3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Trunks SP and Finale

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
User avatar
ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: United States

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Bardock SP. now

Post by ThunderPX » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:16 pm

I was skimming through the clips for a bit earlier and thinking "Huh, this is actually sort-of halfway decent" and then I was hit by the triple threat of "space warriors", "KAMAYAMAYA" and a Vegeta whose voice never broke.
I'm Rosie (she/her 🏳️‍⚧️). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!

User avatar
Castor Troy
I Live Here
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Bardock SP. now

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:46 pm

ThunderPX wrote:I was skimming through the clips for a bit earlier and thinking "Huh, this is actually sort-of halfway decent" and then I was hit by the triple threat of "space warriors", "KAMAYAMAYA" and a Vegeta whose voice never broke.
Also Bardock's laughing when Freeza destroys the entire Saiyan planet and race. :lol: :roll:

User avatar
BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here
Posts: 2103
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Bardock SP. now

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:53 am

ThunderPX wrote:I was skimming through the clips for a bit earlier and thinking "Huh, this is actually sort-of halfway decent" and then I was hit by the triple threat of "space warriors", "KAMAYAMAYA" and a Vegeta whose voice never broke.
Seconded.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

User avatar
Ringworm128
Banned
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 am

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Bardock SP. now

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:53 am

Bardok's "stop laughing" line reminds me of Cell's line to Vegeta after hes hit by the Final Flash. And Nappa's voice and pose when he say "oh whatever you want sir" priceless! I thought Freeza's voice was pretty cool though it would have been better for Ginyu or at least 2nd form Freeza. Dodoria sounds like he was voiced by Pat Buttram. I loved the voice acting for "I'm fine" and "this isn't real". "Alright now I understand, they've all gone crazy and that means their dangerous". Whats funny is that Bardok sounds like hes going insane himself when he says that. I love how Bardok sounds drunk when he says "I will change the future! I will not let it happen!"

SuperForteX
Banned
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:35 am

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Bardock SP. now

Post by SuperForteX » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 am

What in the world is this? hahah! I've never heard this dub before. What IS this? This is so awesome!!

My favorite part is the Dodoria henchmen fighting Bardock.

"I never knew there could be anyone as powerful as this guy."

Just the delivery... how could any voice actor sound so akward, I cannot stop laughing.

User avatar
Castor Troy
I Live Here
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Trunks SP and Fi

Post by Castor Troy » Mon May 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Well everyone, The Best of Big Green finally comes to an end with the Trunks Special and the Finale.

I gotta admit the Trunks Special wasn't funny enough to warrant a full remix video, but I hope the Finale video will be a fitting close to the series.

If anyone has the Big Green dubs of the original DB Movies, the GT Special, and DBZ Movies 10-13, let me know and there may be a slight chance I may revive The Best of Big Green series. But in all honesty, I'd rather move on to bigger and better projects.

The surprise I have for the 3G Kai one year anniversary will totally blow this out of the water and I hope you all enjoyed The Best of Big Green series as much as I had editing it.

Farewell! :)

User avatar
Chuquita
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 15307
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Trunks SP and Fi

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 30, 2011 10:08 pm

I liked that finale video; very fitting. :3
On hiatus.

User avatar
Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Trunks SP and Fi

Post by Ahiru77 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:27 pm

The narrator can't take too many character deaths it seems. And 17 reminded me of Deadpool. :lol:

I can't believe they didn't do anything worse to the 2nd TV special. Especially with the rain scene or with Bulma. Can't blame them though, the History of Trunks aint no joke.


The finale video was really neat. :mrgreen:

User avatar
BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here
Posts: 2103
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Trunks SP and Fi

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:31 am

Okay, since when did the Big Green dub actually have some decent voice acting? Piccolo, Bojack, Broly? I suppose anyone can get better with the right characters and time (Hey, look at Funi).

Asian Tien is amazah.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Codarik
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 am
Location: Snake Way

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Trunks SP and Fi

Post by Codarik » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:41 pm

There has probably been a thread or two in the past about this but where can I buy the Big Green dub on DVD? I like it that much.

User avatar
Castor Troy
I Live Here
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Trunks SP and Fi

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Codarik wrote:There has probably been a thread or two in the past about this but where can I buy the Big Green dub on DVD? I like it that much.
I'm trying to work on a buyer's guide, but I can't find the majority of the movies on sale.

User avatar
songohan619
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 1457
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:17 am
Location: Askøy, Norway

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Trunks SP and Fi

Post by songohan619 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:02 pm

What song did you use for the finale?
Also, "GO AWAY, you discusting": EPIC!!
What movie is that from?
Also known as "GeniDude" and "NerdyNorwegian"!

User avatar
Castor Troy
I Live Here
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: 3G Kai - The Best of Big Green Thread - Trunks SP and Fi

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:53 pm

songohan619 wrote:What song did you use for the finale?
Also, "GO AWAY, you discusting": EPIC!!
What movie is that from?
The Trunks Special had an instrumental Aoi Kaze no Hope for the credits.

The "Go away, you're disgusting!" line is from Movie 8.

Post Reply