Who should beat Black?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sodhi
I Live Here

Re: Who should beat Black?

Post by Sodhi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:53 am

I think Hit should defeat Black with his assassin techniques and then let trunks put on the finishing blow. That would be awesome. Hopefully he can teach trunks the technique too.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:59 am

Trunks should be the one to beat him cause it is officially his arc so he deserves to be the star but like everyone else i very much doubt it. A team victory would be great like the Saiyan arc.

- Travis

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:46 am

Should definitely not be Goku imo.

I would want it to be Trunks, or maybe Trunks fused with Gohan. I also want Piccolo to be a contender again, not necessarily get the kill but give him some time to shine, a brief moment where he's the strongest Z-fighter again like he was against 17.

I'd also be okay if Vegeta got the kill, if he got to protect his alternate son and at the same time settle his score with Goku in a way, once and for all.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:57 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegeta will never defeat the main villain.

It will be a team victory as Zeno and Beerus will be in trouble so I doubt any single person can do it.
He defeated Golden Freeza so it could happen again.

It was never said anywhere that either of them would be in trouble.
He didn't, Goku did.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:17 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegeta will never defeat the main villain.

It will be a team victory as Zeno and Beerus will be in trouble so I doubt any single person can do it.
He defeated Golden Freeza so it could happen again.

It was never said anywhere that either of them would be in trouble.
He didn't, Goku did.
Goku killed him while vegeta beat him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:29 am

For the 100th time: he was exhausted from battle with Goku and had stamina issues. You're saying that every time, like he did something amazing.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:28 am

MaxZ wrote:Should definitely not be Goku imo.

I would want it to be Trunks, or maybe Trunks fused with Gohan. I also want Piccolo to be a contender again, not necessarily get the kill but give him some time to shine, a brief moment where he's the strongest Z-fighter again like he was against 17.

I'd also be okay if Vegeta got the kill, if he got to protect his alternate son and at the same time settle his score with Goku in a way, once and for all.
Piccolo is the only person alive who has killed Goku so it would be nice for him to kill Black Goku.

My analysis

If Goku beats Black Goku it will look stupid.
Toriyama will never let Vegeta beat any form of Goku
Gohan is useless so should not be apart of the conversation.
Trunks will be most likely beat him if the actual main villain is Black Goku if not then it will be Goku
Piccolo is not a Saiyan so wont get the win
And everyone else is in the same position as Gohan.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:42 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:For the 100th time: he was exhausted from battle with Goku and had stamina issues. You're saying that every time, like he did something amazing.
Give it up, a lot of us actually see's the bigger picture (Goku literally babyfed Vegeta cough*) while he only see's the Vegeta picture, anything prior to Vegeta fighting during that arc is non existent to him.

I'm only saying this so that the topic would hopefully stop here, I have a feeling there's gonna be back and forth with this again.

Anyways back on topic, its obviously gonna be a fusion of Monaka and Mr.Satan =Motan.
Kidding aside I hope it will be Gohan but that seems a bit of a stretch now with how he is so maybe it'll be Goku again.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:43 am

Anybody except goku and vegeta..
It's reaching to a point of excess now, they have nothing interesting going on about their characters anymore..
Anybody but them would be a good move..

That aside Trunks beating goku black is nice touch, as gohan has been trunks teacher him joining in would be nice too..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:39 am

Kishido wrote: Vegeta would be perfect saving his SON's timeline and of course get "revenge" for his WIFE
Didn't Trunks establish in the Cell arc that changing things in the past won't help the future timeline where things have already gone to crap?

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:48 am

Omni king. Whis said omni king destroys evil beings, why would he said that? Since no one was evil there when whis said. So Goku black will become so powerful proly even whis or beerus wont be able to stop him and omni king will step in or by accident arrive there to announce the tourney and kill goku black.

Granted considering there is a kai involved i think the arc will be much deeper.

Shinomori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinomori » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 am

It doesn't matter who beats Black Goku as long as other characters get some time to shine. Let's not forget that in DBZ, Goku didn't have a solid W until he fought Frieza. He tag teamed Raditz, and he lost to Vegeta. (Probably the greatest hidden secret known in the Dragon Ball world) In all all, no matter what arc it was, everybody in the DBZ series had their time to shine. So far in Super, it's been the Goku show featuring Vegeta.

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:55 am

Shinomori wrote:It doesn't matter who beats Black Goku as long as other characters get some time to shine. Let's not forget that in DBZ, Goku didn't have a solid W until he fought Frieza. He tag teamed Raditz, and he lost to Vegeta. (Probably the greatest hidden secret known in the Dragon Ball world) In all all, no matter what arc it was, everybody in the DBZ series had their time to shine. So far in Super, it's been the Goku show featuring Vegeta.
This guy gets it

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:59 am

There is no way Goku and Vegeta will fuse again. Maybe Gohan, or Gohan and Trunks fused (Truhan?).

Jayayo

Post by Jayayo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:24 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:SSGSS Vegetto.
That would be sweet.
I like to think that Kibitoshin defusing meant something.
THIS + Whis mentioned that Goku and Vegeta should team up
i'm investing in this theory :thumbup:
i'm almost 100% sure of it.
'' Life is like a anime, make every episode count. Nobody likes fillers ''
- Jayayo

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:47 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:There is no way Goku and Vegeta will fuse again.
It's been hinted at time and time again that if Goku and Vegeta were to work together, their power would be extraordinary.

If the situation becomes dire, they might decide on fusing.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:13 pm

Shinomori wrote:Goku didn't have a solid W until he fought Frieza.
And he didn't have anything after that, he lost to #19, surrendered to Cell, Let Buu go so the kids could fight him & lost Ssj3 before he could do anything against the other Buu.

Not only was it his only major win, it was his only solo main battle.

BrandonR24
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrandonR24 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:43 pm

It would be really cool to see Vegeta and Trunks tag team it. Like Vegeta land a final blow, but Goku Black shocks them and begins to rise, yet Trunks charges and either blows him to smithereens or pull a "Windwaker Link" and just shove the sword in him. Dramatic Endiiiinnnnggg!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:46 pm

sintzu wrote:
And he didn't have anything after that, he lost to #19, surrendered to Cell, Let Buu go so the kids could fight him & lost Ssj3 before he could do anything against the other Buu.

What is wrong with that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:48 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:

What is wrong with that.
Nothing, I meant that in a positive way.

Goku not getting all the spotlight in favor of the other getting to shine is the main reason Z is my favorite anime.
Last edited by sintzu on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.