Who should beat Black?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Who should beat Black?

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:50 pm

BrandonR24 wrote:Trunks charges and either blows him to smithereens or pull a "Windwaker Link" and just shove the sword in him.
I'd rather Black survive and become an Anti hero but if he had to die I'd like Trunks to rip his head off or slice him in 2 like he did with Freeza.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:56 pm

On the theory that he is Goten, I think our Goten and Trunks should do it as crazy as that sounds.
On the theory that Black was created by something or someone, Vegeta should do it since Goku fought the Vegeta copy.
On the theory that Black is the Green Kaioshin, Goku and Vegeta together should do it.
On the theory that it's an future Goku, well it's going to take the entire cast.

Also what was the Heart virus theory? I missed the entirety of it.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Xeztin wrote:Also what was the Heart virus theory? I missed the entirety of it.
The heart virus being some sort of magical parasite thing, that kills its host, only to reanimate it later with the parasite(Black) now in control of the body.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:43 pm

ryou766 wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:There is no way Goku and Vegeta will fuse again.
It's been hinted at time and time again that if Goku and Vegeta were to work together, their power would be extraordinary.

If the situation becomes dire, they might decide on fusing.
They might work together, but I really can't imagine them fusing again, it would be very out of character. Even when Buu threatened to destroy everything they wouldn't fuse a second time.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:47 pm

Xeztin wrote:On the theory that he is Goten, I think our Goten and Trunks should do it as crazy as that sounds.
On the theory that Black was created by something or someone, Vegeta should do it since Goku fought the Vegeta copy.
On the theory that Black is the Green Kaioshin, Goku and Vegeta together should do it.
On the theory that it's an future Goku, well it's going to take the entire cast.

Also what was the Heart virus theory? I missed the entirety of it.
There's also my theory that the green potara splits the user into good and evil halves, like when Kami and Piccolo split. That would explain the single potara.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Trunks shuld be the one to kill him, but we know it will be Goku or Vegeta.

I imagine a scene at the climax of the battle, Goku and the Z-Fighters have all fought valiently, but they are no match for Black. The face of 'Goku' smiles his usual smile, a sadistic edge to it as he turns his gaze to Trunks (Currently situated at the back of the battle, being taken out early). With no more effort he slams his elbow into the back of and already downed Goku, prompting tears to stain Turnk's face, Black now heading straight for the blue haired Saiyan. "Now, Saiya-jin. Today you see all of your failures come to fruition"

Vegeta charges at black, but is easily taken down. Trunks cries out at Black, pleading him to stop. With another sadistic grin, Black slams his boot down on Vegeta's throat. "Stop? And who do you think can possibly stop me? Him?" Increases the pressure on Vegeta's neck. "Them?" Cuts to the barley alive Z-fighters. Trunks struggles to his feet, prompting Black to glare. "Oh, don't make me laugh. You?"

Sudden;y Trunks starts to witness various visions, oversized representations of Androids 18 and 17, of Cell, and of Black himself. All grinning down at him, laughing. He thinks back to the death of Gohan, before his mind wonders to Cell easily dodging his Third-Grade fourm's attack. Trunks charges. Black sends him flying with a flick of a finger, before returning to slowly choking the life out of Vegeta. The mage of Bulma comming to mind.

Soon all Trunks could see was the faces of the people he let die, the people he dissappointed; the people he failed. With one last surge of emotion, Turnks lets off his pleading cry of ''STOP IT!". Then, a bullshit transformation initiates and Trunks does shit. The End.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:44 pm

Black would have to be stronger than both Beerus and Whis in order to warrant a Ssjb Vegetto or Gogeta. I'm actually really hoping that Goku Black or the Kaioshin are trying to stop all the time manipulation going on. He could end up following Mirai Trunks (somehow) and target Hit and Whis as well. I know Zeno already put Beerus in his place but I would really like to see someone do it physically aside from Whis.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:47 am

What if Mai is a key element to beating him? Like maybe she's the one to form the winning strategy or something like that.

Though in the end it'll probably just be Goku beating the shit out f him... Sigh....

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:49 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Though in the end it'll probably just be Goku beating the shit out f him... Sigh....
Hopefully this won't become another Goku Time.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Goku defeat it, but he'll think Monaka did it.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Kanassa wrote:Trunks shuld be the one to kill him, but we know it will be Goku or Vegeta.

I imagine a scene at the climax of the battle, Goku and the Z-Fighters have all fought valiently, but they are no match for Black. The face of 'Goku' smiles his usual smile, a sadistic edge to it as he turns his gaze to Trunks (Currently situated at the back of the battle, being taken out early). With no more effort he slams his elbow into the back of and already downed Goku, prompting tears to stain Turnk's face, Black now heading straight for the blue haired Saiyan. "Now, Saiya-jin. Today you see all of your failures come to fruition"

Vegeta charges at black, but is easily taken down. Trunks cries out at Black, pleading him to stop. With another sadistic grin, Black slams his boot down on Vegeta's throat. "Stop? And who do you think can possibly stop me? Him?" Increases the pressure on Vegeta's neck. "Them?" Cuts to the barley alive Z-fighters. Trunks struggles to his feet, prompting Black to glare. "Oh, don't make me laugh. You?"

Sudden;y Trunks starts to witness various visions, oversized representations of Androids 18 and 17, of Cell, and of Black himself. All grinning down at him, laughing. He thinks back to the death of Gohan, before his mind wonders to Cell easily dodging his Third-Grade fourm's attack. Trunks charges. Black sends him flying with a flick of a finger, before returning to slowly choking the life out of Vegeta. The mage of Bulma comming to mind.

Soon all Trunks could see was the faces of the people he let die, the people he dissappointed; the people he failed. With one last surge of emotion, Turnks lets off his pleading cry of ''STOP IT!". Then, a bullshit transformation initiates and Trunks does shit. The End.
We're talking of Super, not Dragon ball Shakespeare. The whole battle will be :
-"Hi, i'm Goku"
-punch
-get a punch
-"He's strong"
-"Beware kakarotto!"
5 minutes of wuaaaaaa will follow
-become blue
-punch
-win

...and i think it's even too dynamic, this way.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:45 am

Vegetto will save the day, here's my theory.

Goku and co. gets beaten to a pulp. Kaioshin and Kibito arrives and gives Goku the potara. Goku will ask Vegeta to fuse with him, since Black is too strong for them. Vegeta declines, saying he won't fuse with Goku forever. Goku or Kaioshin reminds Vegeta that it's possible for them to defuse by using the Dragon Balls. [When Kaioshin told Goku that they defused via Dragon Balls, Vegeta probably didn't heard the conversation] Vegeta finally agrees and fused with Goku. Vegetto then beats the foe.
UpFromTheSkies wrote:They might work together, but I really can't imagine them fusing again, it would be very out of character. Even when Buu threatened to destroy everything they wouldn't fuse a second time.
That's because they though they can handle Kid Buu without the need of fusion. Whereas in Buuhan's case, he was far too strong for them that Goku would rather fuse with Mr. Satan forever than fighting Buuhan. If Black or whoever the main villain is will be far too strong for Goku and Vegeta, they will probably agree to fuse together. Especially if there is no other choice and Goku will tell Vegeta that they can defuse by via Dragon Balls

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:44 am

ChronoTwigger wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Trunks shuld be the one to kill him, but we know it will be Goku or Vegeta.

We're talking of Super, not Dragon ball Shakespeare. The whole battle will be :
-"Hi, i'm Goku"
-punch
-get a punch
-"He's strong"
-"Beware kakarotto!"
5 minutes of wuaaaaaa will follow
-become blue
-punch
-win

...and i think it's even too dynamic, this way.
Yeah, no... What Kanassa described would fit perfectly in Z, and it sounds AWESOME!

What you described was basically the fight against golden Frieza, which I think sucked from a story perspective, especially because it seemed Frieza was WEAKER the JUST ONE of them alone. And they were both fucking around the whole fight.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:02 am

I really hope it's Vegeta. Having him finally come out on top over any form of Goku would be nice to see. He did beat Goku when he was Majin Vegeta but then we found out Goku was holding back SSJ3.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:25 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: He'll have another conference. It'll be about being an important character.
Given by Piccolo?! It won't take him too far.
Goku and Vegeta can't help him, because they will be too busy beating the main villain. :lol:
No he's giving the conference about being an important character....which he fails at as he isn't one.

I never did answer the question so I'll say the person should be someone who needs the rub. Someone who needs the victory. Which really is Trunks or Gohan. Trunks as a first since he has the most connection to Goku Black, and him having Goku and Vegeta help him grow to combat and defeat his enemy feels right. Also throws away that not only Goku and Vegeta matter. If not him, then yeah I gotta say Gohan cause good lord he needs a reward after all the shit he got. No better rebound game than a victory like that, and a return to form.

Vegeta I give the third spot, but he's really good no matter if he gets the win or not. He's Vegeta. He's got a lot of face saving and reputation still. Goku is the worst choice of course cause of obvious reasons.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:58 am

Seriously though - I'd pay money to see Vegetto again. Just imagine him kicking Black's ass and then getting acknowledgement from Whis for being free of both Goku and Vegeta's problems.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:14 pm

TekTheNinja wrote: Yeah, no... What Kanassa described would fit perfectly in Z, and it sounds AWESOME!
Why, thank you.
What you described was basically the fight against golden Frieza, which I think sucked from a story perspective, especially because it seemed Frieza was WEAKER the JUST ONE of them alone. And they were both fucking around the whole fight.
Yeah, the worse part about RoF in both the movie and series is that, at the end of the day, Frieza's transformation meant jack shit.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:31 pm

You'll never see it coming, but Gohan will show up at the last moment and defeat Black with a beautiful Ali shuffle and a left right to the face.
Seriously, no jokes Gohan will defeat him.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:59 pm

If Black is as strong as Goku, it's definitely going to be Gohan to defeat him. Vegeta said Gohan is the only one that could surpass him and Goku.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Trunks should be the one to take out Black