They're at it again; anyone care to translate Portuguese?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 08, 2004 11:19 am

They were trying to bait Daizex into insulting Brazilians in general so that they could get Brazilian support. So far their strategy is already working on Deus Ex Machina and dragonpearls. I think this is already getting out of hand. Obviously they didn't understand what they were being accused of in the thread from a while ago due to language barriers and this was never addressed when they took offense.

...From there they turned into idiots though. :?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Sat May 08, 2004 11:33 am

One of the higest signs of lying when dealing with these things is if someone makes a two-three page long diatribe about how great they are and how this that and the other, about how america is this this this, blah blah blah.

I fail to see how this could count as "us afraid of them getting more traffic", because in all honesty, their site is in portugeuse, and ours is in English. DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Sat May 08, 2004 12:01 pm

B-kun wrote:
PsyLiam wrote:That bouncing dragonball makes me want to smash my monitor.
Same with me. *impales the ball with a kunai*
No surprise, I suppose, that it was also taken (from my siteoriginally, although it's been snaked so much since I originally rendered it, there's no telling where they came by it) without any attribution.

ferrofx

Post by ferrofx » Sat May 08, 2004 3:06 pm

hummm ....By the way....where does Dragon ball fit in this conversation? I always thought that there was only one nationality here: Dragon Ball Fans! Where's common sense in all of this? Where's the "i'm sorry, it was rude to "steal" something without giving any king of recognition to those who went through the hard work to give us things like Neko Majin Z 3!" and also something like: "Gosh maybe we also over reacted over something made with the best intentions, considering there are people in the world who don't speak Japanese or even English and they're not trying to steal any spot-light or credits over our work"... man...focus on the real deal between all of this...the core of this, is that some people were thoughtless and others were rude and others went stupid!I'm not exchanging Daizenshu EX over any other site, that's why i think one should ask when trying to copycat another, one could even contribute and affiliate instead stealing hoping noboby notices it......one last thing to say: You can´t fight fire with fire...'nuff said
"Neko----Hame---Haaaaa!!!"

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat May 08, 2004 6:18 pm

Dayspring wrote:They were trying to bait Daizex into insulting Brazilians in general so that they could get Brazilian support. So far their strategy is already working on Deus Ex Machina and dragonpearls. I think this is already getting out of hand. Obviously they didn't understand what they were being accused of in the thread from a while ago due to language barriers and this was never addressed when they took offense.
Yeah, I got baited alright, and I'm not even American. I just about blew my top when that guy had the nerve to say all that shit, then brought up nationality for no reason. But anyone with half a brain could see through his flimsy arguments. The guy was caught red handed.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 08, 2004 6:41 pm

Yup. Even if he believed in what he was saying to be true, a real person would have resolved the issue in the first thread. Then he makes a statement how it's only ok to steal from him since he stole from someone else, who by his definition stole from someone else to.

Moral of the story: OBVIOUSLY he's Robin Hood since he steals from the rich (Americans) and gives to the poor (Brazilians). BBBUUUUUUUUURRRRNNNN!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh...that's gonna come back to bite me in the ass. :twisted:

(To honest Brazilian people out there: I apologize. This was a bad joke at your expense. Kind of how him being alive is a joke made at mankind's expense)
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat May 08, 2004 11:51 pm

Zackarotto wrote:I meant ban his IP from the site, so that he can't come by to steal new images. Or, it would be much harder. I don't imagine there's cybercafes or school computer rooms over there?
You don't imagine that there are any cybercafes or school computer rooms in the whole of Brazil?

And Super Steve: I don't recall a bouncing dragonball on your site? Or did they take the one on the frontpage that takes you to the episode guide?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun May 09, 2004 12:13 am

I've sucked at wording things, again...

Well, there would be plenty. But they'd still be way harder to find. It's not like he'd post on his site: "WANTED: SOMEBODY TO SEND ME CONSTANT DAIZEX UPDATES AND THE IMAGES VIA EMAIL." Obviously.

dragonpearls
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dragonpearls » Sun May 09, 2004 12:33 am

Dayspring wrote:They were trying to bait Daizex into insulting Brazilians in general so that they could get Brazilian support. So far their strategy is already working on Deus Ex Machina and dragonpearls. I think this is already getting out of hand. Obviously they didn't understand what they were being accused of in the thread from a while ago due to language barriers and this was never addressed when they took offense. ...From there they turned into idiots though. :?

You mean you guys didn't ask them why? I thout you did.

Also, I didn't mention the site thing as an international thing. I said that out of conversion.

...But no biggie. ^_^
[i]......HI! ^_^[/i]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 09, 2004 8:30 am

Sorry, dragonpearls! For you I meant like how they got you to mention that Sailor Moon site. But now they've got you thinking "Brazilians stole from DaizEX. This site stole from a Sailor Moon site and is Brazilian too. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!" And since you made this connection public, they're going to get a bunch of Brazilians fans to say "lookee what these bastards are saying!!! They're blaming my injustices on all of us!!! Shun them!"

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun May 09, 2004 1:43 pm

We're dealing with Brazilians here, Dayspring, not Portuguese people. :)

Post edited.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 09, 2004 1:56 pm

Whatever. Either way it's "N0tt AM3R1CAN S00 I77 SUX0RS~~!!!" :P

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Sun May 09, 2004 5:23 pm

PsyLiam wrote:
And Super Steve: I don't recall a bouncing dragonball on your site? Or did they take the one on the frontpage that takes you to the episode guide?
That one, yeah. It's all shrunk down when it bounces, and everything, but that's the one.

(I once made a blown-up version of it, but as an animated gif, it was over 300K or something. And this is back when dialups were still 28.8 as a rule.)

dragonpearls
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dragonpearls » Sun May 09, 2004 10:19 pm

Well,...the real question is how can it be stop?
[i]......HI! ^_^[/i]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon May 10, 2004 9:13 am

Dayspring wrote:
(To honest Brazilian people out there: I apologize. This was a bad joke at your expense. Kind of how him being alive is a joke made at mankind's expense)
Actually, Kami-Sama being a Brazilian webmaster is an insult to other Brazilian webmasters more like.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

ferrofx

Post by ferrofx » Mon May 10, 2004 1:16 pm

Hey i'm the portuguese guy, and maybe the only one around here! So why was my country mentioned in this mess! We speak the same language (with very little differences and different accent) but that's all... One country on South America and the other in Europe! And yes there are people that don't deserve to pay for the mistake of others, stupid people live in every country in the world with any color or belief you can imagine, so lets not bring nationalities....like i said before, i thought there was only one nationality here : Dragon Ball Fans
"Neko----Hame---Haaaaa!!!"

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon May 10, 2004 5:07 pm

:?

"Reads the topic"

"punches himself for never checking the general board"

Generalizations aren't good... I'm Brazilian and I don't agree with that Kamisama guy. He was stupid all the time. He stole content from this site and tried to convince you that he was right? He was an idiot and a thief.

But, it's to be expected... Most Brazilians DB pages are bad now. There were some good pages years ago, but DB is kind of dead around here now. The last good pages disapeared many years ago... :cry:

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon May 10, 2004 5:43 pm

I've missed a lot.

That evil... bouncing... Dragon Ball... It must... die... *eye twitches*

I remember visiting that site... Lots of stolen stuff (although, then again, most anime sites are full of stolen content...)

It's interesting the lengths that people will go to justify theft when it would be so much easier to ask for permission. I just came from another site that was taking the high-quality music vids from one site, encoding them in .rm format, and sticking them up on their own site sans credit. Their argument was similar to this site's; they said that they were making the vids available to more people and 56k friendly by making the filesizes smaller. That seems to be the most popular argument by most media thiefs.... A rather pathetic one, too.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon May 10, 2004 5:50 pm

Hey, Alias.. I'm not sure if you realise this, but your avatar seems to be broken. You might wanna move it to Photobucket or something, since Angelfire's evil. PB seems to be made for avvie hosting.

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Mon May 10, 2004 6:11 pm

It's gone? On my computer it's there.

Wait a sec, I just cleared my cache and reloaded everything, it's not coming up. *sigh* Evil, evil Angelfire...