"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
nato25
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1501
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by nato25 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 am

Just noticed that's Great Ape Nappa with Vegeta!

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:14 am

Awesome!!! :o
Now this is the trailer I have been waiting for!!! :D
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Ajay » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:14 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:Who...who is that voicing Freeza?! Linda Young!?
I've only heard one line from him so far - 'Who...are you?' - and that was most definitely not Linda Young. Still sounds like Chris Ayres to me, so I don't think you have to worry. :thumbup:

That said though, who the heck was that for Cell?! It didn't sound like either Dameon Clarke nor Travis Willingham...huh. Also sounds like Stephanie Young for Mira and J. Micahel Tatum for Towa.
2:08 minutes in. There is no way that's Chris Ayres.

This dub sounds so bad. I'm so confused.

At least the game looks fantastic. I like this shot from the cutscenes too:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:17 am

It's Chris, I can tell.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Ajay » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:19 am

Man, I dunno. You're probably right, I haven't watched the dub in a while but it sounded so feminine and...wrong.

Oh well, time to go find the Japanese trailer.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8869
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:20 am

Yeah, I'm not hearing whatever you're hearing there, Ajay. That sounds like Ayres to me. Granted it does sound a little odd with the sound effects and the narration over it, but it still sounds like him to my ears. Also not really hearing anything bad by any means here. :/
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

User avatar
ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:20 am

Most. beautiful. trailer. ever..
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Ajay » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:21 am

Oh, thank god. Here's the Japanese trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y71CqaLGDDs

And there's Cha-La Head Cha-La in this one! Alongside a shit load of other footage not in the US one.
Last edited by Ajay on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 18942
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: 🏳️‍⚧️🍉

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:23 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Oh, thank god. Here's the Japanese trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y71CqaLGDDs

And there's Cha-La Head Cha-La in this one!
Thank you, I was just about to ask.

Ooh, Cell and other previous villains are in the cut scene, too!!
💙💜💖 She/Her 💙💜💖
6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 3–6, 6–3

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11378
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:24 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Also sounds like Stephanie Young for Mira and J. Micahel Tatum for Towa.
Towa is the girl, Mira is the guy... lol

Was hoping for more character confirmations, but this is still an amazing trailer and easily my favorite game to date (despite its flaws).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Michelle91
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 15820
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Michelle91 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:28 am

It most likely Chris as Freeza. They been using the Kai voice cast since 2010 and there's no reason to use the old voice actors back.
She/Her
Profile Pic: Girl Laharl from Disgaea

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Shinnin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:29 am

Cell sounds... off.

User avatar
InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1299
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:18 am
Location: Universe

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:31 am

Pretty cool trailer. Seems they put some good effort in creating a decent and original storymode once in a while. But we'll see.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:32 am

Shinnin wrote:Cell sounds... off.
Sounds like the same Travis Willingham to me.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Ajay » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:35 am

I think it's just that the dub hits my ears really strangely nowadays. I'm just not used to it so it all sounds really hammy and, well, plain bad at first.

I had the same reaction with the Battle of Gods debut dub trailer. I feel like the terrible mixing alongside my unfamiliarity just gives off a bad impression initially. I'm sure it'll be fine in the long run.

Anyway, I'll stop being a negative nancy over a language I won't even play the game in.

THIS GAME LOOKS SO HYPE! I could not be more excited.

This plus the announcement of J-Stars Victory VS+ getting a western release has totally made my day. :D
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15308
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:35 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote: At least the game looks fantastic. I like this shot from the cutscenes too:
*_* SO cute. Who drew that? He looks way better than some of the other 2D animation I've seen for XV.

Re: Trailer itself

I listened/watched the Japanese audio one.

I forgot how much I liked Towa and Mira as villains (and DBO in general). I'm really happy to see them again. I may need to learn how to use Steam and buy a controller to play this on my laptop (if my laptop can handle it). Still debating, but leaning towards getting this game.
On hiatus.

User avatar
kidtrunksssj
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:17 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by kidtrunksssj » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:37 am

Dragonball Xenoverse Jump Festa English Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOvivoL3t44
“Too much FANTASY loses REALITY, too much HOPE may seem somehow EMPTY.”
― Akira Toriyama

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Ajay » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:38 am

Chuquita wrote:
*_* SO cute. Who drew that? He looks way better than some of the other 2D animation I've seen for XV.
Yeah! I'm really curious too.

THE RETURN OF VARYING LINE THICKNESS!

Look at the neck...the line even fades.

*Swoon*

Super excited for this story mode. I do love me some animated cutscenes.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11378
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:40 am

Other than my usual schtick about possibly missing characters and how transformations are being handled, my biggest complaint about the games so far is the lack of any announcement about Jaco for the English version.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:43 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Other than my usual schtick about possibly missing characters and how transformations are being handled, my biggest complaint about the games so far is the lack of any announcement about Jaco for the English version.
My guess is JPN gets Jaco, everyone else gets SSJ4 Vegeta. Just makes the most sense to me.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Post Reply