Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Alright so I have heard from several people that they want to see Gogeta Blue defuse, and then Vegeta unlocks Ultra Instinct and defeats Broly. How would you guys feel if that were to happen?

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:41 pm

kudo6000 wrote:I really like how they're hyping up SSG when it's more than likely only going to be used to briefly test how strong Broly is before immediately jumping into SSB.
Maybe they take the approach that Broli's reactive power/Adapation is what makes him surpass SSG, could see either one happening to be honest

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:44 pm

PFM18 wrote:Alright so I have heard from several people that they want to see Gogeta Blue defuse, and then Vegeta unlocks Ultra Instinct and defeats Broly. How would you guys feel if that were to happen?
I wouldn't believe it for a second after what happened in Resurrection F. Whis keeps yapping on about Goku and Vegeta fighting together so I'd like to see some significant payoff for that if they're going to win.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:45 pm

PFM18 wrote:Alright so I have heard from several people that they want to see Gogeta Blue defuse, and then Vegeta unlocks Ultra Instinct and defeats Broly. How would you guys feel if that were to happen?
I think it would be a waste of both characters. If they're going to give us Gogeta I want to see him finish the fight and not be wasted like Vegetto was. If we're going to get UI Vegeta I want it to be against a Vegeta villain he gets all to himself, not someone Goku was already fighting with him. The best thing they can do is hold off on giving Vegeta UI until a potential Sadal arc where things can center around him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Vegeta being the one defeating the main enemy is impossible to happen , R.o.F was the best oportunity for him to revenge freeza and they passed.
I won’t like vegeta to have ultra instinct like that , in fact , I would like vegeta to improve in a different way and stop following goku steps ... something like that was hinted on the anime
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:49 pm

prince212 wrote:
TheOne wrote: Yeah at this point everyone expects Gogeta to be in the movie. I’d like to see him, but I’m curious if they’ll handle it like they did Veggeto. Not giving the final blow, but almost finishing the job. As a Vegeta fan, I would love for them to fuse and Vegeta pick up some of the “secrets” to learning UI. I don’t think it’s unreasonable since both of them would have literally became one. Maybe exchanging knowledge.
As a vegeta fan myself I disagree for him to improve using that path .
TheOne wrote:So when a guy posts a link to a guy on YouTube citing it as an official source, I get annoyed.
Agree
Vegeta doesn’t need to get EXACTLY what Goku gets, but he can get a variation of it and make it his own. Like he said he would. He just needs a blueprint
How i predict the tournament will end:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm really wondering how Broly will tie into those other Freeza Force characters.

They're explicitly called out for being weak characters in a game between really strong fighters.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:29 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I'm really wondering how Broly will tie into those other Freeza Force characters.

They're explicitly called out for being weak characters in a game between really strong fighters.
Calm him down or help collect the Dragonballs, since Shenron's VA was confirmed to appear and a Dragonball was shown falling into a chasm

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:35 pm

CTAkuma wrote:Calm him down or help collect the Dragonballs, since Shenron's VA was confirmed to appear and a Dragonball was shown falling into a chasm
Isn't Bulma searching for the Dragon Balls too?

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:Calm him down or help collect the Dragonballs, since Shenron's VA was confirmed to appear and a Dragonball was shown falling into a chasm
Isn't Bulma searching for the Dragon Balls too?
Yes, but for what reason is still unknown, possibly to restore the earth?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Maybe to restore something or to defeat Broly (like in movie 10).
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:44 pm

That would be really weird. First of all: Vegeta? I get wanting him to win against a maim villain once, I want that to happen too, but this is neither the time nor the place. Secondly, having both fusion and UI appearing in the same movie feels excessive, it'd be far better to only have one or the other.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:12 pm

sintzu wrote:
I think it would be a waste of both characters. If they're going to give us Gogeta I want to see him finish the fight and not be wasted like Vegetto was. If we're going to get UI Vegeta I want it to be against a Vegeta villain he gets all to himself, not someone Goku was already fighting with him. The best thing they can do is hold off on giving Vegeta UI until a potential Sadal arc where things can center around him.
By that logic isn't it a waste to have Goku unlock UI against Jiren, who he faught not only alongside Vegeta, but 17 and Freeza as well?
The Broly story and the history of the Saiyans is already more tied to him than whatever the Sadal arc could be and certainly more relevant to him than to Goku. If they keep Paragus' story of wanting revenge on the Vegeta family (which does seem likely) and change Broly hating Goku for crying to hating the Vegetas as well, how isn't it at least a good, if not great, time to get it?
He is the Prince of all Saiyans after all and Super has shown he still takes much pride in that, against Black, by training Cabba and by disliking Beerus quite a bit in the beginning for what he did to his father.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Wow, TOEI is setting the fandom up for that Troll. If the New Gogeta modes will be announced for the game only and not even about the movie. :lol:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:17 pm

TheOne wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
...the last thing you want to do is give a Youtuber views who is working hard to cover any information we get? Seriously? that's the last thing you want to do?
People these days just don’t wanna see people prosper. I've seen people want to see Geekdom fail just because he’s so knowledgeable in dragon ball and is so successful because of it. There are always some people who think they’re knowledgeable about their favorite series and then they find out that there are people like Geekdom who know way more and even correct or debunk stuff that you thought was right but is actually wrong. And then they see how he’s so successful and are deep-down, really jealous. Don’t know if thats the case here, but its certainly the case a lot of the time. Basically people hate knowing that there is someone who knows more about their favorite series than they do. And the fact that those people who know more also have connections which gets them inside info just annoys people even more.
It has nothing to do with not wanting to see people prosper. I could care less about how people make their money. If you can make a living off of being a youtuber, then make your paper man. That’s awesome. I’m just not going to have these guys seem like “official sources” just because they are active members on this board. I looked this guy up and yeah it seems like he’s got a good following, but I don’t really care much for speculation and people giving their opinions when I’m searching for official posts/news. So when a guy posts a link to a guy on YouTube citing it as an official source, I get annoyed. Surely that is not unreasonable.

Yeah at this point everyone expects Gogeta to be in the movie. I’d like to see him, but I’m curious if they’ll handle it like they did Veggeto. Not giving the final blow, but almost finishing the job. As a Vegeta fan, I would love for them to fuse and Vegeta pick up some of the “secrets” to learning UI. I don’t think it’s unreasonable since both of them would have literally became one. Maybe exchanging knowledge.
Well the ain’t speculation. Geekdom says in the video that his “source” confirmed it
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:24 pm

So that gogeta thing is real official or not ? :crazy:
I wanna believe there’s a no gogeta chance
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:16 pm

If fusion is in it, how's about making it worthwhile and having it beat someone. Seriously, why is this concept even exist if it has basically never done what it's there for except in Movie 12.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:20 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
If fusion is in it, how's about making it worthwhile and having it beat someone. Seriously, why is this concept even exist if it has basically never done what it's there for except in Movie 12.
Now that you mention it, that is the only time its used to defeat someone where it succeeds isn't it?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Do you guys think we might get a Yamoshi flashback in the movie? Maybe he fought an ancient Legendary saiyan who was an ancestor of Broly or something. I have to think that Toriyama mentioned him for a reason in that interview a few weeks before the movie news dropped

supersaiyandoctor
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyandoctor » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:45 pm

Coming to Australian Cinemas on the 24th of January

https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Movie/D ... per-Broly#