"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Well, I'm back. And I've played since friday. Amazing game, I love it. Good, there's always a few things that could need improvement, but it works for me so far.

The only really annoying thing so far is the advanced combos quest from Elder Kaioshin. My stupid controller doesn't accept that I'm PRESSING THE RIGHT BUTTONS! Square, Square, Triangle + Circle, Move + X, and then it doesn't react when I press Move + Square (Stamina Break). Or it DOES recognize it but the enemy already recovered and I miss him.

But anyway, I love it. So many new costumes, new moves and Cooler Final Form. Yes. I even got Final Kamehame-Ha on the first day via TP-Medals (but of course Future Super Saiyajin must be the very last transformation we get in the game AFTER the main story). Story is okay so far too (just beat the "stuff" out of Imperfect Cell).

Rift Spaces are cool too (Mister Satans quests are very easy, since I already had done 50 hit combos and didn't have to repeat it so I just had to talk to him again and of course I ditched Freezer the first chance I got and joined Cooler), just the Dragonradar Sound is awful. And I like the master system. You can always switch you assist master (and "Rank Voice" after quests) but can still train with the others. And they all have fixed places and aren't RNGing around.

Man, so many things to write about. I love this game.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:18 pm

Xaroc wrote: But anyway, I love it. So many new costumes, new moves and Cooler Final Form. Yes. I even got Final Kamehame-Ha on the first day via TP-Medals (but of course Future Super Saiyajin must be the very last transformation we get in the game AFTER the main story).
You get Future Super Saiyan from a mission you get after completing the story, you also need to complete all of the time rifts to get access to this mission as well.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Xaroc wrote: But anyway, I love it. So many new costumes, new moves and Cooler Final Form. Yes. I even got Final Kamehame-Ha on the first day via TP-Medals (but of course Future Super Saiyajin must be the very last transformation we get in the game AFTER the main story).
You get Future Super Saiyan from a mission you get after completing the story, you also need to complete all of the time rifts to get access to this mission as well.
That's even worse. I don't care about Super Saiyajin 3 and Super Vegeta 2 (I mean it's good they are available), I want Future SSJ because technically our CaC Saiyajin IS from the future and I'm into details (and SSJ3 takes so freaking long to charge Ki by causing/taking damage).
But thanks for telling me. :thumbup:

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:26 pm

Xaroc wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Wasn't that what I said? "After the main story? Just the rift thing is new. But thanks for telling me anyway. :thumbup:
I don't care about Super Saiyajin 3 and Super Vegeta 2 (I mean it's good they are available), I want Future SSJ because technically our CaC Saiyajin IS from the future and I'm into details (and SSJ3 takes so freaking long to charge Ki by causing/taking damage).

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:26 pm

Xaroc wrote:
Xaroc wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Wasn't that what I said? "After the main story"? Just the rift thing is new. But thanks for telling me anyway. :thumbup:
I don't care about Super Saiyajin 3 and Super Vegeta 2 (I mean it's good they are available), I want Future SSJ because technically our CaC Saiyajin IS from the future and I'm into details (and SSJ3 takes so freaking long to charge Ki by causing/taking damage).

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Can anyone tell me how good Potential Unleashed is?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:Can anyone tell me how good Potential Unleashed is?
I got it last night and I'm enjoying it. Need 500 ki (five bars) to use it compared to the 300 that SSJ requires but the stat boosts are overall larger than SSJ3 (which is a roughly 10% damage boost). You also charge ki faster with it and I think the ki you get back by hitting opponents is on par with SSJ1. Basically its one of the best if not the best transformation in the game.

The hard part is Z ranking all your Patroller rank advancement quests over at the academy and then beating the Super advancement quest to gain it (along with that fugly Time Patroller suit from Xeno 1).
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:57 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
I got it last night and I'm enjoying it. Need 500 ki (five bars) to use it compared to the 300 that SSJ requires but the stat boosts are overall larger than SSJ3 (which is a roughly 10% damage boost). You also charge ki faster with it and I think the ki you get back by hitting opponents is on par with SSJ1. Basically its one of the best if not the best transformation in the game.

The hard part is Z ranking all your Patroller rank advancement quests over at the academy and then beating the Super advancement quest to gain it (along with that fugly Time Patroller suit from Xeno 1).
Thanks for telling!
Kuro Tenshi

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:58 pm

Grimlock wrote:And do you happen to know if the clothes wished are good (regardless of stats)?
Just looked it up; apparently it's the Crystal Armor Battle Suit, AKA the pre-order bonus from the first game. Cool, because I didn't end up getting the Day One Edition for XV.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:01 pm

So I played a shit ton of this game last night and all I can say is, wow this game is great. 8.7 outta 10.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:03 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Slight correction here: SSJ3 gives 20% damage to Strike and basics and 10% to Ki. Ultimate gives 15% to all

BUt yeah, other then the warp effect in the basic Light attack and chargeable beams, Potential Unleashed is better then all levels of SSJ.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Is the DLC from 1 in this game ? Can I still get Yamucha's original outfit ? Or Popo's clothes ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:09 pm

I unlocked it yesterday and while it's great and all it just looks... so boring. SSJ3 really looks better on my character. Oh well.

A thing that has really become the norm in PvP I see is Potential Unleashed paired with Broly's Super Soul. Such a devastating combo.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Is the DLC from 1 in this game ? Can I still get Yamucha's original outfit ? Or Popo's clothes ?
Yamcha's DB outfit is in the TP shop which opens on weekends. Havent seen Popo's clothing yet but I imagine its in the game.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:21 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I unlocked it yesterday and while it's great and all it just looks... so boring.
Maybe you should add that as a request on the portal.

To be able to customise the look of Potential unleashed or transformations in general.
Kuro Tenshi

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:24 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Is the DLC from 1 in this game ? Can I still get Yamucha's original outfit ? Or Popo's clothes ?
Yamcha's DB outfit is in the TP shop which opens on weekends. Havent seen Popo's clothing yet but I imagine its in the game.
Alright. So all of the DLC from the last game is in this ?

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:30 pm

SPOILERS

So I know I already asked about the multi choice bits and you said it was just a case of picking which mission you do first,

But after Trunks alters future Gohan's fate in the secret post ending section of the game you get the choice of “change it back” or “don't change it”

That seems pretty massive.

I've got it on the pause screen now, so can someone please confirm asap thanks.

Edit: clarification and P's & q's
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:52 pm

I wonder if they will do GT again for the story mode since they skip out on it for the main story? We have Time Breaker Super Yi Xing Long and he is not in the story mode from what I've seen.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:57 pm

I was trying out Goku Black earlier and I found out that his Aura Slide attacks can vary if you press a different button before the final strike.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Maaaaan oh man, I'm having more fun with XV2 than I did with XV (and I thought XV was really fun too) :lol: . Too bad I wasn't able to transfer my data from XV, but oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯