"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:22 pmTake this with a MASSIVE grain of salt.
You don't need to do that. You just need to read the replies. This is your annual "it's coming back this time for sure guys, please trust me!".
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:09 pm

There are historically trustworthy sources of information in the fandom and while I do not know who dbs20191 is I do know that the case of what happened in 2019 was reported on by trustworthy sources but the situation changed. Having a flippant attitude towards the possibilities of leaks in general is just silly.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:20 pm

You're right, this isn't my fight to pick, I don't care if Dragon Ball Super comes back or not. It's just a bit frustrating from an observer position to see, every year, the same old "leaks" saying it will return and people fall for it.

But what do I know, right? If you keep saying, every year, that something is gonna happen, then it's bound to happen eventually. :)

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:43 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:20 pm You're right, this isn't my fight to pick, I don't care if Dragon Ball Super comes back or not. It's just a bit frustrating from an observer position to see, every year, the same old "leaks" saying it will return and people fall for it.

But what do I know, right? If you keep saying, every year, that something is gonna happen, then it's bound to happen eventually. :)
Well, there you go, you're paying attention when you shouldn't be. Aside from the business in 2019 I've heard absolutely nothing else on that front because I only pay attention to people I know and, furthermore, simply spend my time doing other things.

Also, I just don't remember anything prior to mid-2020 thanks to PTSD and HRT completely changing my brain. :D
She/Her

sigmasigma
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sigmasigma » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:14 am

DBSChronicles also said the next Dragon Ball Weekly Anime is currently slated to be announced in late November/early December 2022.
https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 1241389056

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:43 am

I’ve been let down so many times before. I’ll believe it when I see it.

StevenPiccolo

Post by StevenPiccolo » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:48 am

The DBSChronicles tweet implies that the announcement info comes from the guy who originally posted it (dbs20191) yet seems to have extreme confidence in the replies that this leak is "Not gonna be wrong this time". Wonder where this assurance comes from. In any case, I hope they will adapt the Moro arc one day, but leave Granolah untouched.
S.W.A.G. = Something We sAiyans Got

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:50 pm

I'm afraid this will go down like that Peter and the Wolf story. When the anime returns, we'll all be just yeah, of course, sure, and handdrawn by Shintani, yeah, no more sexual assault gags either right?, with a Patrick Bateman's condescent smile on our faces while the show is actually airing with literally 0 out of 7 billion people watching it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:01 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:50 pm I'm afraid this will go down like that Peter and the Wolf story. When the anime returns, we'll all be just yeah, of course, sure, and handdrawn by Shintani, yeah, no more sexual assault gags either right?, with a Patrick Bateman's condescent smile on our faces while the show is actually airing with literally 0 out of 7 billion people watching it.

This post makes no sense.
She/Her

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:16 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:50 pm I'm afraid this will go down like that Peter and the Wolf story. When the anime returns, we'll all be just yeah, of course, sure, and handdrawn by Shintani, yeah, no more sexual assault gags either right?, with a Patrick Bateman's condescent smile on our faces while the show is actually airing with literally 0 out of 7 billion people watching it.

:lol: :lol: Alright, time for bed Baby Champa, you've had too many blue smarties.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:26 am

Guys, please don't make this thread locked...

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:16 pm

sangofe wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:26 am Guys, please don't make this thread locked...
:wtf: Why would that jokey exchange, of all the things that have been said on this forum, cause the entire thread to be locked?

Anyway, at this point I'm conditioned to be skeptical about the anime's return, but who knows, maybe this will be the one. If it happens, I'll be curious to see what direction they take. There's no logical reason why they shouldn't adapt Toyotaro's manga arcs, but there's always a part of me expecting them to go in a totally different direction, seeing as the 2015-2017 anime and ongoing manga already diverged so heavily.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:52 pm

I mean...why has anyone thought that the anime would return before now, excluding the project that clearly fell through in 2019? Toei Animation hasn't got any staff on hand so it's been pretty clear to me that it wasn't coming back for the past three years.

We know from Sogo Masashi's blog that all of the scripts for Digimon: Ghost Game have been completed and clearly the series isn't ending in October or December, so my guess is that Digimon: Ghost Game will end at the end of March and the earliest the next Dragon Ball series could take back the 9AM slot is 02 April 2023. With Dragon Quest: Dai no Dai-Bouken (2020) ending 22 October 2022 I'm not sure I'd feel great about only five months pre-production for the next series, though, so I am a bit concerned in that regard.
She/Her

MuscleRobo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MuscleRobo » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:17 pm

Why are we so sure there was a project that fell through in 2019? Was there anything besides influencers going "Dude, trust me."

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:20 pm

MuscleRobo wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:17 pm Why are we so sure there was a project that fell through in 2019? Was there anything besides influencers going "Dude, trust me."
Two of those sources are historically correct (Ajay and Geekdom), so yeah, I'm pretty sure things did in fact just change.
She/Her

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:42 pm

Even when it comes to the people we "know", we shouldn't just blindly believe them. The latter has been wrong before. Sure, in this particular case it is not about "leak" or having "privileged information", but he still makes mistakes (which it wouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't for his behavior). So who knows if he was really right at that time or not.
Last edited by Grimlock on Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:47 pm

Can we not even bring up those YouTubers and avoid making this into a YouTube comments argument?

Right now we only have some speculation to go off of, right?
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:14 pm

Cool. The anime will have Broly, Galactic Patrol and Granolah Survivor arcs to animate.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:30 pm

Miracles wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:14 pm Cool. The anime will have Broly, Galactic Patrol and Granolah Survivor arcs to animate.
Super Hero should also be animated.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:38 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:30 pm
Miracles wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:14 pm Cool. The anime will have Broly, Galactic Patrol and Granolah Survivor arcs to animate.
Super Hero should also be animated.
That is right. I forgot.