After this interview, would you like other studio for Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: After this interview, would you like other studio for Su

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:59 am

Lookerman wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I would take Tatsunoko for Dragon Ball if Toei did lose the rights for Dragon Ball. Mad House is great, but I'm not sure if they can capture the feel of Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball should have a colorful feel to it and still feel like a show for kids. Toei makes colorful looking shows which is why they are pick for Dragon Ball. They rarely make anime for adults expect for 3x3 Eyes, Psychic Wars and Crying Freeman and while MadHouse does shows for teens & adults expect for Stitch. Tatsunoko to me could pull off the feel of Dragon Ball. I still want Dragon Ball to feel and look like Dragon Ball.
Tatsunoko, huh? Hmm.... that's not my strong suit at all, lol. What anime do they produce?
They're the guys behind Speed Racer, Time Bokan, Gatchaman, Casshan, Transformers GO! and Macross.

And Superbook.
And they also produced Psycho Pass 2

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:33 pm

I don't mind Dragon Ball having a serious storyline as long if it has a light hearted tone to it just like the Saiyan and Cell saga did. As long if any animation company can capture the feel of Dragon Ball, that's all it matters to me. I still think Toei can pull off good animation if enough time is put into it. I mean the last two DB movies had solid animation overall expect for the CG (I don't think anyone was expecting good CG in the first place).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:59 am

Cell arc has a lighthearted tone to it? It's usually considered the most serious / gagless arc out of them all.

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:33 am

Frieza saga & cell saga were the 2 most serious dbz sagas out there!!!!
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:02 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:Cell arc has a lighthearted tone to it? It's usually considered the most serious / gagless arc out of them all.
It still had some humor to it. It was not totally dark and gritty like the Trunks and Bardock TV specials are.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:11 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:Cell arc has a lighthearted tone to it? It's usually considered the most serious / gagless arc out of them all.
It still had some humor to it. It was not totally dark and gritty like the Trunks and Bardock TV specials are.
Maybe i just failed to see that humor. If you mean Mr Satan, he was more annoying than funny in the Cell arc.