"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:07 pm

You could argue the whole game functions pretty much as a bunch of pallet swaps though. =P

Honestly, I don't "want" them either. Heroes is just grabbing basically every character in the franchise and plastering them on a card by now, so I just don't see the point of actively complaining and campaigning against the potential inclusion of characters/forms as long as it makes some semblance of sense. If they start trying to give SS3 to Cell Games Gohan or DB Goku, I'll resume bitching, but adding Ozaru for characters that can use it as they are (same as King Vegeta or Giant Daimao)? Not worth the effort to say no.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Absolute Ice
Beyond Newbie

Post by Absolute Ice » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:12 pm

At this point, it is safe to say kid Son Gohan will attain Super Saiyan 3 as well. That is why I think they gave to the adolescent one Piccolo's cape, to differ from his younger version, if he appears as Super Saiyan 3, he will not wear the cape.

And King Vegeta appeared as Oozaru during Hatchyack's OVA, if I recall correctly. :think:
ジャネンバ ミラ

For a reality whose Janemba and Mira join the canon world and receive a proper personality.
The Greatest Villains Ever!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:39 pm

I feel like if they were going to give it to his Cell Game self (which would be stupid as hell), they wouldn't have played on that nostalgia for his teen version's transformation. They would have used one of his Buu era and beyond outfits so that his preteen self would retain that iconic look (cape or not). It seems like they specifically went back to that outfit, logic be damned, to pander to the crowd that loves that version of Gohan and try to convince them that this SS3 Gohan is an evolution of him.

We don't know what Ozaru was which character, as they didn't have clothes or anything and it's not specifically mentioned as far as I remember. King Vegeta's card is distinctly in a battle jacket, which they didn't get till teaming up with Freeza either.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:44 pm

What's the differenct from Trunks teen (トランクス 青年期) and Future Trunks (トランクス 未来)?

Btw, what's "SEC"?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:03 pm

Future is from right before he went back in time, while he was still adamant that he didn't need Goku's help to beat 17 & 18.
Teen/adolescent/whatever is from after he got his ass kicked by the robits and Bluma convinced him he needed to go to the past, so he did.

"Secret Rare"; the hidden, surprise cards in each set.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:44 pm

Ah yes, the Trunks card that annoys me just by existing. It's just so pointless. I would rather have boy Trunks, the one who fought alongside Gohan.

KND

Post by KND » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:56 pm

About the Oozaru the ones that exist have a cool design. So why not keep adding to the game. Eventually Heroes will run out of characters and the Oozaru form is better than some random thugs.
Just some images of the Oozaru that already exist in other games.
Fat Panpukin by the way is the best one.

Absolute Ice
Beyond Newbie

Post by Absolute Ice » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Wow, you even included mind-controlled Oozaru Son Gohan. :clap: Oozaru Raditz also have the long hair, I always loved that. xD

You see? They could be "pallet swaps" but it is cool anyway. Their techniques, of course, must be unique to have a more distinguishing "mark" among them.
ジャネンバ ミラ

For a reality whose Janemba and Mira join the canon world and receive a proper personality.

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Something unrelated from the topic currently going on, unsure if this has been mentioned but if anyone cares, I found out someone decided to translate a few chapters of Victory Mission. Honestly, it surprised me.
Last edited by EveBlaze31 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:27 pm

EveBlaze31 wrote:Something unrelated from the topic currently going on, unsure if this has been mentioned but if anyone cares, I found out someone decided to translate a few chapters of Victory Mission. Honestly, it surprised me.
Probably against the r00lz.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
EveBlaze31 wrote:Something unrelated from the topic currently going on, unsure if this has been mentioned but if anyone cares, I found out someone decided to translate a few chapters of Victory Mission. Honestly, it surprised me.
I meant their recent discussion on great ape forms in the game, I know anything Dragon Ball Heroes is okay on this forum for the most part.

Absolute Ice
Beyond Newbie

Post by Absolute Ice » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:58 pm

This video has been uploaded. The website has updated the remaining things.
ジャネンバ ミラ

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:05 pm

That Vegeta & Tarble galick gun was really nice.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:10 pm

EveBlaze31 wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
I meant their recent discussion on great ape forms in the game, I know anything Dragon Ball Heroes is okay on this forum for the most part.
As far as I know, links to scanlations are against the rules, that's what I meant.

--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Nice to know I edited my post.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:23 am

Dropbox download is updated with GDM4 cards, wallpaper, etc.

Since not all of them are posted, here are some mission details from those that are:
--This may not make it to a card, but Piccolo Daimao can transform from old to young here.
--Halfway through the mission, Piccolo Daimao spits out an egg with Piccolo Junior. The two then continue to attack you and Junior eventually becomes a giant.

I would appreciate translations of the profiles on Dabra, Shun Shun, Haru Haru, Saiakkuman and General Bon at some point though:

Raizel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Raizel » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 am

Shun Shun and Haru Haru looks like Pokemon.

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Watching videos on youtube I noticed that Young Kami uses the Bakurikishinha (Piccolo's ultimate is the Bakurikimaha). Shin comes from the Kanji that means God (or Kami) and Ma comes from the Kanji that means demon.

It's a nice detail.

I'll try to translate the profiles for the next post. For the moment, the first line on Dabura only says that he is the King of the Dark Demon Realm as well as Towa's brother.

Edit:

My japanese is not that good, but I think the profiles mean something like this:

Dabura: Xeno
King of the Dark Demon Realm as well as Towa's brother.
In order to stop the fierce fight he claims himself "King".

Shunshun
Majin Twin from the Dark Demon Realm Army.
Has a bad relationship with Haruharu.

Haruharu
Majin Twin from the Dark Demon Realm Army.
Offensive and contrary to the tactical Shunshun.

Saiakkuman.
The worst demon warrior.
He has the worst kind of personality.

(worst demon warrior here I don't think it means he is a poor warrior, but like he is a very bad person. It's a pun with his name since saiaku means the worst).

General Bon
Uses his strong and tough body as a weapon.
A member of the Dark Demon Realm Army.

I probably got some things wrong, so if someone has a better japanese than me, go on and do new translations.

Also, I did some transcripts of the images text in order to help me search certain words on the online dictionary.

ダブラ:ゼノ
暗黒魔界の王でありトワの兄。
激闘に終止符を打つために「王」自らが出撃する。

シュンシュン
暗黒魔界軍の双子の魔人。
ハルハルとはあまり仲が良くない。

ハルハル
暗黒魔界軍の双子の魔人。
さくしなシュンシュンに反して攻撃的。

サイアックマン
悪魔族の最悪の戦士。
使う業だけでなく性格も最悪とりわれてる。

ボーン将軍
強力な肉体とタフさを武器に襲い掛かる
暗黒魔界軍の一員。

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:58 pm

SS3 Gohan pops up alongside Piccolo in the final (normal) Piccolo Daimao Arc story mission. Seems this what-if is supposed to be Gohan if he continuously trained under Piccolo till his teen years.

Absolute Ice
Beyond Newbie

Post by Absolute Ice » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:32 pm

And here are Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Trunks, Tarble, Super Saiyan 3 Son Gohan, Xeno Dabura and Towa at once. :)
ジャネンバ ミラ