Most memorable BS dub lines / names

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Most memorable BS dub lines / names

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:49 am

"You just wait until it grows back!" is the funniest line in the series to me. It's straight up Monty Python shit. I actually wanted to see T-i-e-n grow his arm back, just so Nappa could punch it off again. That's what's so great about the line. It makes no sense even if he CAN grow back.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:53 pm

Ocean Dub:

Cell: "If only i had completed my transformiction" :lol: One of the funniest moments.

Vegeta: "Your father was a brilliant scientest Kakarot" :thumbdown: Not one of my favourites.

Trunks: "You're going to destroy the planet, FATTTTTHERRRRR!!!!, you've got to stop it" Krillin: "Let's get out of here" Vegeta: FINAL FLASH!!!!! RAAAAAGHHHHH!!! Cell: "What's this" :D My favourite moment

Funimation:

Jeice screaming whenever he does a pose :lol:

Vegeta: "It's amazing how every time you open your mouth, you prove you're an idiot" Vegeta to Bulma.

I could probably come up with many more.
Last edited by Scott on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:54 pm

Oh, and who could forget this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGwd26UMcQA

:lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:27 pm

Scott wrote:Oh, and who could forget this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGwd26UMcQA

:lol:
Ah, the Big Green dub. You can never go wrong with it. :clap:

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Scott wrote:Ocean Dub:

Cell: "If only i had completed my transformiction" :lol: One of the funniest moments.

Vegeta: "Your father was a brilliant scientest Kakarot" :thumbdown: Not one of my favourites.

Trunks: "You're going to destroy the planet, FATTTTTHERRRRR!!!!, you've got to stop it" Krillin: "Let's get out of here" Vegeta: FINAL FLASH!!!!! RAAAAAGHHHHH!!! Cell: "What's this" :D My favourite moment

Funimation:

Jeice screaming whenever he does a pose :lol:

Vegeta: "Why is it that every time you open your mouth, you prove that you're an idiot" Vegeta to Bulma.

I could probably come up with many more.
lol Yea seriously, anything with Vegeta and Bulma bickering back and forth are classic. Goku and Vegeta are funny because Goku loves to bust his chops and all you get from Vegeta is "shut up Kakarot" lol

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:33 am

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:54 am

And to continue the danish names, Kinto'un is called Jindujun... :wtf:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:14 am

The entirety of the Speedy/Malaysian dub. Bring some friends over, get a little buzz going with some drinks, and it becomes the funniest thing on the planet.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:25 am

The german version of DBZ is worth it just for the casual swearing and stuff :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v55t5jnhz5s

Cell going "Oh shit" is jsut the tip of the ice berg. I mist vividly remember the stuff Goku said when he trid to make Oob mad so he´d fight back. Literally called Oob´s mom a slut and his dad a piece of shit. All while sounding so cheery. It has to be ehard to be believed.

Also Vegeta´s first german voice, which was also the german voice of Spongebob.

Aaand the like first 50 epsiodes of the Original Dragonball in german, because they were ridiculously consored, in a way. Like first epsiode, Bulma shoots Goku, and right afterwards goes "its just BBs". Suuuure Bulma.
Also Goku stripping Bulma to check if she has balls was weirdly censored. They didnt cut it out, but like. When he went "pat pat" on her in german they had him go "She is a heavy sleeper. Hopefully she isnt dead!" And then he strips her, and I guess we´re are supposed to think he does so to...check her pulse? I´m not even sure :p
And when she does wake up from his screaming he goes "its a ghost!" which is the thing that makes Bulma think the Dragonballs might´ve been stolen.
Really the whole thing is a mess.
Kinto Un was called "Super Sonic Cloud", the Nyoibo was called "Magic Wand" and to make him extend Goku would shout "Appear, Magic Wand!"
And the Kamehameha, most iconic attack of Dragonball, was called "Shock Wave of the old Ancestors", and whenever he used it Son Goku would go "Shockwave, FLY!"

But then after 50 episodes or so, from one episode to the next it feels like, the translation suddenly became rather good, they mostly used the proper names, or at least pretty close oes, and they did no censoring anymore. And they never referenced the old names ever again for the msotpart. So as a kid you had no way of understanding why the "shockwave" was suddenly called "Kamehameha" and stuff. Welp.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 01, 2015 1:06 am

Whoops...seems I accidentally posted inspiring quotes, not recognizing that the thread specifically called for DUMB lines. Sorry about that. Well if we want dumb lines...

Vegeta: Excuse me Mr. Hotpants (to Krillin while he was commenting on his Saiyan armor on Namek).

Anyone want me to post the inspiring lines, or would that go too much against the spirit of the thread?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:55 am

I want to know the line! Send me a PM!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 01, 2015 10:37 am

This tops them all:

Vegeta: That's one whopper of a lizard!

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Fri May 01, 2015 10:38 am

Lord Beerus wrote:This tops them all:

Some Jeice was shining through there :lol:
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Fri May 01, 2015 10:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNXTiHkII0
That's my childhood...and I'm a little ashamed...

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri May 01, 2015 10:47 am

Come, magic cloud! is one of my favorites. There's lots of gold from the Big Green dub.

Also, "Everyoneofmyracecanbecomeagiantgorilla" at the 25 second mark in this video (pay attention to Tenshinhan's voice too if you watch the whole thing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWPG3l3l2Y
kaialone wrote:The german version of DBZ is worth it just for the casual swearing and stuff :P

Cell going "Oh shit" is jsut the tip of the ice berg.
I've seen that one before, but it gets me every time. xD

Holy cosmos, Batman! Gotta love Brian' Drummond's Vegeta.

Also, the "I can't believe this!" line reminded me of Dr. Eggman from Sonic Adventure 1 where he goes "No way, I can't believe this!"

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Fri May 01, 2015 10:54 am

Shiyonasan wrote:Come, magic cloud! is one of my favorites. There's lots of gold from the Big Green dub.

Also, "Everyoneofmyracecanbecomeagiantgorilla" at the 25 second mark in this video (pay attention to Tenshinhan's voice too if you watch the whole thing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWPG3l3l2Y
kaialone wrote:The german version of DBZ is worth it just for the casual swearing and stuff :P

Cell going "Oh shit" is jsut the tip of the ice berg.
I've seen that one before, but it gets me every time. xD

Holy cosmos, Batman! Gotta love Brian' Drummond's Vegeta.

Also, the "I can't believe this!" line reminded me of Dr. Eggman from Sonic Adventure 1 where he goes "No way, I can't believe this!"
I'm sorry, but that's actually Sabat. Back when everybody just imitated Ocean.

And yeaaaaaaa!!!! 500 posts!

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Fri May 01, 2015 11:07 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:I'm sorry, but that's actually Sabat. Back when everybody just imitated Ocean.
Oh yeah, you're right. I sometimes forget that early FUNi Vegeta is Sabat because of how similar he sounds to Drummond. Also, congrats on 500 posts.

Here's another one I just found from the Malaysian dub:

Blow the whistle!

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri May 01, 2015 11:11 am

Cell going "Oh shit" is jsut the tip of the ice berg. I mist vividly remember the stuff Goku said when he trid to make Oob mad so he´d fight back. Literally called Oob´s mom a slut and his dad a piece of shit. All while sounding so cheery. It has to be ehard to be believed.

Also Vegeta´s first german voice, which was also the german voice of Spongebob.

Aaand the like first 50 epsiodes of the Original Dragonball in german, because they were ridiculously consored, in a way. Like first epsiode, Bulma shoots Goku, and right afterwards goes "its just BBs". Suuuure Bulma.
Also Goku stripping Bulma to check if she has balls was weirdly censored. They didnt cut it out, but like. When he went "pat pat" on her in german they had him go "She is a heavy sleeper. Hopefully she isnt dead!" And then he strips her, and I guess we´re are supposed to think he does so to...check her pulse? I´m not even sure :p
And when she does wake up from his screaming he goes "its a ghost!" which is the thing that makes Bulma think the Dragonballs might´ve been stolen.
Really the whole thing is a mess.
Kinto Un was called "Super Sonic Cloud", the Nyoibo was called "Magic Wand" and to make him extend Goku would shout "Appear, Magic Wand!"
And the Kamehameha, most iconic attack of Dragonball, was called "Shock Wave of the old Ancestors", and whenever he used it Son Goku would go "Shockwave, FLY!"

But then after 50 episodes or so, from one episode to the next it feels like, the translation suddenly became rather good, they mostly used the proper names, or at least pretty close oes, and they did no censoring anymore. And they never referenced the old names ever again for the msotpart. So as a kid you had no way of understanding why the "shockwave" was suddenly called "Kamehameha" and stuff. Welp.
Half of that only appears in the German anime version though and is not censored in the manga itself. Also Santiago Ziesmer has had a quite evil vibe in his Vegeta voice. Nevertheless Oliver Siebeck brings out Vegeta's arrogance and ...holeness more out.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sat May 02, 2015 9:49 am

"Play time is over. I will send you to heaven immediately!" - Cell Final Bout

I'll leave a link to a video that's filled with bad Final Bout lines, I just think that is one of the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6clxKqviZo&spfreload=1
Last edited by One_Instance on Sat May 02, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Sat May 02, 2015 11:03 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Broly's a Genuine Demon
I think something similar to that line is actually present in the JPN version, it's just the actor's delivery is so over the top
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub