"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:The one that needs to go is 18, she NEEDS to go and become Anizara victim, the moment she goes IMO its the moment Freeza steps in to help Team U7.

Sorry for 18 fans that this arc will be the last time we see her fight, after this back to housewife role.
Honestly after this arc everyone but goku and vegeta are going back to fodder.
Is sit even confirmed that there will be another arc after this one ?
I don’t see why there shouldn’t be an arc after this one. At this point, we don’t even need confirmation to assume it will continue.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:59 pm

precita wrote:I don't think Toriyama really cared much for 17, he certainly had no problem letting him fade into obscurity after Cell absorbed him. If you stop to think about it, besides that 10 second cameo he made in the Buu arc when Goku was asking energy for the Spirit Bomb, Android 17 went a 20 year and nearly 200 episode gap without appearances.

After Cell absorbs him you never see 17 again for the rest of the Cell arc even after everyone is brought back to life. And that happened mid-way into the Cell arc so 17 didn't even have much screentime to begin with, wasn't he only around for less than 20 episodes? Then of course he's gone for the entire Buu arc. He doesn't appear in the Beerus movie or the 2008 special. He's gone for Return of F. He's gone for all the fillers and the Zamasu/Black arc. He's gone for most of the TOP arc until Goku meets him.

17 really was completed excluded from the series for the longest time.
So what's the point you're trying to make exactly ? cuz it doesn't sound relevant to the current situation. whatever the reason Toriyama forgot to include 17 in the past doesn't prove he doesn't care for him. he probably was just overwhelmed by arcs and characters ideas. 18 only became a supporting character cuz Krillin needed a girl. Toriyama basically admitted that. 17 is currently treated extremely well and Toriyama is giving him great attention. i guess he knew the potential 17 had as a character and fighter. it's never too late. also considering 17 is the most relevant non saiyan fighter power wise i doubt he will ever fade into obscurity ever again.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:13 pm

My posts don't always have to make a point, I just like making random observations of whatever is going on and posting a stream of thoughts on it.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: I don’t see why there shouldn’t be an arc after this one. At this point, we don’t even need confirmation to assume it will continue.
If we dont get an arc next year, then lets enjoy 8 months of filler(with animation worse than the ToP), until the movie comes out.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:52 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: I don’t see why there shouldn’t be an arc after this one. At this point, we don’t even need confirmation to assume it will continue.
If we dont get an arc next year, then lets enjoy 8 months of filler(with animation worse than the ToP), until the movie comes out.
8 months of filler along with a Universe 6 Planet Salad visit is fine.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:57 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
I'd be fine with fillers if a lot of them involve the characters from the other universes interacting with the main cast in various ways(Provided they get wished back of course). There is a lot of entertaining stuff they could do with that.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: Herms never said they were being controlled, the preview said that a they bowed their heads when there was a blinding light, as in they put their heads down to guard their eyes.
People just jumped to conclusions, AGAIN.
Didn't the spoiler word it as something along the lines of "Instead of shielding their eyes from the blinding light like the others, the Androids bow their heads..."?
No. "Instead of shielding their eyes from the blinding light like the others" was not there at all. they only mentioned them bowing their heads do to the sheer light.
Where is that from? I guess I missed this spoiler.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Didn't the spoiler word it as something along the lines of "Instead of shielding their eyes from the blinding light like the others, the Androids bow their heads..."?
No. "Instead of shielding their eyes from the blinding light like the others" was not there at all. they only mentioned them bowing their heads do to the sheer light.
Where is that from? I guess I missed this spoiler.
You might have missed them. You can go check a couple weeks ago for the spoilers

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:51 pm

Slaythe wrote:I don't understand that at all.

In the present, 17 was really close to what he is now.

The only thing that changed is his pride and cockiness, and it certainly isn't a big loss that he discarded this aspect of his personality.

Also, 17 simply wasn't given anybody worthy to fight so far. That's not his fault. There was no reason for him to struggle against Rosie or Damon, they are not strong characters.

He only fought a little bit.

Dyspo would give him a great fight and I hope this is where we're going. It would be kind of lame to be defeated by Anizara because that's just a giant with brute force. Super boring.

As for his fights, I don't get it, he's the only character that has shown new powers from the u7 team, and his fights have some strategical aspects to them since he doesn't rely on transformations.

He had to mimic Kakunsa to beat her fighting style and tricked her to be in aerial state, tricked Rosie into dropping her guard so that she would get hit by Brianne's attack, lured Damon in so he could see what he is then trapped him in his barrier...

That's about 78 millions times more interesting than " hey i'm gonna punch you 5 times and finish you off with mah full powa kamehameha" like a certain other character has been doing since the beginning.
I think I should add My 2 Cents into this cause of My Fandom for U2, My Girl Kakunsa/Sanka Ku and the whole of the Battle and Fighting between 17 and U2. :wink:

Honestly While I will always want to have seen U2 go farther, IMO the fights they had with the Androids were some of the Best in the arc, espically 17 vs. Kakunsa!

The whole of that fight did not come down to the same like always, I can punch really, really harder then you can. Both Fighters where on a Magnificent level of skill and speed, they where both seasoned fighters by what one could tell and I could watch both 17 and Kakunsa fight for 2 episodes and honestly not get tired of it! 8)

A Fight is sometimes only as good as how the fighters complement each other, how the dance of the fight flows and how the style of the fighting is flowing. I got allot of that with 17 vs. Kakunsa cause 17's fighting style is that he uses more skill then brute force, a trait that was needed to fight a speed and fury style fighter the likes of Kakunsa.

They Highlighted both each other's skills and styles greatly and while indeed one has to win and one has to sadly lose, I think the 17 vs. Kakunsa fight did a word of Good for Both Characters cause it showed that neither of them are pushovers, they where ones to watch for the future after this is all over.

I am now more curious to see where Super will go and if(I say When :wink: ) they bring back the Universes when the ToP over I like 17 to become more closer knowing with the Girls, espically Kakunsa since I think they both complement each other well in their fighting styles and personalities, they could work off each other well! :thumbup:

[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:58 pm

HeroR wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote: What about when Vegeta was about to get eliminated by Frost? Hell he had legit struggles with certain Fodder like BotaMagetta and the universe 9 ice guy. Plus his fight with Katopesla was way better thans 17's. As for 17, Damon lands one good attack on him, after that he's straight up fodderized.

All I said was I dont like how 17's opponents have all been fodder. I do think he does need to overpower opponents every now and then, but the fact that he's gotten so many fights, yet still hasn't gotten a good one. And I know, I've said this many times before, I believe Aniraza will give him a good fight.

Personall issues? What do you mean by that? It's not like 17 stole my girlfriend or anything. It's a fictional character. Do I have issues with the character? Yes, I outright stated I find him boring. What was the point of even saying that?
Do you have personal issues with people talking bad about Super?
But that wasn't him personally struggling so much as his own teammate more or less screwing him. And Vegeta 'struggled' with Super Saiyan. He has at least two transformations he could have used to stomped them. Hence fans accusing Super of 'fake tension'. And 'Katopesla was way better thans 17's', was that really a fight since Vegeta let Katopesla punch him to get UI while 17 just punched him away? 17 was also hit several times by Damon in the back.

What I mean about 'personal issues' is that you seemed to resent 17 for being so strong and not struggling when the same thing could be said about other characters. You claimed he sucks up scene time despite him disappearing for over a month and not fighting again for over two months. He only recently got focused and he shared his scene time with everyone remaining in U7. Even his dedicated episode was shared with Goku and to a lesser extent Vegeta. I mean not liking a character is one thing, but your entire post about him just reeks of resentment.

And what is up with you going with 'do you have personal issues with people talking bad about Super'?
I mean with stamina conservation being a thing, there is more "tension" when the sayains use lesser forms to fight opponent. But I'm not a fan of this either, but it's at least more enjoyable than 17's fights, because despite sandbagging Vegeta always looks like he's trying.

The fact that it was his teammate screwed him is meaningless. He got outsmarted by Frost, and that's why there was tension. They could have done this Damon, but Damon just landed one good hit on 17 and after that he tanked all of Damon's hits. If it had been 17 in the fight with Frost fight they would have just had him pummel Frost and knock him out.

Again, I said sucks up screentime as in these constant fodder stomps are a waste of time. When is he going to struggle? And I've said time and time again I'd be fine with 17 if he actually gets a good fight, so I really have no idea why you're sticking with the idea that I have a personal resentment towards the character. He's fictional, I don't care. I jist think he's boring. That's all.

As for the super thing, I'm just making the observation of you coming to the defense of Super everytime someone makes a complaint about it. I mean not saying you're not allowed to since, since you can post whatever you want here(to some extent).

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 pm

If I had to guess I don't think that 17 is going out in the next episode, most likely 18 will bite the dust. 119 NEP showed Vegeta falling out of the ring and when the episode aired he didn't. So I doubt that because 17 is shown falling it doesn't mean he's falling out of the ring because I doubt they would spoil an elimination in the NEP. Again 18 is most likely next on the chopping block, I mean she had her major fight with Ribrianne and has a total of five eliminations while 17 hasn't had a major battle yet. Also I don't want 17 to be taken out just yet I've really enjoyed him so far in this arc, and this is coming from someone who didn't care much for 17 before.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:53 pm

I don't see 17 going out yet honestly he's due for his big fight I feel like it can go like this
Dyspo Vs Gohan and/or 17
Toppo Vs goku round 2 or Freeza assuming he wants to fight or Gohan
Jiren Vs vegeta then later goku assuming goku is gonna rest to try to tap in to UI again and vegeta can stall for him

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:58 pm

pacz360 wrote:I don't see 17 going out yet honestly he's due for his big fight I feel like it can go like this
Dyspo Vs Gohan and/or 17
Jiren Vs vegeta then later goku assuming goku is gonna rest to try to tap in to UI again and vegeta can stall for him
I dont see vegeta stalling. For someone to stall, they need to be someahat on the same tier of strenght, ssb vegeta is literally hundreds, if not thousands of times weaker than jiren. Jiren could blink him out the stage if he wanted to.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:15 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
pacz360 wrote:I don't see 17 going out yet honestly he's due for his big fight I feel like it can go like this
Dyspo Vs Gohan and/or 17
I dont see vegeta stalling. For someone to stall, they need to be someahat on the same tier of strenght, ssb vegeta is literally hundreds, if not thousands of times weaker than jiren. Jiren could blink him out the stage if he wanted to.
You say that but that same gap and power could be used with Frost fighting Roshi Or Black hitting Mai. Yeah he was”holding back”, but the amount of restraint Frost would need to hold back from killing master Roshi is unbelievable. To the point where it’d be hard to fight him. Jiren could “blink” Goku off the stage as well and almost did, but he didn’t.

The point is, yeah Vegeta is realistically a long ways away from fighting Jiren and being competitive (unless he gets UI), but the writers are going to do what they want to do. So don’t expect them to be consistent with the rules they established. I fully expect them to make it similar to Gokus SSBKKx20 fight, even though we know the power gap between SSB Vegeta and SSBKK is large.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:25 am

TheOne wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Dyspo Vs Gohan and/or 17
You say that but that same gap and power could be used with Frost fighting Roshi Or Black hitting Mai. Yeah he was”holding back”, but the amount of restraint Frost would need to hold back from killing master Roshi is unbelievable. To the point where it’d be hard to fight him. Jiren could “blink” Goku off the stage as well and almost did, but he didn’t.

The point is, yeah Vegeta is realistically a long ways away from fighting Jiren and being competitive (unless he gets UI), but the writers are going to do what they want to do. So don’t expect them to be consistent with the rules they established. I fully expect them to make it similar to Gokus SSBKKx20 fight, even though we know the power gap between SSB Vegeta and SSBKK is large.
I dont expect them to do that. I think that they will make vegeta a joke next to jiren. In fact, i dont think he is doing this to stall. He had his pride hurt by toppo, and now he foolishly wants to challenge jiren. But thats my opinion. Just like you have yours

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:27 am

I want 17 to go out to Aniraza but at the same time I feel Toppp needs an elimination. Would be perfectly fine if he falls at Toppo's giant hands.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:28 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

I dont expect them to do that. I think that they will make vegeta a joke next to jiren. In fact, i dont think he is doing this to stall. He had his pride hurt by toppo, and now he foolishly wants to challenge jiren. But thats my opinion. Just like you have yours
Vegeta did just fine against Toppo. They both got some good hits in. With that being said, we don’t know how serious either one of them were.

I also recall someone saying that they wrote a really cool Vegeta episode a couple months ago. If this is the episode, I doubt they’ll show Vegeta being completely useless. Like you seem to imply.
How i predict the tournament will end:

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:48 am

18's time has come imo. She had her moment in 117, shes gotten several eliminations but i don't think she makes any sense past this point. She's already injured and is way outclassed by every remaining fighter

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 am

precita wrote:My posts don't always have to make a point, I just like making random observations of whatever is going on and posting a stream of thoughts on it.
I mean, you're kinda wrong. He originally shafted 17 because of editorial pressure.

The Buu saga took place over less than 2 days. There was no reason to include 17 there. (He can't even feel ki, and with DBSuper we know he wasn't part of Babidi's telephatic waves)

It's just that things stopped and the status quo became "the buu saga" for 15 years.

Toriyama had given a LOT of info regarding 17's backstory and what he was up to. That included him being able to get stronger through training thanks to his unique genetic makeup, him becoming a father and a park ranger. He also gave 18 and 17's real names.

No other side character has received such treatment.

On top of that, it was confirmed by the producer of Super, that Toriyama was the one to suggest bringing back 17 for this arc.

So clearly, Toriyama did care, it's just that he didn't have the opportunity to do anything with 17 until now, because all the arcs focused on Goku and his friends.

On top of that, since most writers had completely forgotten about 17, it was hard to ever include him in other stuff.

And while it's true he's not very social and shouldn't show up in every random filler episode, he will absolutely be back from time to time, and whenever they need strong people to face some terrible threat, I'm sure he'd be around.

I think Future Trunks, Gohan and 17 will be the characters that come back from time to time, rather than being front and center. They have all shown they can get stronger on their own so they can always be somewhat relevant. This is a good thing.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:11 am

TheOne wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
TheOne wrote:

Vegeta did just fine against Toppo. They both got some good hits in. With that being said, we don’t know how serious either one of them were.

I also recall someone saying that they wrote a really cool Vegeta episode a couple months ago. If this is the episode, I doubt they’ll show Vegeta being completely useless. Like you seem to imply.
Cool vegeta episode =\= vegeta wont be useless, it also doesnt mean he will be useless, its just my opinion.
Anyway, we dont even know if vegeta is even going to fight jiren. For all we know he may try to challenge him and toopo and dyspo interfeer.