Just read EX's update about no Live-Action Movie!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:33 pm

There, there Zacko. It'll be okay. 8) Just go and watch 3 hours of DB and 3 hours of DBZ, then, watch all of Evangelion, including the movies and I garauntee you won't be thinking about GT's confusing elements anymore! :D
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:43 pm

I have no idea why I did that.

But, thinking about it, didn't someone (VegEX?) mention that they use Roman Numerals in Japan when writing out the stages? Or possibly on the subtitles of the Dragonboxes?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:53 pm

Jerseymilk: I wish I had that stuff. I think I'll just get confused by the fifteenth episode of Nadesico again. Naze Nani Nadesico!!!

PsyLiam: I have no idea, but keep this up! It's way better than having to read another plothole...

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:27 am

The again Zacko, maybe the Roman numerals thing is a plothole in and of itself? :?

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:48 am

I can go SSJXXXVIII plus ten! :P
-Laserkid

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:00 pm

Oh wow! That's like, soooo coooool! :shock: :P

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:00 am

After reading all of that...

GT sucks... I think it has been well established.

If they do do a DBZ movie they should get the special effects team from the Matrix to do it. (ex. Burly Brawl and Super Burly Brawl)

and finally GT has lots of plot holes.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:32 am

yes, yes it does.
-Laserkid

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:54 pm

;_; No one's still explained the tanuki... My whiny fanboys cries shall be heard! *raises Gatorade bottle triumphantly*

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:59 pm

Okay what tanuki are you talking about B-kun? :?

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:02 pm

*suddenly realises he's made himself look like an idiot -- then realises this is nothing new* Eh, in the Bebi saga, there're these green tanuki-thingies living on Kaioushin-kai.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:03 am

They were there because Goku transported him there from...Um, this game show place that was in another dimension. Kaioshin dropped Goku there when he tried to rescue him because Bebi was about to kill him. The tanuki was diguised as Sugoro the gangster (or something like that) and said if Goku beat him in the game, he'd let him go. But the only reason the guy was beating Goku so bad was because he was cheating. His son was disguised as the dice. Did you understand me ok? My friends are always confused by me... O__o
Last edited by Mochi on Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:09 am

Mochi wrote:They were there because Goku transported there from...Um, this game show place that was in another dimension. Kaioshin dropped Goku there when he tried to rescue him because Bebi was about to kill him. The tanuki was diguised as Sugoro the gangster (or something like that) and said if Goku beat him in the game, he'd let him go. But the only reason the guy was beating Goku so bad was because he was cheating. His son was disguised as the dice. Did you understand me ok?
Yeah, I understand. ^^ Thanks a lot.

Mochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mochi » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:12 am

You're welcome. ^-^ Wow! I accually helped someone with a question! *tears of joy*
Yes... I am... but you don't know that...

Nekoni
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nekoni » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:56 am

I am under the opinion that there WILL be a dragonballZ movie... and I'M the skeptical kind. I didn't believe all the stuff about 3 movies, weird plots, bulma being a fighter, wolverine's actor playing vegeta and all that...

-but I do believe when the official dbz website has a page on it.

Of course, if it doesn't occour, even though I feel it will (FOX are currently into comic movies and such- may be hard to notice, but it's the up to date movie fad) then it would prove even the highest officials can be fooled...

But as soon as an article comes out on yahoo, well, I'd be 100 percent sure!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the rumours did not start without a reason. -and I'm also sure that the 'all the need is seven' poster that's been around at least five years did not suddenly shoot up in fame- neither the 'dragonball' live action movie that I saw for sale at market and did nots buy - but took a photo of (haha)

Something has to start rumours up-

for instance, DBAF- that ssj5 card thingy, the pose was copied excactly from SSJ4 Goku, first scene of battle with the Sun Shenron.

I'm hoping that the rumours are started FROM and actual movie. *grins* FOX are my favourite production studio, and if they're doin' dbz, it'll be GOOD.
http://nekoni.deviantart.com Your friendly neighbourhood artist.

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:46 pm

Who cares what other people think about DBZ?! Shouldint the only thing that matter is that WE like it?!

I'm not sure if I'm glad they didint make it..like, i would of went to see it either way but i was really hoping that maybe they would make it animated...everyone i know thought Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee would be in it (lol)

But look at that damn Street Fighte live action movie they did! That was a discrace to Street Fighter! I love Street Fighter and yet they make that..that..that THING!

So i guess we would all really be pissed at a DBZ movie...they should of really concidered making a movie in animation. HA! Picture the hair!

Ya know what i always thought deserved a movie (non-live action)? ZELDA! THAT WOULD BE SO COOL! Just make sure Link doesent talk! Ah, the strong silent type!
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

tlsmith1963

Post by tlsmith1963 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:07 pm

Zackarotto wrote:What are their names? I'll burn them. :twisted:

But seriously, even if they do a great job, it's still not going to help raise the popularity of DBZ for all of those DBZ haters. I hate them so...
I used to think DBZ was pretty ridiculous, but then I started reading the manga. I think Funimation just made it ridiculous. I think I would like to watch DBZ subbed, just to see what it is like.

As for a DBZ movie, I wouldn't mind, as long as they did it right.

Tammy

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:44 pm

Nekoni wrote:
FOX are my favourite production studio, and if they're doin' dbz, it'll be GOOD.
Surely you're being sarcastic, right? :?
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:19 pm

SpiritBomb wrote:Who cares what other people think about DBZ?! Shouldint the only thing that matter is that WE like it?!
If only I wouldn't reach for my kusari-gama the instant somebody badmouthed the greatest anime of all time... that's seriously, completely true, although hard to follow at times. Life is like that.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:57 pm

Look on the bright side Zacko, if the badmouther happens to be an annoying fangirl or fanboy, you have license to cut them down then! :D
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."