Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:05 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
buutenks wrote:If Vegeta had ssj3 , he would have used it vs Beerus. Guy was pissed off and he got a massive rage boost.

So nope , Vegeta doesn't have ssj3.
That's a very big assumption. Don't forget that Super Saiyan 3 drains a lot of ki fast. Maybe he didn't use it because he can't keep it as long as Goku.
I suppose their counterpoint is that if Vegeta was that blinded by rage, he wouldn't consider the thought of conserving ki. He would simply transform to attempt a kill. It does support the piece of dialogue where Turtle Hermit thinks his power exceeded Super Saiyan 3.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:31 pm

Nejishiki wrote:I suppose their counterpoint is that if Vegeta was that blinded by rage, he wouldn't consider the thought of conserving ki. He would simply transform to attempt a kill. It does support the piece of dialogue where Turtle Hermit thinks his power exceeded Super Saiyan 3.
This. Vegeta was in a blind rage, so I see no reason why he would hold back just because SSJ3 has some stamina issues. Plus it's not like once you go SSJ3 you instantly lose all your ki. It takes a few minutes at least before it affects you.

So my best guess is that, his highest form (SSJ2) got a massive power up. Since SSJ3 isn't unlocked by rage or going berserk, like SSJ1 or 2.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:09 am

Since we didn't get SS3 Vegeta against Beerus, at this point the next logical placement of seeing it, is actually next episode.
It could fit well with Vegeta trying to tell Trunks that both he and Goku are far above what had been shown to Trunks up till now.
A filler like scene with Vegeta cycling through the main SS transformations until finally powering up all the way to SSGSS/SSB would not feel out of place, if you ask me.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:15 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:vegeta does not have ssj3
Could you elaborate on why you believe such?
He's not saying he believes that, he's saying it's a fact like his other opinions.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:00 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:Vegeta does not have SSJ3.
Rather than undercutting the conversation and coming off rather rude, please explain your stance on the issue and contribute more to the discussion.
if i was "rude" i am sorry for that.

Again like my initial post in the thread, SSJ3 is not a form that can be obtained by the living. Goku noted the massive energy drain the form has and how it's not for the living because it burns out to much chi.

The only other person who got the form was a fusion of trunks and goten inside a room where time and space flows differently.

Also, goku noted vegeta trained harder than him these last 7 years, and if that's the case, why didn't he just get the form through training? To answer, because his LIVING body could not handle or sustain such transformation.

I don't understand why we need to prove something never shown in the manga. What if i made a thread saying gohan is ssj3 and offered nothing but nonsensical arguments, the thread would be closed in an instant.

In short if vegeta had ssj3, he would've shown the form off by now

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:50 am

jplaya2023 wrote:
SSJ3 is not a form that can be obtained by the living.

What if i made a thread saying gohan is ssj3 and offered nothing but nonsensical arguments, the thread would be closed in an instant.
Give me ONE source in the manga, anime, guide books, interview or anything official that says that.

Gohan wasn't sure he could go Ssj1 so of course it would get closed cause it wouldn't make any sense and there would be nothing to back it up.

In terms of Ssj3, Toriyama said it was just a powered up version of Ssj1 so a Saiyan doesn't need to be dead or fused in a special room to reach it, he needs a powerful base and as far as we know Vegeta's base has far surpassed what's required to use it.
jplaya2023 wrote:Goku noted vegeta trained harder than him these last 7 years, and if that's the case, why didn't he just get the form through training ?

To answer, because his LIVING body could not handle or sustain such transformation.
Goku had special training and was dead which made everything easier while Vegeta was stuck on earth so even if he trained harder it wouldn't give him Goku's results and it didn't cause his base was still weaker than his which is why he let Babidi control him cause it was the only way to catch him.

We're not talking about before, we're talking about now after his training with Whis.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:03 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:Vegeta does not have SSJ3.
Rather than undercutting the conversation and coming off rather rude, please explain your stance on the issue and contribute more to the discussion.
if i was "rude" i am sorry for that.

Again like my initial post in the thread, SSJ3 is not a form that can be obtained by the living. Goku noted the massive energy drain the form has and how it's not for the living because it burns out to much chi.

The only other person who got the form was a fusion of trunks and goten inside a room where time and space flows differently.

Also, goku noted vegeta trained harder than him these last 7 years, and if that's the case, why didn't he just get the form through training? To answer, because his LIVING body could not handle or sustain such transformation.

I don't understand why we need to prove something never shown in the manga. What if i made a thread saying gohan is ssj3 and offered nothing but nonsensical arguments, the thread would be closed in an instant.

In short if vegeta had ssj3, he would've shown the form off by now
Nothing is said that the form cannot be obtained by the living, just that it's not a form best suited for a living body. The ki drain makes it far better for a dead body, but that doesn't change that it could readily be obtained by someone in the living world.

Besides, even though time flows differently in the Room of Spirit and Time doesn't mean or even suggest that the conditions of the Room of Spirit and Time make it more suitable for the form to be obtained there than normal. Given that you point to ki control and the drain being its main issue, then the Room of Spirit and Time shouldn't reasonably affect anything as far as achieving the form because at no point is it even suggested that the flow or control of ki in the Room is different than outside.

As for Vegeta training harder than Goku, Vegeta does to say that while it was harder and "more special training" than Goku did, that the gap between them didn't close, and we also know at the same time that Goku's Ssj3 transformation was very likely during the end of his training (given that he said he didn't have much practice with it). As such, it's readily possible that the only reason Vegeta didn't reach the Ssj3 form during those seven years of training was because the threshold sat in that gap of power between him and Goku that he didn't reach during the training, or that he simply never prodded beyond Ssj2 as he thought it was the strongest (whereas Goku kept prodding further to see if there was another beyond it).

Additionally, Goku was in an environment that would have likely made it easier for him to reach the form. It doesn't mean for a second that it was impossible for him or Vegeta to have achieved the form for the first time outside of being in the afterlife, simply that it made the process that much simpler.
jplaya2023 wrote:
vegeta absorbed ssj red powers during the ritual and used it to turn blue
No he didn't. According to Goku, Vegeta reached Ssj God Ssj purely on his own. He didn't gain anything from the ritual whatsoever.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:10 pm

In today's episode Trunks told Vegeta to go Ssj3 but instead he laughed at him and went Blue.

I look at it as him saying "I can do that and better" but what do you think ?

I think the reason they didn't have him answer is because they wanted to leave it up to the viewer to decide if he can or not.
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:15 pm

sintzu wrote:In today's episode Trunks told Vegeta to go Ssj3 but instead he laughed at him and went Blue.

I didn't see the episode, but I'm guessing he's saying, "Super Saiyan 3? Nah, I've got better things. Like Blue." So, he probably can use it, but he most likely never will.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:57 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
sintzu wrote:In today's episode Trunks told Vegeta to go Ssj3 but instead he laughed at him and went Blue.

I didn't see the episode, but I'm guessing he's saying, "Super Saiyan 3? Nah, I've got better things. Like Blue." So, he probably can use it, but he most likely never will.
No it looks like... I hope he doesn't realize I can't so I will go blue.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:38 am

sintzu wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
SSJ3 is not a form that can be obtained by the living.

What if i made a thread saying gohan is ssj3 and offered nothing but nonsensical arguments, the thread would be closed in an instant.
Give me ONE source in the manga, anime, guide books, interview or anything official that says that.

Gohan wasn't sure he could go Ssj1 so of course it would get closed cause it wouldn't make any sense and there would be nothing to back it up.

In terms of Ssj3, Toriyama said it was just a powered up version of Ssj1 so a Saiyan doesn't need to be dead or fused in a special room to reach it, he needs a powerful base and as far as we know Vegeta's base has far surpassed what's required to use it.
jplaya2023 wrote:Goku noted vegeta trained harder than him these last 7 years, and if that's the case, why didn't he just get the form through training ?

To answer, because his LIVING body could not handle or sustain such transformation.
Goku had special training and was dead which made everything easier while Vegeta was stuck on earth so even if he trained harder it wouldn't give him Goku's results and it didn't cause his base was still weaker than his which is why he let Babidi control him cause it was the only way to catch him.

We're not talking about before, we're talking about now after his training with Whis.
The fact every form starting from ssj3 and up, has only been achieved by being in a different dimension. That should give an good indication that earth realm hasn't got what it takes to transform in such forms. You are the one that has to show feats that they actually can reach ssj3 transformation outside the dimensions so far you have failed to provide evidence.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:28 am

Friezacooler wrote:You are the one that has to show feats that they actually can reach ssj3 transformation outside the dimensions so far you have failed to provide evidence.
Toriyama said it was just a powered up Ssj1, he didn't say it was a special form or anything like that.

In today's episode Trunks told Vegeta to go Ssj3 so if there was anything special about it Vegeta would've said so and would've told Trunks not to bother with it due to it not being possible to reach under normal training.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:51 am

sintzu wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:You are the one that has to show feats that they actually can reach ssj3 transformation outside the dimensions so far you have failed to provide evidence.
Toriyama said it was just a powered up Ssj1, he didn't say it was a special form or anything like that.

In today's episode Trunks told Vegeta to go Ssj3 so if there was anything special about it Vegeta would've said so and would've told Trunks not to bother with it due to it not being possible to reach under normal training.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:44 am

I think the reason they didn't have him answer is because they wanted to leave it up to the viewer to decide if he can or not.
yeah, I think the way he reacted implies Vegeta could do it if he wanted to.

it's also interesting that Trunks seemed to be able to reach a third grade Super Saiyan 2, a never before seen form

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:58 am

MaxZ wrote:

yeah, I think the way he reacted implies Vegeta could do it if he wanted to.

it's also interesting that Trunks seemed to be able to reach a third grade Super Saiyan 2, a never before seen form
No for me it looked more like... You little shit I can't but to show you how cool I'm I will go blue.

Let's be real. If he could, he would go so against Beerus and if not there this would have been the other perfect chance.

TOEI and Toriyama simply don't want to have him shown in a "canon" story

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:48 am

Kishido wrote:
No for me it looked more like... You little shit I can't but to show you how cool I'm I will go blue.

Let's be real. If he could, he would go so against Beerus.

If not there this would have been the other perfect chance.

In his 6 months of training with Whis he managed to sense god Ki and reach Goku's level which is FAR beyond what's required to use Ssj3 and that's not counting the training he did after Freeza's defeat and the 3 years he trained with Goku before the tournament.

The fight with Beerus takes place a year or so after Buu's defeat which wouldn't be enough time to reach such a form.

Why show him something Goku already did ?

This might be true.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:56 am

sintzu wrote:
Kishido wrote:

Let's be real. If he could, he would go so against Beerus.

If not there this would have been the other perfect chance.

In his 6 months of training with Whis he managed to sense god Ki and reach Goku's level which is FAR beyond what's required to use Ssj3 and that's not counting the training he did after Freeza's defeat and the 3 years he trained with Goku before the tournament.

The fight with Beerus takes place a year or so after Buu's defeat which wouldn't be enough time to reach such a form.

Why show him something Goku already did ?

This might be true.
Even during the tournament arc he could have showed it just because for us.

They won't give it to us so it makes any sense to discuss if he has it or not anymore.

Now everyone is there to believe what he wants... And no one is wrong

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:11 am

I don't really care one way or the other if Vegeta can go SSJ3, I just think that he probably could do it if he really wanted to. It might require a bit of practice but I'm sure he can do it, especially since he shared a body with Goku who knew how to do it.

But there's no reason he'd ever want to do it. SSJ3 is as useless as USSJ.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:18 am

MaxZ wrote:It's also interesting that Trunks seemed to be able to reach a third grade Super Saiyan 2, a never before seen form
We've seen Roshi, a human get like that as well so I don't think it's a separate or even a new form but rather the ability to control the muscle's size so if Goku or Vegeta wanted to do that with SsjB they could.

It's like Kaioken, it's not a form but rather a power up that can be used by anyone with any form if they're strong enough to control it.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:25 am

yeah i wouldnt call that third grade super saiyan 2 a form at all, its just a way to buff your muscles and gain raw power as said many times in the series, even Cell did it if I remember right.

Anyway I don't think we'll ever see SSJ3 Vegeta in canon, he will continue to be relegated to video games. Last episode with him laughing at the idea of SSJ3 and just going Blue proved that to me at least. It was the perfect tease at least, does the smirk mean he can do it! We'll never know.