Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2: Live Now!

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:21 am

I thought the Justice Society was on Earth-2 and Superman was on Earth-1.

DC is just too confusing sometimes :crazy:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:23 am

So, Goku lost? What a huge surprise. :roll:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:24 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I thought the Justice Society was on Earth-2 and Superman was on Earth-1.

Nah, they both had one. Same with Batman and Wonder Woman. Earth 1 Wonder Woman is actually in Infinite Crisis, too, now that I think on it.

It's not that confusing, you just have to be in the right mindset for it :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:30 am

Honestly while the outcome didn't change all i know this video will get more dislikes than the first :lol:

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:31 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I thought the Justice Society was on Earth-2 and Superman was on Earth-1.

Nah, they both had one. Same with Batman and Wonder Woman. Earth 1 Wonder Woman is actually in Infinite Crisis, too, now that I think on it.

And read thousands of comics spanning dozens of comic lines over decades of time :lol:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:34 am

dario03 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

And read thousands of comics spanning dozens of comic lines over decades of time :lol:

Shaddup.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:35 am

You know, why do we always have to go back to these same old fight debates?

Why not try something new, like Doctor Who villains vs. DBZ villains? That would be fun.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:37 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:You know, why do we always have to go back to these same old fight debates?

Why not try something new, like Doctor Who villains vs. DBZ villains? That would be fun.
Daleks>Dragon Ball. Fact.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:42 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:You know, why do we always have to go back to these same old fight debates?

Because that's an even bigger stomp...

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:43 am

I was thinking more along the lines of Beerus vs. Sutekh. There are a lot of similarities when you think about it:

- Animal-like aliens based on Ancient Egyptian gods
- Have similar body shapes/heads/faces (although Sutekh covers his body in clothes and mask for 99% of his appearance so you can't tell until the end)
- Known and feared throughout the universe as gods of destruction (and both have been given the title "The Destroyer", even though Beerus is only called that in the dub)
- Enjoy destroying planets and stars and going on destructive rampages across the universe
- Were sleeping/sealed for a long time before waking up
- Very old but apparently mortal (going by Whis' comment at the end of BoG, and Sutekh's ultimate demise)
- Are both rather charismatic for ancient gods of destruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a13IXD2xG4g

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:46 am

I liked the video. They made good points and showed Goku respect, at least.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:46 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of Beerus vs. Sutekh. There are a lot of similarities when you think about it:

- Animal-like aliens based on Ancient Egyptian gods
- Have similar body shapes/heads/faces (although Sutekh covers his body in clothes and mask for 99% of his appearance so you can't tell until the end)
- Known and feared throughout the universe as gods of destruction (and both have given the title "The Destroyer", even though Beerus is only called that in the dub)
- Enjoy destroying planets and stars and going on destructive rampages across the universe
- Were sleeping/sealed for a long time before waking up
- Are both rather charismatic for ancient gods of destruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a13IXD2xG4g
Vegeta-You would go to war with the Saiyans?
Dalek-THIS IS NOT WAR. THIS IS PEST CONTROL.
Goku-I dunno, we've got a bunch of Super Saiyans here. How many guys have you got?
Dalek-FOUR.
Gohan-You would destroy a bunch of Super Saiyans with four Daleks?
Dalek-WE WOULD DESTROY ALL SUPER SAIYANS WITH ONE DALEK. YOU ARE SUPERIOR IN ONLY ONE RESPECT?
Vegeta-And what would that be, you pile of scrap?
Dalek-YOU ARE BETTER AT DYING.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:48 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I liked the video. They made good points and showed Goku respect, at least.
What? Thy make Goku look like he doesn't know how to fight.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:48 am

Also, they both live in pyramids. I keep coming up with more similarities!

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:49 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:You still dont understand? SA Superman cannot beat Saint and its simple as that, many people will tell you the same thing on almost any debate between SA Superman vs Saint Seiya
I'm actually going by what I read in a debate on another site. Pretty long-winded yet civil debate and both sides were making good points.
And for your information let me tell you this, saints were able to cross the hyperdimension between Tartarus and Elysium in a matter of MINUTES, that hyperdimension was theoretically INFINITE as it was a compressed space made by the divine power of Hades.
The manga itself said they crossed between billions of galaxies and trillions of dark spaces (supposedly meaning intergalactic space). It has numbers attached to it, so not infinite by definition. Besides, bringing up 'infinite' claims never makes much sense in a debate anyway (like Superman lifting an 'infinitely heavy book').
Also Dont forget that Saints fight at a quantum foam level. A galaxy busting attacks is compressed to a level that it can fit inside of an atom and rapidly expand until it completely vaporized that atom.
You don't 'vaporize' atoms. Vapor is a state of matter that includes atoms.
And dont forget that exploding galaxy has 100 billion exploding solar systems. Cant you even imagine how powerful that attack would be? The Author of the Saint Seiya even stated himself that cosmo was the force that defined the laws of physics today.All the attacks were explosions perfectly contained onto the atoms of their target. Not only that but also the Saint Seiya guidebook also confirmed that YES they are quite literally striking with the power to rupture galaxies.
And? My point was that Silver Age Superman did stuff and fought stuff on that level or beyond all the time. I saw tons of scans posted of it.

Either way I don't feel like actually arguing this, I was just pointing out that it is at least debatable going by what others have said and the evidence they presented.
I know but from some of your last posts your starting to think that saints were actually exploding real galaxies? Ofcourse back during the silver age superman did a lot of crazy shit, galaxy/universe busting was pretty common to say atleast but the way it was though to be presented was what makes saint seiya and silver age superman have a complete different level of power. If the writers who were making silver age superman comics at that time read Saint Seiya, they would be completely blown away with the way power characters there had. For example superman sneezes away a galaxy, how would that actually help him beat character from saint seiya? He just blown up all the stars in the galaxy that were a pretty far from each other away bravo you made bunch of fireworks but all those attacks were too spread out. Now if silver age authors were writing saint seiya and used their own calculations and someone like gemini was to use his galaxian explosion which is a raw concentrated attack with an impact of exploding galaxy was to aimed at a human sized target perhaps we would see reality being broken apart, black holes appearing inside of black holes and other weird shit. Even the weakest saints would constantly be breaking reality and forming black holes because all their attacks are very powerful but at the same time concentrated at an atomic level.
Cosmo defies the laws of physics and it doesnt warp reality or creates black holes because of such high dense energy being concentrated, Its simply why you cant use those types of feats to compare the mentality of silver age superman authors to Saint Seiya
Last edited by GokuRules987 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:01 am

Hey, GokuRules, not to mini-mod but could you try to put those images in spoiler tags? They're awfully big.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:19 am

Tbh this video makes look bias really.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:19 am

GokuRules987 wrote:I know but from some of your last posts your starting to think that saints were actually exploding real galaxies? Ofcourse back during the silver age superman did a lot of crazy shit, galaxy/universe busting was pretty common to say atleast but the way it was though to be presented was what makes saint seiya and silver age superman have a complete different level of power. If the writers who were making silver age superman comics at that time read Saint Seiya, they would be completely blown away with the way power characters there had. For example superman sneezes away a galaxy, how would that actually help him beat character from saint seiya? He just blown up all the stars in the galaxy that were a pretty far from each other away bravo you made bunch of fireworks but all those attacks were too spread out.
Actually, going by inverse-square law, an expanding wave that wiped out every start in a galaxy would have way more power at its origin point that a concentration of all of the explosions of all of those stars combined. Physics and geometry, you know.
Now if silver age authors were writing saint seiya and used their own calculations and someone like gemini was to use his galaxian explosion which is a raw concentrated attack with an impact of exploding galaxy was to aimed at a human sized target perhaps we would see reality being broken apart, black holes appearing inside of black holes and other weird shit. Even the weakest saints would constantly be breaking reality and forming black holes because all their attacks are very powerful but at the same time concentrated at an atomic level.

Cosmo defies the laws of physics and it doesnt warp reality or creates black holes because of such high dense energy being concentrated, Its simply why you cant use those types of feats to compare the mentality of silver age superman authors to Saint Seiya
And SA Superman doesn't defy the laws of physics? One of the things I saw suggested was that he could basically go back in time and kill them all as babies. There was also one scan where he was avoiding magic attacks from a demon by phasing parts of his body in and out of time or something. Weird. And he punched someone to another timeline (referred to as 'punching them sideways in time'). There's a reason the Silver Age is considered so ludicrous.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:26 am

fexus wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I liked the video. They made good points and showed Goku respect, at least.
How?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:37 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
fexus wrote:
How?
The obvious part is that Goku didn't use any strategy in the fight eventhough based on thenvideonit wasna continuation of the first fight. The second part is that Goku was literally fighting against a fighting style he usually fight with. The third one is that when Superman was withstanding the Kamehameha, Goku just stand still to let Superman grab him. Superman was literally walking towards him and he just fucking stay still. What the fuck was that?
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol: