"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:07 pm

I heard that too but I'm being skeptical about it since I don't know if it'll be available for PC/Steam. Also, I don't want to freak out for nothing.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Hmm free DLC could be realistically possible since they said they were going to be doing a lot of updates here and there and want people to play the game for a few years. Cabba and Frist being part of this DLC though is that confirmed or is this desperate stuff? Personally I hope it's desperate stuff that way in the end we get more content.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Just beat Expert Mission 15. Fuck Destructo Disk. Death Beam is sooooooo much better for it. Also there's only 17 Expert Missions? Do I have to catch the raids to get 30 done for that namek guy?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:02 pm

I know vgchartz isn't that reliable, but take a look at this. Holy shit, that's YUGE!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:12 pm

EXBadguy wrote:I know vgchartz isn't that reliable, but take a look at this. Holy shit, that's YUGE!
Even Xenoverse 2 did better than Titanfall 2. :wink:

But yeah, I don't believe these numbers for a moment, but considering that Xenonverse 2 managed to ship the same amount of copies as the first game did in far less time, those numbers could be somewhat decent projection of what Xenoverse 2 pulled off in the first week of sales.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:I know vgchartz isn't that reliable, but take a look at this. Holy shit, that's YUGE!
Even Xenoverse 2 did better than Titanfall 2. :wink:

But yeah, I don't believe these numbers for a moment, but considering that Xenonverse 2 managed to ship the same amount of copies as the first game did in far less time, those numbers could be somewhat decent projection of what Xenoverse 2 pulled off in the first week of sales.
What is funny tough, is PC Master race proclaiming to be superior in Youtube comments (Well, hardware speaking, PC is superior) but if you look at the numbers anywhere, games would be dead without consoles.
Looks like 6 out of 8 players are torrenting. No honour.

But we can't track Steam sales! That's a huge mystery about game selling numbers, as digital sales on PC are not officially published.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:45 pm

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Well, not like the image I posted was false that needed a confirmation.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Grimlock wrote:Well, not like the image I posted was false that needed a confirmation.
Was there a translation provided? No one in the thread really knew what was going on besides one post.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:11 pm

Well looks like that the racial boosts for Earthling and Saiyans got nerfed. Earthling gets only a 5% boost from having max ki and their auto-regen seems to be slower while Saiyans only get a 7% from low health and revival, though these can still stack together to get 14%.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:24 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Well looks like that the racial boosts for Earthling and Saiyans got nerfed. Earthling gets only a 5% boost from having max ki and their auto-regen seems to be slower while Saiyans only get a 7% from low health and revival, though these can still stack together to get 14%.
The saiyan boosts were already bad to begin with, so now they're even worse in PVP now :lol:

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:31 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Well looks like that the racial boosts for Earthling and Saiyans got nerfed. Earthling gets only a 5% boost from having max ki and their auto-regen seems to be slower while Saiyans only get a 7% from low health and revival, though these can still stack together to get 14%.
The saiyan boosts were already bad to begin with, so now they're even worse in PVP now :lol:
Meh...they have enough to make up for it. Female Saiyans have the strongest Strike/Ki Supers and a pretty good combo system. Don't know about male Saiyans aside the obvious highest Basic stat. They're also blessed with SSJ3, which has massive stat boosts and its near-gone ki regen isn't much an issue when you learn to Just-Guard. To suffice...

+20% physical / +10% Ki damge
+15% physical / + 10% ki damage reduction
+25% stamina regeneration
95% reduction on ki generation per hit.
Reduction on standing stamina regeneration.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:44 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Meh...they have enough to make up for it. Female Saiyans have the strongest Strike/Ki Supers and a pretty good combo system. Don't know about male Saiyans aside the obvious highest Basic stat. They're also blessed with SSJ3, which has massive stat boosts and its near-gone ki regen isn't much an issue when you learn to Just-Guard. To suffice...

By the time health gets low, usually I find you're pretty much done for. SSJ3 I'm not a fan of as it has too much of a requirement to get damage up. Though Super/Potential I think works better.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:48 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:

By the time health gets low, usually I find you're pretty much done for. SSJ3 I'm not a fan of as it has too much of a requirement to get damage up. Though Super/Potential I think works better.
Potential has the same requirement as SSJ3, which is 5 ki bars. Unlock has its perks though since it's what you would call a "balanced" transformation.

+15% damage, +15% speed, +5% damage reduction, +30% ki generation on hit

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:02 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote: Meh...they have enough to make up for it. Female Saiyans have the strongest Strike/Ki Supers and a pretty good combo system. Don't know about male Saiyans aside the obvious highest Basic stat. They're also blessed with SSJ3, which has massive stat boosts and its near-gone ki regen isn't much an issue when you learn to Just-Guard. To suffice...

Potential has the same requirement as SSJ3, which is 5 ki bars. Unlock has its perks though since it's what you would call a "balanced" transformation.

+15% damage, +15% speed, +5% damage reduction, +30% ki generation on hit
Potential I think is best since it has great boosts, and no real draw back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:16 am

Where do you get those numbers/percentages? I'd like to test the transformations myself.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:21 am

Grimlock wrote:Where do you get those numbers/percentages? I'd like to test the transformations myself.
There's a steam guide posted earlier, and also online vids have some visual testing.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:22 am

Dimps, when you get to the Black Arc. You better make Sky Zamasu a boss fight or a stage!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:45 pm

Have Dragonballs got rarer?

Also how many of the wishes can you only use a finite amount of times?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:04 pm

I know that Mr. Satan is supposed to be a gag-charactere, but does he really have to die after just like 10 punches in this game?

:think: by that logic Monaka definitely could join the roster aswell..