"Super DragonBall Z" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:19 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:I really wish i knew somone who likes this game and lives by me.
I find it's a little easier if you have friends that play Street Fighter, those are the only people I can get to play, everyone else wimps out when they cant press two buttons and do a Kamehameha.
An easy way to fix this is let them win a few rounds in Super DBZ to build up their confidence, then totally obliterate them. They'll strive to get another victory because they find it plausible to win seeing as how they "won" the last couple of rounds giving you good times and a bunch of lulz. (This is probably why I don't have many friends) :lol:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:29 am

Oh, I go plenty easy on them.

It's just that the majority of my friends don't enjoy actual fighting games, the games have to include carjacking, and be named Grand Theft Auto, for them to even consider playing them.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:45 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:Oh, I go plenty easy on them.

It's just that the majority of my friends don't enjoy actual fighting games, the games have to include carjacking, and be named Grand Theft Auto, for them to even consider playing them.
Something tells me your friends videogame habits would make me a very angry person. :lol:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:40 pm

My girlfriend plays fighting games a lot more than I do. So, about an hour on her own with Videl and she was able to whoop my ass. However, in general I don't mind playing against the computer because I don't play often enough to need live opponents.

One question I have, though, is that if someone were to pull off Gohan's Dragon Finish against Cell in Arcade Mode, would that change the ending of the game? What about if its Goku, Vegeta, or Freeza's Dragon Finish?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:32 am

I've got a Z Survivor question. Those attack and defense bonuses you can get in the wheel? Do they stick around between matches? Like, if I get 10% def bonus after round 1 and then 15% after round two do I now have 125% defense or just 115%?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Sorry for double post but it's been nearly a day so want to make sure this gets noticed.

Anyway, got another Z Survivor question. According to GameFAQs you unlock a wish by beating Z Survivor and the double or nothing match. I did that (go Chi-Chi!) but when I summoned Shenron afterwards I didn't have any special wish.... Anyone know what's up?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Whoo reviving the Super DBZ thread. Anyways, can anyone tell me what teen Gohan's "Charge" does? As far as I can tell it just gives you a purple aura.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:20 am

I need a little help with a couple of things:

- What mean the action and green (under the health) bars?

- What Kaioken does besides decrease your energy? :P

Thanks!

ToshiMustgrind
Beyond Newbie

Post by ToshiMustgrind » Mon May 11, 2009 6:30 pm

I may have missed it but...
How do I launch Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist?

I just decided to play this some more and I am having a few 'lil hiccups since I am more used to SPARKING! METEOR! now and have spent a few years away from Super DBZ.

I just started playing as Majin Buu... and I am now a fan of him :)
Right now he's got King Piccolo's inherited skill but I can rarely get it to connect with my opponent.
SSJ2bardock wrote:Whoo reviving the Super DBZ thread. Anyways, can anyone tell me what teen Gohan's "Charge" does? As far as I can tell it just gives you a purple aura.
Sorry, I have never played with Gohan so I'm no help to you :(
Senzu_Bean wrote:I need a little help with a couple of things:

- What mean the action and green (under the health) bars?

- What Kaioken does besides decrease your energy? :P

Thanks!
That's the "Ultimate Gauge" and I actually forget what it does...
I'm usually more concerned with the Action/ Stamina bar at the bottom as I usually exhaust it :-/

I have never used Kaioken in this game but it may pump up your attack power...?
[url=http://toshimustgrind.deviantart.com]DeviantArt.com[/url] | [url=http://www.cosplay.com/member/302/]Tenucha on Cosplay.com[/url] | [url=http://www.myspace.com/tenucha]Tenucha on MySpace.com[/url]

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi, I have a question about unlocking characters.

Do you have to be a specific character when summoning Shenron to unlock new characters? I have collected the dragonballs twice with Teen Gohan and I still haven't had the chance to unlock anyone new.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 pm

You have to use the Dragonballs a few times so that the Enhanced Wishes are unlocked. After that, you'll have a few characters that are able to be unlocked right away. The rest, you'll have to use the Dragonballs more than ten times for them to show up in the Enhanced Wishes menu.
(they/she)

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Kendamu wrote:You have to use the Dragonballs a few times so that the Enhanced Wishes are unlocked. After that, you'll have a few characters that are able to be unlocked right away. The rest, you'll have to use the Dragonballs more than ten times for them to show up in the Enhanced Wishes menu.
Oh ok thanks! Thankfully getting Dragonballs aren't a pain in this game. :D
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Re: "Super DragonBall Z" - FAQs, etc.

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:47 am

Random Question. I was playing as trunks, and got my skill tree up to point where I could choose from a katana, a lightsaber, or to increase my speed. I chose the lightsaber (or laser sword as it is in the game).

I was just wondering if Trunks is the only character who you can unlock weapons for? I've seen a Freeza with a rocket launcher, and I was wondering if that was unlockable, and if so, what else is?
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:38 am

Freeza's rocket launcher is unlockable. I'm pretty sure he has grenades or mines, too. I can't remember which.

I'm pretty sure Gohan has his two different swords the whole time that he uses one at a time for most of his attacks.

Trunks is the only other character I can think of besides Mecha Freeza who has any unlockable weapons.
(they/she)

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:26 am

Kendamu wrote:Freeza's rocket launcher is unlockable. I'm pretty sure he has grenades or mines, too. I can't remember which.

I'm pretty sure Gohan has his two different swords the whole time that he uses one at a time for most of his attacks.

Trunks is the only other character I can think of besides Mecha Freeza who has any unlockable weapons.
The mines are already there when you unlock him.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:36 am

Then I'm pretty sure it's Freeza with mines or grenades and a rocket launcher as well as Trunks with his normal sword, the katana, and the beam sword.
(they/she)

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 am

Nothing at all for Gohan?
Well okay then.

Juan Fra

Post by Juan Fra » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:59 pm

I know it's a little too late, but I'll give my input on your questions.
Silver Sinspawn wrote:Random Question. I was playing as trunks, and got my skill tree up to point where I could choose from a katana, a lightsaber, or to increase my speed. I chose the lightsaber (or laser sword as it is in the game).

I was just wondering if Trunks is the only character who you can unlock weapons for? I've seen a Freeza with a rocket launcher, and I was wondering if that was unlockable, and if so, what else is?
Trunks and Mecha-Freeza are the only characters with weapon selection in their Skill Trees. Ultimate Gohan already has both Swords (Gold and Z Sword) from the start, you simply change between them by doing U, D + Attack.

Like Kendamu wrote, with Trunks you pick either a new Sword (Nodachi, Laser Sword) or and additional Action Bar. With Mecha-Freeza you can pick Rocket Launcer, Grenade Launcher and DX Mines.
Silver Sinspawn wrote:
Kendamu wrote:Freeza's rocket launcher is unlockable. I'm pretty sure he has grenades or mines, too. I can't remember which.

The mines are already there when you unlock him.
DX Mines isn't available from the start. I think you're confusing them for Crack Bomb.

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Super DragonBall Z" Help Thread

Post by radrappy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:13 pm

I didn't pick up this game when it came out because the press gave luke warm reviews and the fans were even less excited. Years later I picked this up for 4.99 in a bargain bin and am now enjoying probably the best DBZ game ever made. It's got ten times more precision and strategy than the Budokai Tenkaichi games or even the Budokai games. Fans put too much emphasis on cutscenes and playable characters than, I don't know, how the game actually plays. It's a shame we probably will never see a sequel to this gem.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Super DragonBall Z" Help Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:59 pm

While your thoughts on the game are certainly appreciated, please just note that this is very specifically a "Help" thread for the game -- if you have general discussion about it, please feel free to either start a new thread about it, or contribute to any current/on-going ones you may see. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::