"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:14 am

Kanassa wrote:
Simere wrote:it was create to seal away Piccolo Daimao—who wasn't actually a demon.
I thought it was explained in Dragon Ball that Piccolo was just so evil it made him a demon. Something about his evilness making his victim's restless spirits or something
I remember that restless spirit bit too and just dismissed it as superstition. But I guess it's not.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:15 am

Kishido wrote:Ok so why isn't Freeza hakaid on the spot by Beerus or why isn't Vegeta or Goku just simply kicking his face in?

BTW I have no doubts that Vegeta will break out of th pot like does with RoSaT
Goku is busy with Ribrianne and there is something wrong with Vegeta probably.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:23 am

Not only is Gohan gonna fight the Yadrat but Frost and freeza? At the same fucking time? If Freeza dosen't eliminate the Yadrat himself first that is
Now that's what being a badass is about, facing overwhelming odds without fear..
Even if he goes down, he will go down in style..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:25 am

Simere wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Simere wrote:it was create to seal away Piccolo Daimao—who wasn't actually a demon.
I thought it was explained in Dragon Ball that Piccolo was just so evil it made him a demon. Something about his evilness making his victim's restless spirits or something
I remember that restless spirit bit too and just dismissed it as superstition. But I guess it's not.
I think Kami was the one who said it, so I'd say it isn't superstition. I'd buy it, let's not forget that King Piccolo is LITERALLY all the evil of the Nameless Namekian split into one being.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:31 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Not only is Gohan gonna fight the Yadrat but Frost and freeza? At the same fucking time? If Freeza dosen't eliminate the Yadrat himself first that is
Now that's what being a badass is about, facing overwhelming odds without fear..
I don't really see all 3 of Goku, Vegeta and Gohan being in by the time episode 110 ends.

Now I assume Piccolo is occupied and can't help Gohan in episode 108.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:45 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Not only is Gohan gonna fight the Yadrat but Frost and freeza? At the same fucking time? If Freeza dosen't eliminate the Yadrat himself first that is
I don't really see all 3 of Goku, Vegeta and Gohan being in by the time episode 110 ends.

Vegeta seems to have been sealed off, he might just be out and they aren't saying it out loud, tien's elimination wasn't even touched at..
Given the situation, it's also very likely Gohan's gonna be out because of the backstabbing..
If it was just Freeza there was a chance, but there's frost and possibly the Yadrat as well..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:49 am

I so want badass Gohan back, that look when he got the SS2 and when he fought super Boo. I doubt we'll get him, even the odds, we are having the insecure kind for now.
Heno heno kappa!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:54 am

Basako wrote:
I so want badass Gohan back, that look when he got the SS2 and when he fought super Boo. I doubt we'll get him, even the odds, we are having the insecure kind for now.
Oh god no, Badass Gohan is the worst Gohan for me, he's just a emotionless bland powerhouse trying too hard to be cool.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:00 am

Kanassa wrote:
Basako wrote:
Oh god no, Badass Gohan is the worst Gohan for me, he's just a emotionless bland powerhouse trying too hard to be cool.
Dosen't matter which gohan it is, as long as he returns freeza the gut punch he received in rof before going down, I am game..

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 am

Dammit - so much stuff about the next episode have been spoiled to us.

Fuck this. I'm leaving the boards until the Tournament is over. I'm not doing the mistake I did 15 years ago and spoiling myself to the entire series.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:06 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Dammit - so much stuff about the next episode have been spoiled to us.

Fuck this. I'm leaving the boards until the Tournament is over. I'm not doing the mistake I did 15 years ago and spoiling myself to the entire series.
Try to stay off YouTube as well if you watch anything db related on it..

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:09 am

Kanassa wrote:
Basako wrote:
Glad I am not the only one. 'Badass Gohan' is about as interesting as wallpaper. At least Super Saiyan 2 Gohan had the benefit of being partly sociopathic. Ultimate Badass Gohan is just boring and I'm glad Buu ate him.

I would rather watched Vegeta.
Ki Breaker wrote: Dosen't matter which gohan it is, as long as he returns freeza the gut punch he received in rof before going down, I am game..
That was just Freeza paying Gohan back for the gut punch in Fusion Reborn.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:09 am

Kanassa wrote: Oh god no, Badass Gohan is the worst Gohan for me, he's just a emotionless bland powerhouse trying too hard to be cool.
Oh, I like him so much, he is not pretending, he is just cool. But it should appear for some reason now, not just like Lunch changing personality for coughing. It's hard, because he only was that way when he was the strongest and I don't see him getting to the top again. Maybe not that same badass traits, but I want to see a Gohan secure about himself. If that image of him and Goku in the ending song meant something, it would be great.
Last edited by Basako on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:09 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Dammit - so much stuff about the next episode have been spoiled to us.

Try to stay off YouTube as well if you watch anything db related on it..
Pretty sure this, too.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:15 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Vegeta seems to have been sealed off, he might just be out and they aren't saying it out loud, tien's elimination wasn't even touched at..
Given the situation, it's also very likely Gohan's gonna be out because of the backstabbing..
If it was just Freeza there was a chance, but there's frost and possibly the Yadrat as well..
We never got a magazine listing for episode 106 and only one of those preview cards a week before which had Tien on it.

We know all 8 from Universe 6 and 7 are there in episode 109 and it would seem like this stuff is continuing into episode 109 so the special is probably going to end up being crazy.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:22 am

Yomi wrote:It would kinda be annoying if he won; just because the fanbase keeps clamoring for him to win somethin'.

But seeing how Toyataro made the Black Arc the Vegeta Exposition arc, I'm sure he'll be the star of the tournament that everyone is impressed by, when the manga rolls around.

Toyataro really does write like a fan first and an author second.
I don't think this is the win fans were hoping for. It's kind of a 2 in 1 where he loses early but also wins.

If Vegeta being sealed is Toriyama's main plot point then the manga will surely cover it but it'll most likely take a different road to get there.

If it makes Vegeta look good then I'm all for it. :mrgreen: Isn't that what Toei did with Trunks ?
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:24 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: We never got a magazine listing for episode 106 and only one of those preview cards a week before which had Tien on it.

We know all 8 from Universe 6 and 7 are there in episode 109 and it would seem like this stuff is continuing into episode 109 so the special is probably going to end up being crazy.
We don't know that and I highly doubt it. Roshi is so screwed using the Mafuba again and that's on 108. Universe six doesn't have everyone secure either, I would keep an eye on Magetta.
Heno heno kappa!

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:26 am

If Gohan is like he was when he fought Obuni, then that would be Bad ass enough for me. I've always been into Dork Gohan anyway.

But if he has to deal with Freeza and Frost then things will probably get pretty intense regardless. Though I can't exactly see him winning that, so someone will probably jump in to help him. Luckily he has Piccolo on a leash so he is always near by.

I'm also pretty excited to see Roshi vs Magetta. Always up for more Magetta.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:28 am

HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Basako wrote: I so want badass Gohan back, that look when he got the SS2 and when he fought super Boo. I doubt we'll get him, even the odds, we are having the insecure kind for now.
Glad I am not the only one. 'Badass Gohan' is about as interesting as wallpaper. At least Super Saiyan 2 Gohan had the benefit of being partly sociopathic. Ultimate Badass Gohan is just boring and I'm glad Buu ate him.

I would rather watched Vegeta.
Gohan VS Lavender was the best fight Gohan's ever had, making Gohan look good without taking away personality or making him bland.

Though, the worst thing about this tournament as a whole is: Gohan isn't in Great Saiyaman Gear. I really hoped the Great Saiyaman two parter was foreshadowing for him embracing that persona for the tournament...

Kanassa wrote:

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:48 am

You know what Gohan i want?A Gohan that pays the consequences for his actions,we only had that once and that was in the Buu saga and he still had a 2nd chance which he screwed up again.
No Piccolo taking a hit or dying for him again like in the previous episode/rof/saiyan saga.
No Goku or Trunks dying because of his own mistakes like in the cell saga.
No second chance like in the cell and buu saga,the others make one mistake and thats it for them.

Just let him suffer for his own mistakes instead of the others suffering for them or taking the blow for him.