Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Kaboom wrote:Seriously, every time someone says this they're putting a lot of extra words in Toriyama's mouth. What the man said ultimately means little more than "it didn't feel as big as 50x to me when I drew things." If he were really trying to say, "I declare as the original author that Super Saiyan only increases one's strength by 10x, and the 50x notion is a blatant falsehood," then does anyone really think Shueisha would still repeat the 50x tidbit in that very same book?
I take issue with that accusation, unless my interpretation is wrong.
Because honestly that part of the interview couldn't be more direct. He says 50 fold was an exaggeration when he did it, from my knowledge nothing forward in the manga or from the man himself contradicts this. So if I want to interpret his work correctly, Super Saiyan at that moment is less than 50x fold, I would call this a fact.

Why does he have to say it formally for it to mean what it means? Seriously, isn't that just being pedantic? Or how does Shueisha actions negate his words? Are we supposed to take any action from Shueisha as infallible?

His part about the 10 fold is open to interpretation because of "from what it was up to that point", which could be in reference to many things. Now the first part, we have a figure(x50), that figure was too high. I see no duality.

If the man himself, posterior to this, or his work offer any contradictions. Please point me towards them.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:15 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Where do you feel SP Cell falls under? I keep thinking in the neighborhood of 10 Billion (With Buu Arc SSJ3 Goku at 40 Billion for perspective).
Moderately but not considerably below SS2 Gohan. Which according to my expertly crafted numbers places him at 6 billion, with SS2 Gohan at 7 billion and SS2 Goku at 7.5 billion.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:37 am

LightBing wrote:I take issue with that accusation, unless my interpretation is wrong.
Because honestly that part of the interview couldn't be more direct. He says 50 fold was an exaggeration when he did it, from my knowledge nothing forward in the manga or from the man himself contradicts this. So if I want to interpret his work correctly, Super Saiyan at that moment is less than 50x fold, I would call this a fact.

Why does he have to say it formally for it to mean what it means? Seriously, isn't that just being pedantic? Or how does Shueisha actions negate his words? Are we supposed to take any action from Shueisha as infallible?

His part about the 10 fold is open to interpretation because of "from what it was up to that point", which could be in reference to many things. Now the first part, we have a figure(x50), that figure was too high. I see no duality.

If the man himself, posterior to this, or his work offer any contradictions. Please point me towards them.
I think the main point Kaboom is trying to get across is that if Toriyama really did intend to say that the Super Saiyan boost is factually 10x and that the 50x boost is outright wrong, Shueisha wouldn't have reprinted the 50x boost in the same book as Toriyama's statement regarding the Super Saiyan power boost. Because, if they did, then they really suck at their job.

Anyway, the whole 10x thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyways, because Goku was already multiplying his strength 10x and 20x with the Kaioken before he got Super Saiyan. Now, you could say that Super Saiyan was supposed to be 10x that power, but that would make the full boost 100x or 200x, which is even more exaggerated than the 50x.

Based on that and the way the statement is worded, I think Toriyama is trying to say that he thought the 50x boost was hard to imagine and that, as he drew it, it felt like a more modest 10x boost, but that if you break it down logically, it would make more sense to go with Super Saiyan being a 50-fold increase.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:53 am

DanielSSJ wrote:I think the main point Kaboom is trying to get across is that if Toriyama really did intend to say that the Super Saiyan boost is factually 10x and that the 50x boost is outright wrong, Shueisha wouldn't have reprinted the 50x boost in the same book as Toriyama's statement regarding the Super Saiyan power boost. Because, if they did, then they really suck at their job.
Yep, that's exactly the point. We're not talking about a situation where a guidebook says one thing, and then Toriyama comes up with something different months or even years later. This is something concurrent, where there's two related bits of information printed within the very same product. Shueisha hasn't hesitated to outright ditch certain power level tidbits when they've become outdated or null in the past, so why would they go so far to preserve this one that they'd actually go against the author's wishes?

Whenever this topic comes up, nobody ever has a good answer for that. Most likely just because the true answer is the one they don't want to hear: "Toriyama's not actually decreeing that <guidebook thing> is wrong." There is no contradiction here — Super Saiyan is still, officially speaking, a 50x boost, and Toriyama has not declared this incorrect. I know I probably sound excessively firm about this, but there's few things I hate more than glaring misinformation being spread. Noah asked a genuine question about something, and I'm not keen to let him be confused by slanted and fallacious answers.
DanielSSJ wrote:Based on that and the way the statement is worded, I think Toriyama is trying to say that he thought the 50x boost was hard to imagine and that, as he drew it, it felt like a more modest 10x boost, but that if you break it down logically, it would make more sense to go with Super Saiyan being a 50-fold increase.
That's what I suspect the deal is too. Doing math is one thing, but from an artistic angle it's actually pretty hard to visualize something as large as a 50x increase in one's head, or bring it to life on paper.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:33 am

You're free to have your opinion and I accepted even if I disagree. But "slanted and fallacious", "they're putting a lot of extra words in Toriyama's mouth"; what's this? I answered to Noah and provided the link to the interview, so that he wouldn't just take my word for it. If he has another interpretation, I'm sure he'll say something.
I didn't add any words to it, I read it and took it as it's written. You're the one disproving the words, saying he really didn't mean it.

All I wrote was my opinion, why are you making me look like someone pushing an agenda, which you have to protect everyone from? I won't deny that the Shueisha arguments is common sense for them to do, but that doesn't make it a fact.
Even a few pages ago RandomGuy96 trashed my common sense regarding 100% Freeza, he said look at the statements. I looked he was right, even if common sense told otherwise.

So yeah, why is my view "slanted and fallacious"? If all I did was say, Mr.Toriyama said this, I think we should take his word for it since nothing contradicts it. You disagree, fine. Just be respectful.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:04 am

What I find extremely hypocritical is that the people who use the logic "if it were false it wouldn't be repeated in subsequent officially published material" are the same people who totally oppose to this very logic when it comes to another debate. That of kid Buu Vs Super Buu. You see Toei retained the line of Goku saying that Kid Buu is the strongest in subsequent official realises of the show, they also included it in the official anime guidebooks, they kept it in Kai and they repeated that Goku is the strongest in DB Super. So by the same logic Toei wouldn't keep repeating it if it were false. Right? See the double standard?

I am pretty sure then some will say but it is Toei Vs Shueisha. So what? A lot of things released by Shueisha regarding Dragonball are plain wrong and make no sense. They are not infallible.

On a similar note I find it ironic thinking that those "officially released by Shueisha" SSJ2 and SSJ3 multipliers are anything to go by when Toriyama himself 4 years later admitted that he didn't even remember the existence of SSJ3 or its difference from SSJ2.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... interview/
Interviewer: Do you write down notes anywhere for that sort of background information?
Toriyama: No, I don’t do that. That’s why I keep on forgetting things. If I don’t forget stuff, new ideas won’t come to mind. For example, you know how there’s “Super Saiyan 3”?
Interviewer: Yes. Where the hair gets long.
Toriyama: I didn’t know that. (laughs) The whole time, I thought that was “Super Saiyan 2”. (laughs)
Interviewer: Whaaa?!
Toriyama: And I drew that myself. (laughs) Anyhow, I thought “2” was the one with long hair. It was like, “Man, I’ve really forgotten stuff…”.
Toriyama: Anyway, I re-read the work for the first time in ages, and you know how Super Saiyan just keeps getting flashier? When it gets to “3”, the hair even gets longer. So, I decided to pare it down as much as possible.
Last edited by Speedster on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:35 am

Speedster wrote:What I find extremely hypocritical is that the people who use the logic "if it were false it wouldn't be repeated in subsequent officially published material" are the same people who totally oppose to this very logic when it comes to another debate. That of kid Buu Vs Super Buu. You see Toei retained the line of Goku saying that Kid Buu is the strongest in subsequent official realises of the show, they also included it in the official anime guidebooks, they kept it in Kai and they repeated that Goku is the strongest in DB Super. So by the same logic Toei wouldn't keep repeating it if it were false. Right? See the double standard?
There is a difference. The Toriyama says Super Saiyan is 10x thing isn't contradicting something released in a guidebook years and years ago. Both Toriyama's "Super Saiyan felt like a 10-fold boost when I drew it" line and the "Super Saiyan is a 50-fold boost" statement are included in the same god dang book!

As far as the Pure Boo vs Evil Boo thing goes, we're not talking about supplementary material that is contradicting other supplementary material. We're talking about the primary source work that consistently says one thing (that Evil Boo is stronger than Goku and, by extension, Pure Boo) and an adaption of the primary work that includes a statement that is not only contradictory to the original work, but also contradictory to itself (that Pure Boo is the strongest Boo and Goku is the only one tough enough to fight him, while also retaining the "Evil Boo is too strong for Goku to fight" line from the manga. So Goku ~ Pure Boo > Evil Boo > Goku, which makes no sense.) Kai is a cut-up remastered version of the Z anime, so of course they would keep the line in, and DB Super's sloppy writing in general prevents me from counting it as a credible source of information, especially when dealing with power-relationships from 20 years ago. With the Super Saiyan power boost thing, it's supplementary material vs supplementary material. With the Boo thing, it's primary source vs secondary source.

If you want to take Toriyama's statements about the Super Saiyan power boost literally, that's fine. If you want to take the anime's statements that Pure Boo is the strongest Boo seriously, that's fine too. I just respectfully disagree.
Last edited by DanielSSJ on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:39 am

Speedster wrote:You see Toei retained the line of Goku saying that Kid Buu is the strongest in subsequent official releases of the show, they also included it in the official anime guidebooks, they kept it in Kai and they repeated that Goku is the strongest in DB Super.
...While still keeping all the stuff from the original story which actually prevents that from being the case.

That's just Toei creating and perpetuating a contradiction, even within their own products. That'd be more like if the original work actually established plainly that Super Saiyan was a 10x boost, but the guidebooks kept saying it was 50x instead. Or even worse, if the original story itself kept bouncing back-and-forth with conflicting statements about how strong the form makes you.

But there is no such blatant contradiction at hand here with the actual "10x or 50x" situation. There's just a minority of folks who don't like a thing from a guidebook, and try to stretch a somewhat-related Toriyama comment into meaning something that it doesn't, in an attempt to discredit that guidebook thing. It's a total non-debate.

And how the heck is Toriyama confusing Super Saiyan 2 and 3 supposed to affect anything? That has nothing to do with the power boosts established by Shueisha for both those forms.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:50 am

DanielSSJ wrote:Both Toriyama's "Super Saiyan felt like a 10-fold boost when I drew it" line and the "Super Saiyan is a 50-fold boost" statement are included in the same god dang book!
So what? They just suck at their job.
DanielSSJ wrote:As far as the Pure Boo vs Evil Boo thing goes, we're not talking about supplementary material that is contradicting other supplementary material. We're talking about the primary source work that consistently says one thing (that Evil Boo is stronger than Goku and, by extension, Pure Boo) and an adaption of the primary work that includes a statement that is not only contradictory to the original work, but also contradictory to itself (that Pure Boo is the strongest Boo, and that Goku is the strongest Saiyan by extension, while also keeping in the line about Evil Boo being too strong for Goku to handle. So Goku ~ Pure Boo > Evil Boo > Goku, which makes no sense.)
Same primary source has Goku saying that "We" are powerless to stop the attack of Pure Buu which was about to destroy the Earth. To me it is obvious that Goku either was not taking SSJ3 into consideration and/or he either improved or pushed his SSJ3 boost further for his fight with kid Buu. There is literally nothing to contradict this. And in Super we saw Hit improving as well as Goku in his fight with Beerus discovering new heights to the boost of SSG.
DanielSSJ wrote:With the Super Saiyan power boost thing, it's supplementary material vs supplementary material. With the Boo thing, it's primary source vs secondary source
Nope. It is primary source (Toriyama's interview) Vs Supplementary source (Shueisha guidebook editors). On the other hand similarly we have manga (primary source) Versus anime (secondary source).
If you want to take Toriyama's statements about the Super Saiyan power boost literally, that's fine.
There are various other ways to justify what happened. Like treating the SSJ power up like a boost that is added to one's base and appearing like a multiplier. But it is neither fixed nor constant. That explains and why Goku didn't turn SSJ1 grade 2 again or why in Super he doesn't turn SSJ2 anymore. He can train to unlock the same power boost in regular SSJ1. After all SSJ2 and SSJ3 according to Toriyama are SSJ variations. It is a different version of the one same thing - accessing a "Super Saiyan" boost. But if it were multipliers then Goku not using the other SSJ forms (SSJ1 grade 2 and SSJ2) which showed no disadvantages regarding primary fighting capabilities (power and speed) would make no sense. Yeah he increased his base with that approach he took in RoSaT. Why after that choose to multiply his (increased) base power by just 50x and not by 60x? Or why not turn SSJ2 again to multiply by 100x?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:29 am

This forum just got less nice.

To whom may care for a debate. There's no x10 vs x50 debate. I'll try to explain my interpretation to the best of my ability. The quote for reference: Only, at the time, it was considered that his strength would increase 50-fold when he became a Super Saiyan, but that was a bit of an exaggeration. My feeling as the creator is that, while drawing it, I felt that it was about a 10-fold change from what it was up to that point.

The first part is clear, he feels like 50-fold like some have determined(I assume Shueisha is the only source for that), was an exaggeration. The second part he breaks it down. "While drawing it", I assume he's thinking back and telling us his thoughts while he was drawing Super Saiyan.
"I felt that it was about a 10-fold change from what it was up to that point". If he just wanted to say it was 10 fold, the last words are redundant. But I think they mean something, which connects with the "while drawing it" part.
While doing the SSJ, he remembered about the Kaioken. He had to, unless his forgetfulness was so severe he forgot chapters he wrote months/weeks back. So while current Mr.Toriyama doesn't remember about the Kaioken x20, he remembers about his thought process at the time, while drawing it; a 10-fold change. Which I interpret as being x30.

Even if people disagree, is my interpretation at least logical?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:19 am

No, because ten times twenty is two hundred, not thirty. "A ten-fold increase" does not mean adding ten onto whatever multiplier was there earlier.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:34 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:No, because ten times twenty is two hundred, not thirty. "A ten-fold increase" does not mean adding ten onto whatever multiplier was there earlier.
It's ten-fold change, not ten-fold increase. I have the quote twice in my previous post.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:40 am

LightBing wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:No, because ten times twenty is two hundred, not thirty. "A ten-fold increase" does not mean adding ten onto whatever multiplier was there earlier.
It's ten-fold change, not ten-fold increase. I have the quote twice in my previous post.
What's the difference if you don't mind my asking? I don't know English mathematical terms well so this kind of stuff tends to stump me :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:44 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
LightBing wrote:
What's the difference if you don't mind my asking? I don't know English mathematical terms well so this kind of stuff tends to stump me :P
A ten-fold "change" allows for the possibility of a decrease. That's the only difference. "ten-fold" literally means multiplying by ten, so I'm not sure what he's getting at.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:03 am

Yes it does allow for a possibility for a decrease. It doesn't mean it's has to be a multiplication, the 10-fold isn't isolated. There's a context. Which could mean decrease, increase, multiplication, what have you...

I notice that you add the possibility of a decrease, while saying it can only be multiplying. You can't multiply by ten and have a decrease. Which is it?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:11 am

Has anyone considered the possibility Toriyama thinks that "up to that point" meant he thought Goku's KKX20 PL being increased by an additional 50 was the exaggeration and not merely his base increasing by 50? Goku's KKX20 was basically the pinnacle of his power by that point. I mean, this isn't the Boo Saga where you can just hand wave some things with "He doesn't give a fuck anymore" so I doubt the fact KKX20 giving Goku a bigger boost than Super Saiyan would go over his head.

Its entirely possible he thought giving Goku's KKX20 PL a boost of additional 50 feels more ridiculous than giving it a mere boost of 10.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:24 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Has anyone considered the possibility Toriyama thinks that "up to that point" meant he thought Goku's KKX20 PL being increased by an additional 50 was the exaggeration and not merely his base increasing by 50? Goku's KKX20 was basically the pinnacle of his power by that point. I mean, this isn't the Boo Saga where you can just hand wave some things with "He doesn't give a fuck anymore" so I doubt the fact KKX20 giving Goku a bigger boost than Super Saiyan would go over his head.

Its entirely possible he thought giving Goku's KKX20 PL a boost of additional 50 feels more ridiculous than giving it a mere boost of 10.
Never thought it like that. It isn't unreasonable that Mr.Toriyama is applying that thought process, I can see it happen.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:12 pm

LightBing wrote:Yes it does allow for a possibility for a decrease. It doesn't mean it's has to be a multiplication, the 10-fold isn't isolated. There's a context. Which could mean decrease, increase, multiplication, what have you...

I notice that you add the possibility of a decrease, while saying it can only be multiplying. You can't multiply by ten and have a decrease. Which is it?
You can have a ten fold decrease by multiplying by a negative. Which obviously isn't the case here, but you're the one who brought up "change" vs "increase" in the first place.

Tenfold literally means "multiplied by 10." That's what it means. You cannot take 20 and change it tenfold, and somehow end up with 30. You're just wrong.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
LightBing wrote:Yes it does allow for a possibility for a decrease. It doesn't mean it's has to be a multiplication, the 10-fold isn't isolated. There's a context. Which could mean decrease, increase, multiplication, what have you...

You can have a ten fold decrease by multiplying by a negative. Which obviously isn't the case here, but you're the one who brought up "change" vs "increase" in the first place.

Tenfold literally means "multiplied by 10." That's what it means. You cannot take 20 and change it tenfold, and somehow end up with 30. You're just wrong.
I'm gonna try this again, I ask that you read it. You're absolutely right about what 10-fold means.
Because of the word "change", I pose the possibility that Mr.Toriyama meant it like: "It was 20-fold before, I felt it was a 10 change"; using the word 10-fold instead because that's what's in-reference to, even if 10 fold means multiplied by 10.

Elaborating, so that people don't think I'm just making stuff to get what I want. When he mentions 50-fold in the previous sentence he uses the word "increase", don't see why he changed it to "change" here. Except for the "up to that point" part, which is redundant because we know what he means. The moment were it was thought it was 50-fold.

But looking at the whole interview, which by the way is titled "The Truth About the “Dragon Ball” Manga", where in all questions Mr.Toriyama talks how he came up with stuff. Taking into account the context, which is consistent in all of the answers of the interview, when he mentions "while drawing it, I felt that it was about a 10-fold change from what it was up to that point", I assume he remembered the Kaioken x20 while he was drawing the manga and since 20 times 10 would be contrary to his idea of 50 being an exaggeration, I came up with this idea.

I totally see how going only by the words meaning, tenfold is tenfold, that aspect is absolute. But looking at the whole picture, I find it highly unlikely that Mr.Toriyama while drawing Super Saiyan didn't remember about the Kaioken!
To add in the same interview, talking about his favorite fights he say this about Super Saiyan Goku vs Freeza: "It’s where the Super Saiyan appears, to say the least. The time had come when I was finally able to follow through on my promise to Assistant-kun. And on top of that, I was able to express it very effectively, and the reception was good, so I have nothing else to add!"
More reasons to assume he remembered about the Kaioken when he was drawing Super Saiyan.

Note that I assume that Mr.Toriyama didn't actually remembered the x20 Kaioken at the time of the interview, but remembered his thought process, which is why he said "from what it was up to that point", because that's completely redundant otherwise.

Sorry for the long read. I had to try and make my logic as clear as possible. I hope you see my logic, even with the tenfold aspect.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... agon-ball/

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:40 am

Here's my attempt at a battle power list for the anime version of the Buu arc, with all the filler included, done for fun. Two things I should note: one, even in the anime, I consider the dozen or so statements plus plethora of feats supporting Super Buu > SS3 Goku >= Pure Buu to be more valid than the two statements near the end of the anime that state he is more powerful than Buuhan, contradicting his manner of defeat in the process. Two, as Super is a thing that happened in the anime, Freeza > base Goku will be assumed to be the case, with all that entails. Call it a retcon of some stuff if you want. With that said:
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.