"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:spirit bomb can hurt anyone. i mean it worked on a block King Kai threw lol
lol.....IF IF IF....they remember it.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:26 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Exactly. Not sure why I am hearing it can work on everyone...which it can't. If pure of heart it can be easily pushed back, if not then it can be pushed back merely if you're strong enough. Can't really say though if Jiren is pure of heart, but merely just a good guy. A good guy does not mean pure hearted. Bulma is a good girl, but she doesn't have a pure heart as we saw with Kintoun. He is pure of wood that's for sure :lol:.
Of course it can, why would Goku use it against Geran if it didn't?

He's part of a hero team and Goku has no reason to think he's a bad guy so, going by your logic, it wouldn't work right from the bat. Also, a Kaiouken x20 won't greatly affect Geran by what we're being told so Goku also knows he's strong enough to push it back and he still tries it. It seems logical that it works like any other attack, it even pushed Gohan back! What would have happened if Gohan hadn't done anything? Surely, if it "wouldn't work" (what does that even mean?) because he was pure of heart then he didn't need to do anything, right?

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 pm

More News on the Super Dragon Ball Heroes 6 Game!

Gameplay Trailer Came Out Today and it features 4 ToP Characters that have not been in the Card game before, same as the sneek previewed showed Us a few days Ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygMKbAmvLTg

The Characters Again that are NEW to the Game and from the ToP are:

[spoiler]* Toppo
* Ribrianne
* Caulifla
* Kale[/spoiler]

All are their and in a Major Way, so while we are Debating who might be the characters to go Farthest in the ToP, One of the Best Indicators towards Figuring this out is Always MARKETING!

You would not Market a NEW Character in such a Major way if they where not considered important 1st off by Marketing Standards, it would be a waste of money not to have them shown as Important.

In the end, it is Who the NEW Characters they are Pushing 1st before all the other New Characters from the ToP, that is Usually a Good Indicator. ;)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:50 pm

I was thinking perhaps Goku forms the spirit bomb while in KKx20 and absorbs everything within himself and ascends to his new form.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:51 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Exactly. Not sure why I am hearing it can work on everyone...which it can't. If pure of heart it can be easily pushed back, if not then it can be pushed back merely if you're strong enough. Can't really say though if Jiren is pure of heart, but merely just a good guy. A good guy does not mean pure hearted. Bulma is a good girl, but she doesn't have a pure heart as we saw with Kintoun. He is pure of wood that's for sure :lol:.

He's part of a hero team and Goku has no reason to think he's a bad guy so, going by your logic, it wouldn't work right from the bat. Also, a Kaiouken x20 won't greatly affect Geran by what we're being told so Goku also knows he's strong enough to push it back and he still tries it. It seems logical that it works like any other attack, it even pushed Gohan back! What would have happened if Gohan hadn't done anything? Surely, if it "wouldn't work" (what does that even mean?) because he was pure of heart then he didn't need to do anything, right?
Wouldn't be the first thing Super fucked up among countless others. And even then it's a jump to say it did yet as we've yet to see how this will be handled.

Gohan had to aim it at Vegeta as it missed. The Genki Dama is not a sure fire it hits everything it's locked onto, as seen when Krillin missed. So Gohan had to bounce it back so it could go after Vegeta again. I'm not even saying it can't be used on Jiren, I'm saying it can't be used on him if he's pure of heart. Being good doesn't mean you're immune to the Genki Dama. Kinda like with Kintoun and the Devilmite Beam. Being good isn't enough to ride the cloud, nor survive that attack. You need to be pure of heart. There's a big difference between just being good, and being pure of heart.

Jiren can still be a good person, but not pure of heart. They're not mutually exclusive together. So what if 20x Kaioken isn't enough. It wasn't enough for Freeza and the Genki Dama was still the more powerful option above a full power Kaioken x20 Kamehameha.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:29 pm

New scans for Super episodes are out! Someone translate this!
Caulifla best girl! :)

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Holy crap frost is gonna try and seal away Vegeta!
How i predict the tournament will end:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:01 pm

The staff isn't looking too shabby. Most interesting is that Tomioka Atsuhiro is back for Episode #110. I hope this means he'll be writing the rest of the fight. If the fight continues for another five or six episodes it'd be possible for Tomioka to write them all, assuming he isn't too busy with his other series. It would also make it possible for Takahashi Yuuya to act as an animation supervisor, too.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

potat_lasaro

Post by potat_lasaro » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 pm

So, guess Frost will try to redirect the Mafuba into Vegeta like some (myself included) guessed....I just don't see it being successful due to that preview poster/image (the one saying 32 contestants remain by 109) saying that U7 still has 8 fighters by the time the special rolls around.

Since Freeza and Frost are supposedly teaming up in 108, what do you think the odds of Gohan and Vegeta fighting them in a 2v2? That would be interesting to see Vegeta fight alongside Gohan for the first time since Namek really (they didn't fight together in the Cell Saga and in Buu Saga they barely interacted after the 25th WMAT was interrupted).

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 pm

So Frieza and Frost supposedly turn traitor but their universes both have 8 fighters left going into the special. That sounds peculiar. :think:

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:So Frieza and Frost supposedly turn traitor but their universes both have 8 fighters left going into the special. That sounds peculiar. :think:
The only way I see them turning traitor and it making a Differences is if them defect to another Universe, Maybe Universe 4 knowing how they like underhand schemes. :twisted:

But can that even Happen and Be ALLOWED in the ToP.......WELL after Episode 105, things changed, as Long as the Zeno's Find it NEAT then I is ok! :eh:

Makes you Think?! :think:
My #1 in DB!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:25 pm

So Gohan is gonna beat the uninvested character, and then we're gonna have Gohan vs Freeza and Frost? I hope Vegeta joins in as we don't get the Gohan and Vegeta team up often, and Vegeta has a score to settle. Also pretty sure Golden Freeza can beat Ultimate Gohan, but I still want to see Golden Freeza vs Ultimate Gohan anyways.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 pm

alakazam^ wrote:

Well, I was wrong in that the spirit bomb can cause collateral damage, but can it harm someone who's pure of heart? I would say probably yes, maybe less so than it would a bad guy, but it wouldn't be very smart to use it against anyone who isn't evil because that person can simply bounce it back, and if he's stronger than the user, he can do this even more easily. It's a useless attack overall against Jiren. If Goku wants to knock him off the stage, a well-timed kamehameha would have the same effect.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Interesting. Whether Vegeta gets sealed up or not, he's surviving next episode. If he gets sealed, he'll be freed from it regardless though. Gohan being confronted by Freeza and Frost is pretty interesting though.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:

Well, I was wrong in that the spirit bomb can cause collateral damage, but can it harm someone who's pure of heart? I would say probably yes, maybe less so than it would a bad guy, but it wouldn't be very smart to use it against anyone who isn't evil because that person can simply bounce it back, and if he's stronger than the user, he can do this even more easily. It's a useless attack overall against Jiren. If Goku wants to knock him off the stage, a well-timed kamehameha would have the same effect.
Maybe. If a Kamehameha can't dent Jiren or do shit to him, then Genki Dama is really his only option to eliminate Jiren.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 pm

TheOne wrote:
Nope. But he got SSB. He skipped ssj3. Which is obviously better.

If you honestly think they'll have Vegeta stay freakishly behind Goku, that's just silly. He didn't get SSBKK because it's exclusive to Goku. So unless this new transformation involves kaioken, there's no reason Vegeta can't do it as well. If not, then I'm sure he will develop something for himself.
Which only happened after Resurrection 'F', which was decades after the manga ended with Goku being clearly stronger than Vegeta since he never got Super Saiyan 3.

And why wouldn't they keep Vegeta behind Goku. There is no rule that says that Vegeta has to be equal to Goku. That rule certainly never applied to any of Goku's other rivals.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:41 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:So Gohan is gonna beat the uninvested character, and then we're gonna have Gohan vs Freeza and Frost? I hope Vegeta joins in as we don't get the Gohan and Vegeta team up often, and Vegeta has a score to settle. Also pretty sure Golden Freeza can beat Ultimate Gohan, but I still want to see Golden Freeza vs Ultimate Gohan anyways.
By the Univested Character you likely mean Jimeze from U2. While their as a Good Point that why one may not be invested in him, Others Like Me are and have been Enjoying Jimeze Allot, but that is not the point here, I found on Youtube translations of this already it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cpoFYsTLRc

I read a translations of this already and it is hared to tell if it is Frieza that Saves Gohan or Gohan finally gets the an opening on Jimeze. However it also said in the Translation Just as "It looks like he he's defeated Jimeze, Frieza Goes Traitor". So it looks like he was about to defeat Jimeze but sounds like he gives up and goes Traitor with Frost.

So what this means of Jimeze I cannot say, but seems to be he was close to being beat but was not. We have to wait and see.
My #1 in DB!

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:45 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:spirit bomb can hurt anyone. i mean it worked on a block King Kai threw lol
Spirit bombs can be deflected one of two ways:

1) pure of heart ala Gohan
2) strong enough like Buu

Either way this seems like a really bad idea to specifically use this technique on Jiren considering the time it takes, not sure where he would readily draw the energy at this point plus it may not even be able to damage his target at all anyway...
Wait, Kid Buu was pure of heart and was also overpowered so how did it work on him.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:52 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:So Frieza and Frost supposedly turn traitor but their universes both have 8 fighters left going into the special. That sounds peculiar. :think:
Yup, although it's only one episode before 109, so anything could happen.

Frieza better not be getting screwed over for no reason. Not without at least using his golden form first.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Totamo wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Spirit bombs can be deflected one of two ways:

1) pure of heart ala Gohan
2) strong enough like Buu

Either way this seems like a really bad idea to specifically use this technique on Jiren considering the time it takes, not sure where he would readily draw the energy at this point plus it may not even be able to damage his target at all anyway...
Wait, Kid Buu was pure of heart and was also overpowered so how did it work on him.
He's pure evil. The perfect candidate to be obliterated by the blast. IIRC, he used his own ki to deflect it (i.e. generated wind through his palms) and was far stronger than Goku until Goku got his energy back.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:54 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:So Gohan is gonna beat the uninvested character, and then we're gonna have Gohan vs Freeza and Frost? I hope Vegeta joins in as we don't get the Gohan and Vegeta team up often, and Vegeta has a score to settle. Also pretty sure Golden Freeza can beat Ultimate Gohan, but I still want to see Golden Freeza vs Ultimate Gohan anyways.
By the Univested Character you likely mean Jimeze from U2. While their as a Good Point that why one may not be invested in him, Others Like Me are and have been Enjoying Jimeze Allot, but that is not the point here, I found on Youtube translations of this already it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cpoFYsTLRc

I read a translations of this already and it is hared to tell if it is Frieza that Saves Gohan or Gohan finally gets the an opening on Jimeze. However it also said in the Translation Just as "It looks like he he's defeated Jimeze, Frieza Goes Traitor". So it looks like he was about to defeat Jimeze but sounds like he gives up and goes Traitor with Frost.

So what this means of Jimeze I cannot say, but seems to be he was close to being beat but was not. We have to wait and see.
Has nothing to do with power. Jimeze can be blue level for all I care, he's still less than even Botamo is as a character and name. When one note GT characters are more interesting, something ain't right.
hardcorefakes wrote:
Yup, although it's only one episode before 109, so anything could happen.

Frieza better not be getting screwed over for no reason. Not without at least using his golden form first.
Hopefully there is more to it, because it makes Freeza look like a complete moron if he's actually turning traitor.