to collect himself.
There wasn't any need for dialogue at all. Just the sorrowful music along with the look on Gohan's face upon laying his eyes on the locket containing a picture of Onpi's family says it all. It's definitely something Gohan can relate and sympathize with considering he entered the tournament for the sole purpose of protecting not only his universe, but his family as well.

Speaking of which, why did Zeno go through the trouble of focusing on erasing something as minuscule as locket? Are they trying to emphasize how much of a dick Zeno is and how much he's well aware of it instead of the innocent little child god he's supposed to be in the first place?
Well, that locket was U10 matter. Rest in peace, lego baby.
Feels over Reals.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
JoeCapricorn wrote:I think Universe 10's erasure was impactful and emotional because Gohan was staring at a locket showing Obni and his family as it got erased. He then seemed to take a moment to collect himself.
There wasn't any need for dialogue at all. Just the sorrowful music along with the look on Gohan's face upon laying his eyes on the locket containing a picture of Onpi's family says it all. It's definitely something Gohan can relate and sympathize with considering he entered the tournament for the sole purpose of protecting not only his universe, but his family as well.

Speaking of which, why did Zeno go through the trouble of focusing on erasing something as minuscule as locket? Are they trying to emphasize how much of a dick Zeno is and how much he's well aware of it instead of the innocent little child god he's supposed to be in the first place?

I thought it was anything from U10 that got erased. Which is why the angels are spare since they aren't from U10 or apart of it. So the locket came from that universe, it got erased as well. Not sure if it's Zeno specifically looking for it, he's just hitting the empty trash button on his GodPad essentially.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Well Gohan got 2 eliminations,Piccolo got 1 and the Yadrat got 1 as well.
The fights were pretty bad,Gohan's master plan of defeating Botamo was punching him harder in the same spot,Piccolo was not even trying to fight back till he decided to 1 shot his opponent with the hellzone grenade,Gohan vs the last U10 warrior fight was them repeating the same scene.
Yadrat seems to be quite the ladies man.

Hana Midorikawa

Post by Hana Midorikawa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:26 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:As always, I have updated this thread to reflect the loss of competitors this week

Only 44 Competitors Remain in the Tournament of Power

Wow, so a little under half the people have been eliminated thus far, and most of them by U6/U7. This twin universe combo is unstoppable. So the fodder was pretty much eliminated in the first 10 minutes. The rest of the 37 mins will focus on tough opponents and we have 44 of them to rift through.
Only 11 minutes have passed? I'm starting to think that time moves differently in the world of Dragon Ball.
Or characters move and function at immense speeds. Back in OG Dragon Ball, Kuririn and Muten Roshi both moved with insane speed in their tournament fight and they were both significantly weaker than the myriad of characters we have now.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Hana Midorikawa wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

Wow, so a little under half the people have been eliminated thus far, and most of them by U6/U7. This twin universe combo is unstoppable. So the fodder was pretty much eliminated in the first 10 minutes. The rest of the 37 mins will focus on tough opponents and we have 44 of them to rift through.
Only 11 minutes have passed? I'm starting to think that time moves differently in the world of Dragon Ball.
Or characters move and function at immense speeds. Back in OG Dragon Ball, Kuririn and Muten Roshi both moved with insane speed in their tournament fight and they were both significantly weaker than the myriad of characters we have now.
There's still been far too much talking for me to believe that only 11 minutes could pass after all that. It's not as ridiculous as the infamous 5 minutes fiasco, but it's still odd to me.

Turambar
Beyond Newbie

Post by Turambar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Whatever wrote:Well Gohan got 2 eliminations,Piccolo got 1 and the Yadrat got 1 as well.
The fights were pretty bad,Gohan's master plan of defeating Botamo was punching him harder in the same spot,Piccolo was not even trying to fight back till he decided to 1 shot his opponent with the hellzone grenade,Gohan vs the last U10 warrior fight was them repeating the same scene.
Yadrat seems to be quite the ladies man.
He was uppercutting under his gut in order to create lift. It was neat, in my opinion.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:47 pm

The locket at the end with the picture of the guys family and Gohan's reaction to it was perfect. I'm glad they constantly remind us of how sad it is these people are being erased. And we'll see if they get revived somehow.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 pm

precita wrote:The locket at the end with the picture of the guys family and Gohan's reaction to it was perfect. I'm glad they constantly remind us of how sad it is these people are being erased. And we'll see if they get revived somehow.
Well so far nobody has mentioned anything they want from the Super Dragon Balls except for 17 and his fancy boat. Even Frieza wasn't interested. Goku and Vegeta both said they'll try to win them but who knows what they want?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Kek, gotta love the magazine previews. All about Zircol the yoga fighter, and then in the actual episode all he does is appear for 1 second.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
Maybe Zeno's powers erase everything connected to that particular universe, including items of it's inhabitants. Maybe when Universe 2 is erased we'll find that the Yardratian finds himself still in existence.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Kek, gotta love the magazine previews. All about Zircol the yoga fighter, and then in the actual episode all he does is appear for 1 second.
why did they even bother,I think the magazine would be better if they show napapa and Obni instead of those jobbers
Mostly active on discord.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:15 pm

Nah, but its pretty apparent that Super's schedule just can't handle this style of an arc and people wanted more backgrounds, more episodes devoted the characters and backstories. I can't imagine the amount of murder it would have done to this to this team.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:15 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Episode 103 was terrible. It's one of those cases of events unfolding that, on paper, should be exciting, but the execution making everything horrendously anti-climactic and hollow.
You just defined Super as a whole, mate.
Lord Frieza wrote:I like this ability...

Opni shifts his body's internal ki and movements around to mask his real position (so simply sensing his ki couldn't beat his afterimages).
Too bad it was used by a character with low relevance in the plot that we might never see anymore.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:46 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Is this page still untranslated? Anyone know the content of it?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It's describing some of the techniques Universe 7 members use: Kamehame Ha, Kaiouken, Ki, Kienzan, Genkidama, Super Saiyajin, Taiyouken, Final Flash and Makankousappou.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:49 pm

The tournament has thus far been paced well, the only problem is they don't really show the other universes fighting each other aside from some small scenes here and there. It's almost like everyone is waiting around in turns to go after Universe 7 and nobody else.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:55 pm

precita wrote:The tournament has thus far been paced well, the only problem is they don't really show the other universes fighting each other aside from some small scenes here and there. It's almost like everyone is waiting around in turns to go after Universe 7 and nobody else.
I hope we get to see more of U2, the men in their group is implied to be strong enough to defend the maidens(Kamikaze fireballs).

Toshio said to watch out for Zarbuto aka mustache guy.

U2 still has hype, and i like that.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Is this page still untranslated? Anyone know the content of it?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It's describing some of the techniques Universe 7 members use: Kamehame Ha, Kaiouken, Ki, Kienzan, Genkidama, Super Saiyajin, Taiyouken, Final Flash and Makankousappou.
About the Super Saiyan, is anything said about the level of each transformation?

About these arrows in each Goku Form? (SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, SSG and SSB)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:05 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:About the Super Saiyan, is anything said about the level of each transformation?

No, they just describe what a Super Saiyajin is and that each level powers them up. They then say God is a transformation with divine ki which surpasses Super Saiyajin.

So, nothing important.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 am

alakazam^ wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:About the Super Saiyan, is anything said about the level of each transformation?

No, they just describe what a Super Saiyajin is and that each level powers them up. They then say God is a transformation with divine ki which surpasses Super Saiyajin.

So, nothing important.
When they say that God is a transformation with divine Ki that surpasses SSJ, do they specify SSG or SSB? Or do they talk in general?

Thanks for the clarification

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:49 am

Totamo wrote:Nah, but its pretty apparent that Super's schedule just can't handle this style of an arc and people wanted more backgrounds, more episodes devoted the characters and backstories. I can't imagine the amount of murder it would have done to this to this team.
They shouldn't have used so many characters. They could've done so much more if each universe just had 3-4 fighters.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.