Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:10 am

Pannaliciour wrote:It doesnt matter if he lost only in arm wrestling. Whis said Jiren might be above GoD tier before he powered up full power. And then Jiren gets another power up on top on his full power. He is above beerus. And nobody contradicts Whis about thus statement.
Whis stated Jiren is only stronger than Belmound. Has nothing to do with Beerus.
miguelnuva1 wrote:It was said that UI Goku might be stronger than Beerus and that same guy smokes Jiren.
Exactly. It's only questionable if UI Goku who beat Jiren is stronger than Beerus, it's an unknown.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:23 am

Story and character page added to the official website!

Some new images:

There's some real nice HQ designs of each character. Check em out on the website!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:23 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
It was said that UI Goku might be stronger than Beerus and that same guy smokes Jiren.
The promo also was specific if it meant Omen and completed UI. Also, Whis thought Jiren surpassed a God of Destruction in 110, when he was heavily holding back. And keep in mind, Jiren with his shirt off is trauma boosted Jiren. Jiren was at his full power when he got his triple aura at the end of 126.
Miracles wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:It doesnt matter if he lost only in arm wrestling. Whis said Jiren might be above GoD tier before he powered up full power. And then Jiren gets another power up on top on his full power. He is above beerus. And nobody contradicts Whis about thus statement.
Whis stated Jiren is only stronger than Belmound. Has nothing to do with Beerus.
miguelnuva1 wrote:It was said that UI Goku might be stronger than Beerus and that same guy smokes Jiren.
Exactly. It's only questionable if UI Goku who beat Jiren is stronger than Beerus, it's an unknown.
It was never said anywhere that Jiren was only as strong as Belmont, even in the Super manga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:35 am

Here are each of the character designs from the website:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:47 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Image
I'm glad SSG Vegeta hasn't suddenly disappeared again or anything, but his SS and SSGSS designs are literally just the same image recoloured, damn it. :lol:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 am

HeroR wrote:It was never said anywhere that Jiren was only as strong as Belmont, even in the Super manga.
That's right, I never stated that, both anime and manga stated that Jiren is only stronger than Belmound.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 am

Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:It was never said anywhere that Jiren was only as strong as Belmont, even in the Super manga.
That's right, I never stated that, both anime and manga stated that Jiren is only stronger than Belmound.
The anime certainly never said he was only stronger than Belmont. If the anime did, please post the quote. And the manga only said that Jiren's skills/battle power surpassed his own God of Destruction, not that it's the only god he's more powerful then. If it says otherwise, post the quote.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

HeroR wrote:The anime certainly never said he was only stronger than Belmont. If the anime did, please post the quote. And the manga only said that Jiren's skills/battle power surpassed his own God of Destruction, not that it's the only god he's more powerful then. If it says otherwise, post the quote.
That's the quote, that Jiren only surpassed Belmound in both manga and anime. Didn't mention he was stronger than any other gods. What mental gymnastics are you trying to play here?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Story and character page added to the official website!

Some new images:

There's some real nice HQ designs of each character. Check em out on the website!
Neat! :thumbup: That first image looks like it's from the same sequence as the Super Saiyan Goku we saw in the trailer.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:21 am

Tried to translate the Piccolo character section, seems to focus on pointing out how he's 'one minute, Earth's god and the next the great evil king'. Then ends with saying something about him having a 'sense of mind next...'
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am

Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:The anime certainly never said he was only stronger than Belmont. If the anime did, please post the quote. And the manga only said that Jiren's skills/battle power surpassed his own God of Destruction, not that it's the only god he's more powerful then. If it says otherwise, post the quote.
That's the quote, that Jiren only surpassed Belmound in both manga and anime. Didn't mention he was stronger than any other gods. What mental gymnastics are you trying to play here?
Yes, but it wasn't only Belmond and Whis added in the anime that Belmond surpassed Beerus, which we only have Beerus' word that Whis is exaggerating with 'it was only arm wrestling'. So it's false to say 'didn't mention he was stronger than any other gods'.
Kanassa wrote:

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:25 am

https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1027893275586220032

[spoiler]"Broly's Character Introduction

Few of the Surviving Saiyans.
A Mysterious Saiyan who has never seen Goku or Vegeta.
What is his Purpose for Coming to Earth(Planet)?!"[/spoiler]
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:26 am

HeroR wrote:Yes, but it wasn't only Belmond and Whis added in the anime that Belmond surpassed Beerus, which we only have Beerus' word that Whis is exaggerating with 'it was only arm wrestling'. So it's false to say 'didn't mention he was stronger than any other gods'.
You keep ignoring facts for your own desires...BOTH manga and anime have Beerus word NEVER contradicted that he lost in arm wrestling. While Whis ONLY confirms that Jiren is stronger than Belmound in the TOP and does not debunk Beerus about his arm wrestling claim. Whis didn't even know WHICH universe had the mortal stronger than it's god until the TOP. Actually read the series before making claims that don't match it.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 am

Still no Goten or Trunks?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 am

Miracles wrote: You keep ignoring facts for your own desires...BOTH manga and anime have Beerus word NEVER contradicted that he lost in arm wrestling. While Whis ONLY confirms that Jiren is stronger than Belmound in the TOP and does not debunk Beerus about his arm wrestling claim. Whis didn't even know WHICH universe had the mortal stronger than it's god until the TOP. Actually read the series before making claims that don't match it.
My own desires? I am literally quoting what the show is telling is us. You're the one making assumption of 'Jiren is only as strong as Belmond as stated in the anime and manga', when no such thing was said and the anime added Jiren was stronger than Beerus according to Whis, which Beerus disputed.

And Beerus' word was contradicted by Whis himself he said, 'this god is stronger than Beerus'. That and in the manga, the arm wrestling wasn't even about Bemond.

Whis would know which universe if Beerus was so sure when he said 'it was just arm wrestling', so he knows what god Whis is referring to. And the fact the anime and manga in the context of arm wrestling were talking about two different gods.
Last edited by HeroR on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 am

So I translated some stuff and got some more info. Translation's a bit iffy, so I apologise in advance if anything's incorrect.
[spoiler]In Bulma's character profile, looks like Goku and the gang are collecting all 7 Dragon Balls in secret during the film.

The pink-haired Freeza Force character is called Berry. She's an old lady who works for Freeza and isn't afraid to speak her mind in front of the tyrant. I already love her.

Kikono is a very old Freeza Force member and is a genius scientist who worked for King Cold. He created the scouters, armour and spacecrafts.

This translation's a little iffy... So, Cheelai either came across a stolen Galactic Patrol ship or stole a Galactic Patrol ship. Either way, she joined the Freeza Force to escape from her pursuers.

Lemo also worked under King Cold. He isn't a fighter.[/spoiler]

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:23 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:So I translated some stuff and got some more info. Translation's a bit iffy, so I apologise in advance if anything's incorrect.
[spoiler]In Bulma's character profile, looks like Goku and the gang are collecting all 7 Dragon Balls in secret during the film.

The pink-haired Freeza Force character is called Berry. She's an old lady who works for Freeza and isn't afraid to speak her mind in front of the tyrant. I already love her.

Kikono is a very old Freeza Force member and is a genius scientist who worked for King Cold. He created the scouters, armour and spacecrafts.

This translation's a little iffy... So, Cheelai either came across a stolen Galactic Patrol ship or stole a Galactic Patrol ship. Either way, she joined the Freeza Force to escape from her pursuers.

Lemo also worked under King Cold. He isn't a fighter.[/spoiler]
Great! Thanks for the translations. It’s very nice to see Toriyama remembered about King Cold too having an army.
Kikono being the inventor of all that awesome technology is great. The old girl may provide some interesting dialogue, I already love how it seems like she is the classic old lady who doesn’t give a fuck about what she says and the consequences.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 am

HeroR wrote:My own desires? I am literally quoting what the show is telling is us. You're the one making assumption of 'Jiren is only as strong as Belmond as stated in the anime and manga', when no such thing was said and the anime added Jiren was stronger than Beerus according to Whis, which Beerus disputed.

And Beerus' word was contradicted by Whis himself he said, 'this god is stronger than Beerus'. That and in the manga, the arm wrestling wasn't even about Bemond.

Whis would know which universe if Beerus was so sure when he said 'it was just arm wrestling', so he knows what god Whis is referring to. And the fact the anime and manga in the context of arm wrestling were talking about two different gods.
You got no facts.
Fact 1: Jiren was stated/confirmed to be stronger than Belmound in both anime/manga, nobody else.
Fact 2: Beerus only lost in arm wrestling in both anime and manga. Beerus didn't even say to whom in the anime. Whis NEVER refuted this point EVER.
Fact 3: You will use more of your fanfic. Please read the story before commenting.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am

Miracles wrote: You got no facts.
Fact 1: Jiren was stated/confirmed to be stronger than Belmound in both anime/manga, nobody else.
Fact 2: Beerus only lost in arm wrestling in both anime and manga. Beerus didn't even say to whom in the anime. Whis NEVER refuted this point EVER.
Fact 3: You will use more of your fanfic. Please read the story before commenting.
You say I got no facts when you're the one who says its a fact that Jiren is only stronger than Belmond.

1. True.
2. The arm wrestling match were between two different gods in the manga and anime. In the manga, it was U4 god. In the anime, it's heavily implied to be Belmond since Whis said upon seeing Jiren's power 'it seems the rumors were true'. That and the context in this arm wrestling match was different between the two versions, so Whis couldn't even refute Beerus' point in the manga.
3. Again, I used nothing but what the anime have told us, but for some reason you keep mixing and matching the manga and anime when the context of the arm wrestling isn't even the same.
Kanassa wrote: