Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: SSJ God Goku vs Superman Death Battle teased?

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:07 pm

The screwattack video mentions him surviving multiple supernovas which each have 10 octillion megatons of force. I'd imagine a blast that could destroy an entire solar system would be far more powerful. Does he have durability feats for that?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Last time I checked a supernova destroys a solar system...

But if you want to get into the really wanky shit you have that Source Wall and Mageddon stuff.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Technically it does put an end to the solar system and when our sun goes supernova it'll expand and wipe out the planets up to Earth while the others will continue to exist but will die slowly. Beerus creating an energy attack that can wipe out the entire solar system, star and planets included in the blink of an eye is an entirely different level of power.

It's like comparing how Frieza destroyed Namek to how Buu destroyed Earth.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:49 pm

You know our sun is too small to go supernova, right? It can only happen to much more massive stars. The energy of a supernova is at minimum around 1000 times more than the sun exploding.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:32 pm

No I didn't know that. Looking at the video they said a Supernova was the equivalent of 10 octillion megatons. To destroy Earth you'd need 53 quadtrillion megatons.

I can't find any information on how many megatons it would take to destroy the sun or the solar system however and that'd be interesting to know. Someone on here in a thread about Cell solar system busting mentioned that 165 septillion megatons is needed to destroy the sun but more would be required for it to be a fast explosion.

Again going by screwattacks stats for Goku he has a durability of almost 3.5 sextillion as a SSJ3. For simplicities sake if you said Vegito was as strong as SSJ3 Goku (he's generally considered to be much stronger) then as a SSJ3 his durability would be 1.4 septillion megatons and SSJGod Goku is supposed to be stronger yet but in chapter 2 of Resurrection F Beerus fires a little blast at Goku which destroys the sun and he says had it him him it would have killed him.

So I'd say the characters at the very least have a destruction capacity in the septillions whether they reach the octillions depends on how much it'd take to destroy the solar system.

I know in the Dragon Ball Online timeline Goku and Vegeta leave Earth to have one last fight then years later a supernova was detected and their fight was believed to be a part of it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:44 pm

Bullza wrote:No I didn't know that. Looking at the video they said a Supernova was the equivalent of 10 octillion megatons. To destroy Earth you'd need 53 quadtrillion megatons.

I can't find any information on how many megatons it would take to destroy the sun or the solar system however and that'd be interesting to know. Someone on here in a thread about Cell solar system busting mentioned that 165 septillion megatons is needed to destroy the sun but more would be required for it to be a fast explosion.

Again going by screwattacks stats for Goku he has a durability of almost 3.5 sextillion as a SSJ3. For simplicities sake if you said Vegito was as strong as SSJ3 Goku (he's generally considered to be much stronger) then as a SSJ3 his durability would be 1.4 septillion megatons and SSJGod Goku is supposed to be stronger yet but in chapter 2 of Resurrection F Beerus fires a little blast at Goku which destroys the sun and he says had it him him it would have killed him.

So I'd say the characters at the very least have a destruction capacity in the septillions whether they reach the octillions depends on how much it'd take to destroy the solar system.

I know in the Dragon Ball Online timeline Goku and Vegeta leave Earth to have one last fight then years later a supernova was detected and their fight was believed to be a part of it.
It really depends on what kind of destruction you are talking about. I know some of the scientific formulas for these things but I am not an expert or anything. Also you shouldn't really buy into what ScrewAttack says, as their research is almost always terrible.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:21 am

The figures for the amount of megatons needed to destroy the Earth and what a Supernova is equivalent to I found on other websites that predate their video. They probably got those figures from those sites.

How accurate Goku's durability is though, I have no idea.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:05 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also stated one of Superman's feats was CONTAINING AND DESTROYING A BLACK HOLE WITH HIS HAND? They even showed the comic panel of him doing it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:29 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also stated one of Superman's feats was CONTAINING AND DESTROYING A BLACK HOLE WITH HIS HAND? They even showed the comic panel of him doing it.
Yes they did, they also showed a bunch of his other feets like splitting a planet in half just by flying through it, blowing a planet up with the infinite mass punch and surviving being smashed between two planets.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:42 pm

Meh, it really boils down to whether you want to base it on statements or whatever. Or know the size of the planets in question. I don't really like to get into all of that overcomplicated analysis.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also stated one of Superman's feats was CONTAINING AND DESTROYING A BLACK HOLE WITH HIS HAND? They even showed the comic panel of him doing it.
Yes they did, they also showed a bunch of his other feets like splitting a planet in half just by flying through it, blowing a planet up with the infinite mass punch and surviving being smashed between two planets.
Honestly, the Black Hole deal still tops those feats considering he's dealing with an object with the strongest gravitational force in existence to the point it can even distort time (true fact by the way with the distorted time deal).

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:16 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Honestly, the Black Hole deal still tops those feats considering he's dealing with an object with the strongest gravitational force in existence to the point it can even distort time (true fact by the way with the distorted time deal).
Meh, he's done crazier stuff, but then you get into the arguments I talked about earlier.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:03 pm

I don't mean to bump an old topic but there was something I wanted to point out.

The Goku vs Superman Death Battle was the 25th episode and the finale of their Season 1.

The Solid Snake vs Sam Fisher episode that aired the other day was the 48th episode with the next one being Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom I think.

You'd expect that the 50th episode would be a big one as it's a landmark episode. Supposedly and I didn't see this but SSJ God Goku was shown in the background of the recent episode.

Not saying that it means anything at all but if any episode were going to be a rematch then the upcoming 50th episode would seem like a big opportunity.

Though seeing as Dragon Ball Super is on the way and Goku could very well get stronger still and get newer forms and new techniques and what not in the show then it would be best if it wasn't done yet.

I definitely do think they'll do a rematch one day though for sure.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:13 am

Never again, just let it die already. Unless that Dragon Ball Heroes feat suddenly counts, there's hardly anything to really add. No new feats, just power and speculation. Though knowing them they'll either do it anyways, or mock the backlash even though they don't like it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:36 am

Doesn't even have to be about that. On their side they'd get a ton of views and on ours hopefully another entertaining and well made fight scene.

Goku is never going to be as strong as Superman regardless so the result will never change but that doesn't stop them from making a good video out of it that a lot of people have been requesting ever since Battle of Gods came out.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Bullza wrote: The Solid Snake vs Sam Fisher episode that aired the other day was the 48th episode with the next one being Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom I think.
Neat, I love both these characters.

Still a massive curbstomp, though. Vader's got nothing on Doom.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Bullza wrote:Goku is never going to be as strong as Superman regardless so the result will never change but that doesn't stop them from making a good video out of it that a lot of people have been requesting ever since Battle of Gods came out.
Meh, there are tons of versions of Superman that most versions of Goku could beat.

There are also tons of versions he couldn't beat. That's the problem when you have so many different variations of a character.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:27 pm

I don't see us getting a rematch since it will be pointless. If Goku wins then you will still have the same level of butthurt from the DC and Superman fanboys.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:35 pm

Frankly if they are going to be using Godku, I'd rather see him face someone else with a god form. Still waiting for that match with Seiya in his Pegasus God Cloth:

But yeah, if this Godku vs Superman fight does happen, I wonder what Superman they will use. The same one as last time? A stronger variant?

I remember in the Justice Society of America during the time where the Superman from Earth-22 (based on Kingdom Come) was in the book, he and normal Superman fought Hercules. With one punch, Hercules was able to bloody Superman's nose. A punch straight to Kingdom Come Superman's jaw? Not the slightest flinch.

RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:54 pm

I think if they were to do a rematch they should stick with the same version of Superman they used last time, the main version of the character.

Plus it could act as a sequel to the other video and this time around Goku would already know that Superman gets his powers from the sun and Superman would know about the senzu beans and the power pole etc.

That would also make the fight different and more interesting.