Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: SSJ God Goku vs Superman Death Battle teased?

Post by Bullza » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:15 pm

It could just be a One Minute Melee like I mentioned, you'd think any rematch would have the more high end animation the original had.

If it is a OMM then maybe then they can have Goku win that one.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:14 am

And that's what I'm thinking. OMM does no research so it would be fine for Goku to win.
A Death Battle rematch shouldn't even be close since with the measurements they went by in the original it wasn't close. And Godku doesn't have feats and they don't use power scaling.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Bullza wrote:It could just be a One Minute Melee like I mentioned, you'd think any rematch would have the more high end animation the original had.

If it is a OMM then maybe then they can have Goku win that one.
That would just create more backlash.

TheBritWriter
Banned

Post by TheBritWriter » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:52 pm

They should drop it and move on, both sides, the fans of Goku (Though I question any fan that says goku would muder superman or vice versa, the type that seem to forget about their personalities and care only about power and power) ugh, but boomstick, and whoever is part of the DB team, they had a few vids were there was subtle jabs at fans upset with goku losing, but were they expecting it to be quiet after that. personally I was annoyed by the less then subtle jab at 'oh no another anime character lost' at the Gaara vs toph fight. A fight they really wanted to provoke a upset on from the get go, its setups like that which show that Death Battle is entertainment, not 'facts' or settle debates, yet these 'fans' don't get it (and that includes the random person who throws in a link to a previous DB fight and exclaims that the debate is over)

Death Battle has as much weight in their arguments as I do, except they have visual representation in form of a video. And that's it. Though for the most part it is entertaining and that's what matters to me, and to them who want the click count.

I think that god goku vs superman looks to be a teaser for one minute melee, and really that channel is used to 'appease fans' like with deadpool vs deathstroke, I did point this out to one of their animator teams who claimed that they don't follow what screwattack tells them, which was rubbish to begin with given its screwattack that advertises them and not the other way round.

Ultimately I wished they just moved away from it, I don't care how many people have complained for a rematch, they can ignore it just as I ignore spam or an oddball requesting me to draw dbz female characters slave to a green immortal alien. Its easy to ignore complaints when its by email.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:44 pm

TheBritWriter wrote:They should drop it and move on, both sides, the fans of Goku (Though I question any fan that says goku would muder superman or vice versa, the type that seem to forget about their personalities and care only about power and power) ugh, but boomstick, and whoever is part of the DB team, they had a few vids were there was subtle jabs at fans upset with goku losing, but were they expecting it to be quiet after that. personally I was annoyed by the less then subtle jab at 'oh no another anime character lost' at the Gaara vs toph fight.
To me it sounded like he was complaining about that fact, not rubbing it in or anything. Either way that battle was one of the worst ones they did.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:52 pm

I'm not familiar with Toph but Gaara did seem to be nerfed.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:57 pm

I still doubt it will be a one minute battle. It was probably nothing. I rather SSJG Goku fight off someone else if they use him for a one minute battle like Thor, Spawn or another comic book character that had god related power.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:27 pm

I love how people constantly use the animated fight as the results of all the done research for the fight instead of paying attention to the fact that the animated fights are just for entertainment like what the creators constantly keep having to say.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I still doubt it will be a one minute battle. It was probably nothing. I rather SSJG Goku fight off someone else if they use him for a one minute battle like Thor, Spawn or another comic book character that had god related power.
Super Saiyan God Goku vs Asura. That would be a very cool battle, I actually don't know who'd win that one either.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:15 pm

Bullza wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I still doubt it will be a one minute battle. It was probably nothing. I rather SSJG Goku fight off someone else if they use him for a one minute battle like Thor, Spawn or another comic book character that had god related power.
Super Saiyan God Goku vs Asura. That would be a very cool battle, I actually don't know who'd win that one either.
Asura would win. As SSJ God Goku has no feats to back up his full strength. But Resurrection F could provide some insight. But until then, Asura would wreck Goku.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:That crossover is also not canon...
Yet the rules about the gauntlet still applies

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:27 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:I believe they said they wouldn't be doing it due to how SSJ God works (specifically the 5 Saiyan requirement, which goes against Death Battle rules). Even then, I highly doubt that SSJ God would still close the gap between Goku and Superman. As they said in the episode, the difference is in their character. Goku has limits and is pushing to bypass these limits, but suffers little to no mental trouble (aside from being an airhead to common sense). Superman deals with a lot of mental trauma and struggles to accept himself and his heritage, but is said to have no limits so long as the Sun is there to give him power (the guy can suppress a freaken Black Hole for crying out loud). So yeah, bypassing limits vs. no limit, Goku still has his limits and Superman (more or less) doesn't.
dbzfan7 wrote:They teased it twice. Once after the stream with Samus vs Boba Fett too. It annoys me to no end. They complain about some fan backlash and then they won't just let it go. They continue to make jokes and then do these kind of hints. They should just stick to their guns and let it go. Besides Godku has no defined feats anyways, so putting him in a rematch is stupid til there's actually some feats he accomplishes. Why bother doing a rematch if the outcome wasn't even brought back into question. There's is no questioning the outcome til Godku does something noteworthy.
Not only that, but we don't even know the maximum potential of God Form. In Battle of Gods Goku admitted he was only going 80%, and seconds later God Form expired. Also, Beerus said that Goku didn't notice God Form wear off because his body adapted its power and only had a small decrease in power.
After goku became a god it was stated that his power level was limitless therefore he should have no problem dealing with superman now.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:28 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:I believe they said they wouldn't be doing it due to how SSJ God works (specifically the 5 Saiyan requirement, which goes against Death Battle rules). Even then, I highly doubt that SSJ God would still close the gap between Goku and Superman. As they said in the episode, the difference is in their character. Goku has limits and is pushing to bypass these limits, but suffers little to no mental trouble (aside from being an airhead to common sense). Superman deals with a lot of mental trauma and struggles to accept himself and his heritage, but is said to have no limits so long as the Sun is there to give him power (the guy can suppress a freaken Black Hole for crying out loud). So yeah, bypassing limits vs. no limit, Goku still has his limits and Superman (more or less) doesn't.
dbzfan7 wrote:They teased it twice. Once after the stream with Samus vs Boba Fett too. It annoys me to no end. They complain about some fan backlash and then they won't just let it go. They continue to make jokes and then do these kind of hints. They should just stick to their guns and let it go. Besides Godku has no defined feats anyways, so putting him in a rematch is stupid til there's actually some feats he accomplishes. Why bother doing a rematch if the outcome wasn't even brought back into question. There's is no questioning the outcome til Godku does something noteworthy.
Not only that, but we don't even know the maximum potential of God Form. In Battle of Gods Goku admitted he was only going 80%, and seconds later God Form expired. Also, Beerus said that Goku didn't notice God Form wear off because his body adapted its power and only had a small decrease in power.
After goku became a god it was stated that his power level was limitless therefore he should have no problem dealing with superman now.
No it didn't.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:36 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
Stopping you right there. First, as Kammicolo said below, SSJG does not give Goku limitless power. Otherwise Beerus wouldn't have been a problem. Also, Goku isnt even the strongest in his own franchise as far as we know. Beerus, Whis, and now possibly Freeza surpass him.

Third, there is no "Superman". He cant be generalized. Ever since his conception there have been literally dozens of iterations of the character from All Star, Flashpoint, Prime, DCAU (Animated Series/Justice League), Red Son, and tons of others. Many with their own unique powers, strengths, weaknesses, and feats. To say Goku can just beat Superman is saying he can beat every iteration of the character and that is just completely arrogant and asinine. There are version of Supes that Goku can finger flick and versions that even SSJ4 Gogeta wouldnt even scratch. Your utter wanking of DBZ and the power of its characters is not appreciated by anyone here so please stop.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Mewzard wrote:Frankly, I'd rather see Super Saiyan God Goku fight Pegasus Seiya in his Pegasus God Cloth:

God form vs God form and all that (interesting note, the God Cloth does predate SSJ1 in creation).

But if we must go back to Goku vs Superman, they could always use a different Superman.

Like the New 52 Superman, or Earth 23 Superman, where he's kinda sorta Barack Obama, but with a different name. Or Earth 10, because Goku could totally fight Nazi Superman (Overman).

Bizarro might be fun, or the Cyborg Superman, or we could bring back Superboy Prime, because someone who can push a planet so fast it looks like it's teleporting and physically alter the center of the universe by such means would totally be a fair choice...
Didnt God cloth seiya managed to crack hades armor who has universal level durability? anyway seiya easily stomps, because it was stated by goku during whis fight that if beerus attack would have hit them they would have been dead. and beerus attack managed to destroy 2 suns. Now just imagine Seiya's Pegasus Fist punch is capable of delivering billion of punches per second with each punch capable of wiping out stars! Thats like being hit by Cluster of supernovas exploding at a point blank range that neither goku or superman have shown feats to be able to withstand.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:56 am

Asura would win. As SSJ God Goku has no feats to back up his full strength. But Resurrection F could provide some insight. But until then, Asura would wreck Goku.

Power scaling off of Beerus is the best way to gauge his power.

Asura in his strongest form was flying through space at speeds comparable to Whis while one shotting multiple planets at a time and even destroying stars. Beerus destroyed planets just by flying into them, destroyed a star with a tiny blast while half asleep and can destroy a solar system.

Goku was about 70% of that power so probably could have done what Asura did. Any disadvantage he might have is possibly not being as fast, most likely not being as strong as a guy twice as big as Earth and he can't breath in space. He might have more destructive power though.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:22 am

Dbzk1999 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:That crossover is also not canon...
Yet the rules about the gauntlet still applies
Only if you include the stuff written in Hickman's run which is contradicted elsewhere and also only applies to non-616 gauntlets.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:24 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Stopping you right there. First, as Kammicolo said below, SSJG does not give Goku limitless power. Otherwise Beerus wouldn't have been a problem. Also, Goku isnt even the strongest in his own franchise as far as we know. Beerus, Whis, and now possibly Freeza surpass him.
Also maybe Vegeta, if some of the rumors about how RoF ends are true.

Well we all know that would make the Vegeta fans happy at least.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Just curious but Beerus is said to be able to destroy a Solar System, seemingly with a single energy blast. Which versions of Superman could and couldn't survive such an attack?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Well some people would say that if you want to take statements at face value you have to do the same for every side. And I've seen people post a bunch of scans with crazy statements of what Superman can do.