"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Helios518 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Question: Is the manga and the artbook from the collector's edition one and the same or are they two separate things?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Helios518 wrote:Question: Is the manga and the artbook from the collector's edition one and the same or are they two separate things?
It comes as part of the Time Patrollers Guide book as stated on the facebook announcement they made. So I believe it is the same as there is no artbook listed with the other items that you would get.

Viewtiful Jess
Beyond Newbie

Post by Viewtiful Jess » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Man everything about this is getting me so hype, everything looks super good!
  • ✪ 2008 - Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
    ✪ 2009 - Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
    ✪ 2010 - Dragon Ball Online / Dragon Ball Heroes
    ✪ 2011 - Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock
    ✪ 2015 - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse / Dragon Ball Super
    ✪ 2016 - Dragon Ball: Fusions
Dragon Ball AF is REAL

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:43 pm

I watched a cut-scene earlier were the Toki Toki City hero showed up to help your avatar, will that change to match your xenoverse character?
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I watched a cut-scene earlier were the Toki Toki City here showed up to help your avatar, will that change to match your xenoverse character?
...The entire city came to help? Is it secretly some sort of super weapon? A giant deathship? Because that would be pretty cool...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:I watched a cut-scene earlier were the Toki Toki City here showed up to help your avatar, will that change to match your xenoverse character?
...The entire city came to help? Is it secretly some sort of super weapon? A giant deathship? Because that would be pretty cool...
I'm so sorry, while that would be cool, I misspelled "hero" as "here".

To clarify in the center of the map is a holographic statue of the toki toki hero. At the end of the fight with Turles, when he's holding up saiyan saga Goku, a time patroller (not Trunks) who looks just like that statue turns up to back your character up. What I was wondering is, will this statue and character change based on your XV1 character?

I would love the idea of my XV1 Frieza race character showing up to help my XV2 Namekian.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:23 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

To clarify in the center of the map is a holographic statue of the toki toki hero. At the end of the fight with Turles, when he's holding up saiyan saga Goku, a time patroller (not Trunks) who looks just like that statue turns up to back your character up. What I was wondering is, will this statue and character change based on your XV1 character?

I would love the idea of my XV1 Frieza race character showing up to help my XV2 Namekian.

Yes that will happen there is a save data tranfer feature for xenoverse 1. The only downside is that you wont be able to play as your old character.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:24 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

Yes, the character you transfer over will take part in the story alngside your new one. They're Trunks's partner and your new character's mentor.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:05 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Kanassa wrote: ...The entire city came to help? Is it secretly some sort of super weapon? A giant deathship? Because that would be pretty cool...

Yes, the character you transfer over will take part in the story alngside your new one. They're Trunks's partner and your new character's mentor.
Thanks for the confirmation but when I get the game I'm now going to be constantly thinking.....

"Is that me? IS THAT ME STRONGER THEN ME! I'LL KILL ME!!"

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:50 pm

nato25 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Kanassa wrote: ...The entire city came to help? Is it secretly some sort of super weapon? A giant deathship? Because that would be pretty cool...

Yes that will happen there is a save data tranfer feature for xenoverse 1. The only downside is that you wont be able to play as your old character.
This won't work using a PS3 Xenoverse file, right?
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Nekis13 wrote:
nato25 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

It will because PS4 is populare in Japan, not 360 though.

Kanassa wrote:

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Nekis13 wrote:
nato25 wrote:

A PS3 save file isn't going to be compatible with a PS4 game.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Shin wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Nekis13 wrote:
I remember them confirming it on their website.

Kanassa wrote:

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Shin wrote:
Kanassa wrote: It will because PS4 is populare in Japan, not 360 though.
Whoops! I must've missed that then, my apologies.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:33 pm

Shin wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Shin wrote:
Whoops! I must've missed that then, my apologies.
Also, the dataminer from XV1 found new files in the latest update that are specifically for tranfering save data to XV2.

Kanassa wrote:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:55 pm

From what the data miner Sergio said it seems like you will lose a fair bit of features when transferring if you are doing a PS3 to PS4 transfer (and presumably a 360 to Xbox One transfer). This includes your appearance and it's not fully confirmed so could change but based on what he found it doesn't look good for PS3 to PS4. You will get zeni for all your moves and clothing but it seems that will be it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:58 pm

Wow, modders of Xenoverse 1 are now able to create new PQ's. Anyone think that XV 2 modding community will fair well?

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:Wow, modders of Xenoverse 1 are now able to create new PQ's.
Stuff like this really makes me sick... Characters are one thing, but when you can't do with what you have and you need to actually make missions for a game... :|
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:05 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Wow, modders of Xenoverse 1 are now able to create new PQ's.
Stuff like this really makes me sick... Characters are one thing, but when you can't do with what you have and you need to actually make missions for a game... :|
Whoa Anime Kitten what's with the criticism of mods? The game is fairly old (in modern terms) and modders are expanding the game to breathe some new life in to it. I've never really seen someone take a negative stance on this.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:34 pm

nato25 wrote:Whoa Anime Kitten what's with the criticism of mods? The game is fairly old (in modern terms) and modders are expanding the game to breathe some new life in to it. I've never really seen someone take a negative stance on this.
Sorry, I didn't have time to rethink my post before submitting. I should say that I dislike the idea of adding to this kind of game when it's already fine the way it is, especially this close to release of a sequel. With what they can mod, all you need is the ability to add characters rather than replace them, a few combat enhancements, and you've got a Xenoverse 2: Mod Version.

On a positive light, I'll mention as I did once that Beerus (for one, at least) looked a bit updated on the roster.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune