"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:24 pm

FUCK! I wish I didn't have the urge to open that spoiler tab, though I have to say, I like "his" design. Now I hope the alternate path the game has will provide something drastically different. I'll be avouding spoilers for that!

I'm currently watching a XV1 walkthrough (starting from BoG) for a recap before I get my hands on XV2. Oh yeah!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:29 pm

EXBadguy wrote:FUCK! I wish I didn't have the urge to open that spoiler tab, though I have to say, I like "his" design. Now I hope the alternate path the game has will provide something drastically different. I'll be avouding spoilers for that!

I'm currently watching a XV1 walkthrough (starting from BoG) for a recap before I get my hands on XV2. Oh yeah!
The final is overall a really good part of the game. Only problem for me is the stage.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:32 pm

Kanassa wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:FUCK! I wish I didn't have the urge to open that spoiler tab, though I have to say, I like "his" design. Now I hope the alternate path the game has will provide something drastically different. I'll be avouding spoilers for that!

The final is overall a really good part of the game. Only problem for me is the stage.
Yeah, that battle should've been taken elsewhere.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:47 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

Yeah, that battle should've been taken elsewhere.
I hope you resist to look for more spoilers, because the battle leading up to this is quite the ''Ah... Shit...'' moment.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:maybe I shouldn't have watched some of the videos of the story...

I have some parts that I didn't watch, but most of the stuff was revealed in trailers so I pretty much spoiled the whole game for myself :/

and yes the person who was live-streaming didn't show post credits...I am assuming he doesn't know XV1 had post-credits. and if there is no post-credits I'm assuming Xenoverse 3 won't happen. (which I don't mind, I'd like Burst Limit 2/Raging Blast 3)
Why would no post credits mean there can't be a XV 3? The success of XV decides that.
There is a post-credits scene apperently, but the dude who live streamed it said he'll upload it...his videos got taken down off youtube.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:maybe I shouldn't have watched some of the videos of the story...

I have some parts that I didn't watch, but most of the stuff was revealed in trailers so I pretty much spoiled the whole game for myself :/

and yes the person who was live-streaming didn't show post credits...I am assuming he doesn't know XV1 had post-credits. and if there is no post-credits I'm assuming Xenoverse 3 won't happen. (which I don't mind, I'd like Burst Limit 2/Raging Blast 3)
Why would no post credits mean there can't be a XV 3? The success of XV decides that.
There is a post-credits scene apperently, but the dude who live streamed it said he'll upload it...his videos got taken down off youtube.
Bandai were a bit slow on taking that down... He got about ten hurs of stream time and around an hour after finishing. :D

Kanassa wrote:

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:52 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Nightmare Wheel wrote:Maybe if they make Xenoverse 4. I'd rather they not focus too much on the roster if it's going to make quality suffer. There's only so much you can do with Bamco keeping you on a leash.
This is why I fully advocate the idea that Bandai Namco needs to move towards having developers share assets. The Dragon Ball franchise has so many characters and settings at this point, and it's only continuing to grow. Starting from scratch each time will also only continue to serve as a huge setback in terms of content for each new game in any future series.

They don't have to use the same gameplay and can always tweak models, textures, etc. But just having that foundation would cut loads of wasted resources (time, money, etc).
The only problem is that the Xenoverse models aren't very good. Every character looks fat and stiff. I wouldn't mind if they used them for a new Dragon Ball Heores game or something. Hopefully the Switch will do something like that.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:00 pm

SaiyaSith wrote:The only problem is that the Xenoverse models aren't very good. Every character looks fat and stiff. I wouldn't mind if they used them for a new Dragon Ball Heores game or something. Hopefully the Switch will do something like that.
I just said they should share resources. I never mentioned they should start with Xenoverse's. I agree for the most part. Not very fond of them, at least for most characters (mainly the "humans", guys like Cell look fine to me). But still, they could work for a foundation for the next developers to start tweaking them.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Looking at the new episode of Dragon Ball Super, now I wish that Merged Zamas makes into the game within an DLC or update.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:28 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:Looking at the new episode of Dragon Ball Super, now I wish that Merged Zamas makes into the game within an DLC or update.
They have 4 DLCs to do it, and probably two of the will be based around the Universe 6 Tournament. DIMPS has plenty of time to increase the chance of the merged form making the cut

Kanassa wrote:

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Okay, why the fuck aren't 2rd/3rd Form Frieza, Android 19, Android 20, and Semi-Perfect Cell in?
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:Okay, why the fuck aren't 2rd/3rd Form Frieza, Android 19, Android 20, and Semi-Perfect Cell in?
Creative reasons in relation to the nature of the story mode for the game. That's my assumption.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Wait....so Xenoverse 2 does have some original story content then?

Zero-ELEC

Post by Zero-ELEC » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Bullza wrote:Wait....so Xenoverse 2 does have some original story content then?
Of course it does. Why wouldn't it?

The only person who said it wouldn't was you.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Zero-ELEC wrote:
Bullza wrote:Wait....so Xenoverse 2 does have some original story content then?
Of course it does. Why wouldn't it?

The only person who said it wouldn't was you.
It wasn't mentioned in the games list of trophies unlike last time. No new original characters had been shown unlike last time. There was little to nothing showing there was until this with the game a couple weeks from release whereas it was made very clear from the start with the last game.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:44 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: they should share resources.
I agree. Xenoverse did it with DBO, I'm pretty sure they share everything in Bandai. I really want them to share resources with Raging Blast though!

Anyone know if Super Mira is in the game? If not, then wtf? So badass:

Zero-ELEC

Post by Zero-ELEC » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:41 am

Bullza wrote:It wasn't mentioned in the games list of trophies unlike last time. No new original characters had been shown unlike last time. There was little to nothing showing there was until this with the game a couple weeks from release whereas it was made very clear from the start with the last game.
Eh, fair enough. I always figured there had to be more to the story than repeats since there's that egg/sphere thing in the opening cutscene and stuff.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:10 am

Game is available for pre-load on ps4! I managed to pre-order it in the nick of time left so i'll be playing as Black soon!.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:46 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Giant spoiler here!

[spoiler]Fianl Form Mira Image[/spoiler]
Here's another pic:
[spoiler]It's called Final Form Mira
Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Looks like Mira unlocked Super Saiyan 4 White.[/spoiler]
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:21 am

Sailor Haumea wrote:Okay, why the fuck aren't 2rd/3rd Form Frieza, Android 19, Android 20, and Semi-Perfect Cell in?
Because they really serve little to no other purpose than padding from my point of view. I personally dont see what they could contribute to the overall story. Like, what alterations or changes could be done to deviate from the actual history?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]