Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 am

That picture of Vegeta and Trunks.... if I didn't know otherwise, I'd think it was official artwork.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:That picture of Vegeta and Trunks.... if I didn't know otherwise, I'd think it was official artwork.
Really? Pretty much everyone's faces on that cover look retarded.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:09 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:That picture of Vegeta and Trunks.... if I didn't know otherwise, I'd think it was official artwork.
Especially Goku's...

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:39 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Especially Goku's...
I'd say especially Tenshinhan. "Herp derp" all over that shit. It doesn't even look like him.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Not really a question to the current page, but did Salagir give a reason for why Vegeta wasn't SSJ 2 in the second Broly special?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:00 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Not really a question to the current page, but did Salagir give a reason for why Vegeta wasn't SSJ 2 in the second Broly special?
I don't think so. It's either a mistake or who wrote that special believes that Vegeta hadn't reached SSJ2 yet at that point (which means that Vegeta reached it while training for the tournament or with the Majin spell).

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:45 pm

Soooo instead of trying Gohan from this universe just gave up. That's just pathetic.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Goku: "Here, Cell, eat this senzu. This can't possibly come back to bite us in the ass."

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:51 pm

rereboy wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Not really a question to the current page, but did Salagir give a reason for why Vegeta wasn't SSJ 2 in the second Broly special?
I don't think so. It's either a mistake or who wrote that special believes that Vegeta hadn't reached SSJ2 yet at that point (which means that Vegeta reached it while training for the tournament or with the Majin spell).
Well seeing that it was made by both Albertocubatas and Salagir http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-253.html, I'd assume that Salagir would be focused on the storytelling, since he doesn't draw himself.

But thanks! Anyways I'm just surprised they didn't check one of the Daizenshuus(which confirms Vegeta having reached SSJ 2 before the Bobbidi spell, if it wasn't clear enough) before actually making the special. I mean they did afterall use Daiz 7's timeline to determine, when the second Broly special took place.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Hahahahahahaha

Ha

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Vegeta missed his cue.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 pm

I mean...I would've accepted Cell simply over-powering him...

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Wow!! For some reason i wouldnt put "giving up" past him.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:56 am

Makaioshin wrote:Vegeta missed his cue.
:lol:

I can accept this result. It's not unthinkable that during the beam struggle the thought crossed Gohan's mind whether or not he had any more power in him. It's obvious that in U18 the answer was "yes" while in U17 the answer was "no."

But I am a bit confused as to when this happened. Was this before Vegeta's intervention? Or maybe he really did miss his cue and losing out on that extra second of breathing room made all the difference for Gohan. Of course, the cover implies that Gohan at least made it to the point where Goku was spiritually supporting him yet here Goku isn't doing shit. So...

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:21 am

I think its "Vegeta never gives the distraction/waits too long and Gohan is forced to give up." Give the kid a break. I would have given up long before that at his age.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm not surprised. Completely in-character for Gohan, after we'd seen him not even try to fight back before he'd gone SSj2.

I'm interested to see what Cell does after destroying Earth.
TonyTheTiger wrote:Of course, the cover implies that Gohan at least made it to the point where Goku was spiritually supporting him yet here Goku isn't doing shit.
What are you talking about? Goku was spiritually supporting him throughout.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I'm not surprised. Completely in-character for Gohan, after we'd seen him not try to fight back before he'd even gone SSj2.
Yeah, Cell Games Gohan is a giant failure.
Piccolo Daimao wrote:I'm interested to see what Cell does after destroying Earth.
He'll have to fight Piccolo and Vegeta first.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:49 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:I'm interested to see what Cell does after destroying Earth.
Didn't Cell say he was going to destroy the Earth with that Kamehameha anyway?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Didn't Cell say he was going to destroy the Earth with that Kamehameha anyway?
Well yeah, but Gohan unleashed all his power and didn't destroy the Earth, so I'd think the same applies to Cell potentially winning.

Also having read DBM the novel, I know Cell didn't outright destroy the Earth immediately after having won the beam struggle.

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:13 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Also having read DBM the novel, I know Cell didn't outright destroy the Earth immediately after having won the beam struggle.
Wait, what..?