Why didn't Gohan beat the crap out of Vegeta

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Why didn't Gohan beat the crap out of Vegeta

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:10 pm

Not only did Gohan have a larger contribution towards his father's demise, it's simply out of character for him to display the level of aggression that would be required to suddenly go on a rampage against the prince of Saiyans.

While Gohan has been seen consumed by the overwhelming aspects of his rage during his battle against Cell, it doesn't seem likely that the young hero would suddenly trash someone who holds the responsibilities of being Bulma's baby daddy, and the father of an innocent baby.

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:05 pm

That would have been WAY out of character for him. Besides, he only gets the rage boost and uses it against the person that's directly hurting/killing his family and friends. It wasn't Vegeta's fault entirely. And he's the type to blame himself instead, which he did.
Gohan is not an asshole. He's not one of those anime characters who just seek vengeance against someone that has already shown remorse and a feel of guilt like Ken Amada and other assholes.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:31 am

Because Gohan's a nice kid and a pacifist. Plus Vegeta was depressed right after the Cell Games, so Gohan would look like a dick for kicking him while he's down.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:22 am

I see what you're doing OP. You gave me a good laugh.