Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Noah wrote:Exactly, also I don't think that was Belmod as he and Beerus never interacted in the ToP after all. Quitela being the one who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling is more plausible since Beerus (anime), noted how he "wasn't good with that guy," and surprisingly didn't retort against Quitela's snarky remark about U7 during the tournament. Whis never implied that Belmod was strong than Beerus. We know that Jiren is stronger than the GoD from Universe 11, but not all GoDs.
Yes, thank you. Everything you stated is story fact from A to Z. The anime and manga coincide on this.
Pannaliciour wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:It doesnt matter if he lost only in arm wrestling. Whis said Jiren might be above GoD tier before he powered up full power. And then Jiren gets another power up on top on his full power. He is above beerus. And nobody contradicts Whis about thus statement.
Whis stated Jiren is only stronger than Belmound. Has nothing to do with Beerus.
miguelnuva1 wrote:It was said that UI Goku might be stronger than Beerus and that same guy smokes Jiren.
Exactly. It's only questionable if UI Goku who beat Jiren is stronger than Beerus, it's an unknown.
Wow really, Whis stated that Jiren is GoD tier ( no specific name wich one of the GoD. Then he said perhaps even above. You see never ever he mention Belmouth. The context is that he is not (only) above his GoD but above GoD tier: so each one. Beerus is a GoD so therfore beerus << Jiren.

https://youtu.be/wvrNHKBp098
Read the clip carefully. Whis confirmed the "RUMOR" that the god that was surpassed by a mortal was Belmound in that clip. Whis even looks at him.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:24 pm

emperior wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:If SSBE & kaioken are not in the movie, will the anime still be considered the main product/ continuation?
If they do not retell the movie in a new Super show, yes. If they retell the movie and include the anime originals, then they will most likely include the cut parts of the original script, making the retelling also closer to Toriyama’s original vision and thus the retelling will be considered a more complete version.
In any case, the anime will continue being the main product. Both the anime and manga are continuations.
Gosh I can already picture that happening, but please no more retellings for God's sake.
Jesus-is Lord wrote:[he anime is not and never was the...okay let me not say "never"... but the TV show isn't the main continuity, anymore. May you please stop spreading this lie around? The manga and tv show are both canon, and neither one is more canon then the other.
That's not a lie, pal. The anime came first and it's not adapted from a weekly manga, Super manga only serves to promote the latter. Saying that the anime is the main product is not an opinion, but a fact.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Please people, take the jiren vs beerus debate to the strength discussion thread. It really has no purpose being in this thread.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:43 pm

For the love of god, please, if they have to make a retelling of this movie, let them use the movie footage... pleeeease. :(

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:02 pm

I wouldn't mind if the movie was adapted into the next arc of Super to get things rolling again. Just so long as they cut down on the padding. That's what the BoG and RoF suffered most from. All the additional padding to drag out the run time and episode length for each season. If they had instead turned their focus away from spectacle and padding and instead on helping the new animation team improve and get up to speed, DBS probably would've gotten ahead a lot quicker and more smoothly.

Though still, I also hope they adapt more of Toriyama's original script so that the lore is expanded. Just so long as it's not all pointless fluff. Keep it interesting, just don't hang on it for five episodes.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Another interview with director Tatsuya Nagamine. Looks like he’s talking about the storyboarding process for the film.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:53 pm

YamiGoku wrote:For the love of god, please, if they have to make a retelling of this movie, let them use the movie footage... pleeeease. :(
Honestly outside episode 5 the BoG retelling wasn't that bad from an animation standpoint. Compared to RoF it was amazing :lol:

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:10 am

Nevaeh wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:For the love of god, please, if they have to make a retelling of this movie, let them use the movie footage... pleeeease. :(
Honestly outside episode 5 the BoG retelling wasn't that bad from an animation standpoint. Compared to RoF it was amazing :lol:
To be fair, some of Super's BoG arc looked better than the movie in many ways. Episodes 1, 2, and 13(the "on model" episodes), while not much better, does look better than the "on model" scenes in the movie. Episode 6 was far better storyboarded than the movie, and episodes 11 and 14 are far better animated than 90% the movie.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:52 am

DHM211 wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:
To be fair, some of Super's BoG arc looked better than the movie in many ways. Episodes 1, 2, and 13(the "on model" episodes), while not much better, does look better than the "on model" scenes in the movie. Episode 6 was far better storyboarded than the movie, and episodes 11 and 14 are far better animated than 90% the movie.
can we have comparison pics plz?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:54 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Another interview with director Tatsuya Nagamine. Looks like he’s talking about the storyboarding process for the film.
Ah, nice. Would like to see how the process is done.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 am

Miracles wrote:
Noah wrote:Exactly, also I don't think that was Belmod as he and Beerus never interacted in the ToP after all. Quitela being the one who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling is more plausible since Beerus (anime), noted how he "wasn't good with that guy," and surprisingly didn't retort against Quitela's snarky remark about U7 during the tournament. Whis never implied that Belmod was strong than Beerus. We know that Jiren is stronger than the GoD from Universe 11, but not all GoDs.
Yes, thank you. Everything you stated is story fact from A to Z. The anime and manga coincide on this.
Pannaliciour wrote:
Miracles wrote: Whis stated Jiren is only stronger than Belmound. Has nothing to do with Beerus.

Exactly. It's only questionable if UI Goku who beat Jiren is stronger than Beerus, it's an unknown.
Wow really, Whis stated that Jiren is GoD tier ( no specific name wich one of the GoD. Then he said perhaps even above. You see never ever he mention Belmouth. The context is that he is not (only) above his GoD but above GoD tier: so each one. Beerus is a GoD so therfore beerus << Jiren.

https://youtu.be/wvrNHKBp098
Read the clip carefully. Whis confirmed the "RUMOR" that the god that was surpassed by a mortal was Belmound in that clip. Whis even looks at him.
Whis said there is a mortal who is stronger than a GoD who is stronger than Beerus, which confirms Jiren is stronger than Beerus.

Whis said Jiren perhaps surpassed the STATE of a GoD while he was suppressed, which confirms Jiren was stronger than all of the GoDs.

End of story.

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:58 am

LightBing wrote:Chelye is a type of character I really like, expecting great things from her.
I saw somewhere someone pointing out a resemblance.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:06 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Another interview with director Tatsuya Nagamine. Looks like he’s talking about the storyboarding process for the film.
He's not wrong this year the quality of figures (excluding Bandai) have increased almost 10 fold from anything prior. I'm so glad the movie has come out this year. 2018 has been the best year for quality of figures hopefully things will keep getting better and hopefully we won't every have a dreadful year like 2017 ever again.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:45 am

DHM211 wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:

Yes, but I fear for RoF levels of quality. :(

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:46 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
HeroR wrote: The only god confirmed to have UI in any form is Beerus and even then UI is referred to a form beyond the gods.
Beerus is the only one that showed the ability in the manga, but in the anime all of them can do it. Either way, that’s the only thing that makes Goku different from Vegeta in powerlevel.
Where was it stated in the anime that that all can do it?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:49 am

YamiGoku wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
Nevaeh wrote: Honestly outside episode 5 the BoG retelling wasn't that bad from an animation standpoint. Compared to RoF it was amazing :lol:

Yes, but I fear for RoF levels of quality. :(
Resurrection ‘F’ was also heavily outsourced.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Toonami1998

Post by Toonami1998 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:52 am

Broly is gonna be one of the good guys. Look at his attire, very hulk like and also the way his character is already being built up in the trailers. I feel a very Avenger like approach coming in super with Broly being the DBZ version of Hulk for his team later on. Also power scaling wise, he will be on par with Jiren

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Toonami1998 wrote:Broly is gonna be one of the good guys. Look at his attire, very hulk like and also the way his character is already being built up in the trailers. I feel a very Avenger like approach coming in super with Broly being the DBZ version of Hulk for his team later on. Also power scaling wise, he will be on par with Jiren
No he will be stronger than Jiren, that’s already been stated. “Frankly, the enemy Goku and co. are facing is the strongest.” And this naturally includes Jiren.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Oracle wrote:Image
Oh Colonel Violet, since it's been a while since the last time I read the RR arc, I ask: what happened to her? Was she killed in the HQ?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Noah wrote:
emperior wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:If SSBE & kaioken are not in the movie, will the anime still be considered the main product/ continuation?
If they do not retell the movie in a new Super show, yes. If they retell the movie and include the anime originals, then they will most likely include the cut parts of the original script, making the retelling also closer to Toriyama’s original vision and thus the retelling will be considered a more complete version.
In any case, the anime will continue being the main product. Both the anime and manga are continuations.
Gosh I can already picture that happening, but please no more retellings for God's sake.
Jesus-is Lord wrote:[he anime is not and never was the...okay let me not say "never"... but the TV show isn't the main continuity, anymore. May you please stop spreading this lie around? The manga and tv show are both canon, and neither one is more canon then the other.
That's not a lie, pal. The anime came first and it's not adapted from a weekly manga, Super manga only serves to promote the latter. Saying that the anime is the main product is not an opinion, but a fact.
Too bad it’s not a fact. Can’t believe people are still saying this years after Super began.