"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:06 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
The S wrote:Wait, so they're back to calling him Raspberry again? Did they just up and realize how ridiculous "Larsberi" was?
May not have been an English game. Could have been French or something?
I heard english dialogue. Krillin was bugged out lol. I think the dubbing is more or less done at this point.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:07 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
The S wrote:Wait, so they're back to calling him Raspberry again? Did they just up and realize how ridiculous "Larsberi" was?
May not have been an English game. Could have been French or something?
I heard english dialogue. Krillin was bugged out lol. I think the dubbing is more or less done at this point.
Voices are always the original Japanese or Funimation dub. But Larsberi was his name on the selection screen, and isn't text adapted in the different regions?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:14 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:
Careless Saiyajin wrote:I can't find a demo playable at any location of gamestop in all of New Jersey, what's up with that?
It's a Dragon Ball game... Aka not that important.
You're also in New Jersey. :P Shots fired!
Nah I reside in Philly born and raised lol.

@carelessSaiyan

I feel you but I highly doubt you'll find one.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:41 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:Nah I reside in Philly born and raised lol.
Well that comment was for Careless Saiyan lol. I just added another reason why he probably wouldn't find one. #needlessterritorybashing

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:50 pm

I've never understood the Jersey-bashing thing (or the stereotypes). Maybe I just don't live in the portion of NJ where all the dislike gets beamed towards. I've also heard of a highway with a bad odor, but never actually driven/ridden on one like that. It always feels like someone in the distant past made up a bunch of stories about what the whole state is like and everyone took it as fact. I dunno. :?:

There's a ridiculous number of malls in New Jersey (and Eastern PA); I know all of the ones local (or semi-local) have GameStops. I haven't checked any for demos though. You might not be able to find it because it's just not a high-profile enough game.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:04 pm

I live in Jersey too, but on the south side. I used to live in the North side of Jersey(Trenton) and I remember the last time my local gamestop had a DBZ game demo was BT2. Yeah...anime games in general ain't that popular in that state, not even the biggest ones(Naruto Storm series).
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:07 pm

I dont mind spoiling this game EXCEPT when it comes to the story. I definitely want all that to be a surprise I won't be watching any story gameplay.

I would love to know roster and alternate outfits as soon as possible.

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Some people in Japan tend to get it a day earlier from Mom and Pop shops.

We should be seeing the game soon like MAYBE tomorrow night or on the 4th.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Some more pics that I don't believe we have seen yet.
nato25 wrote:I would love to know roster and alternate outfits as soon as possible.
Same, that's what I'm hoping for on Thursday.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Chuquita wrote:I've never understood the Jersey-bashing thing (or the stereotypes). Maybe I just don't live in the portion of NJ where all the dislike gets beamed towards. I've also heard of a highway with a bad odor, but never actually driven/ridden on one like that. It always feels like someone in the distant past made up a bunch of stories about what the whole state is like and everyone took it as fact. I dunno.
Well the Turnpike has a plant or something by it, so it stinks... like all hell. And Jersey Shore is a thing. When I have stopped in NJ I had a good time so I'm not throwing real shade lol.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:14 pm

I feel like I should mention this before the game releases in Japan: don't be too alarmed if see very low scores on Amazon Japan. It seems like Japanese players really dislike DLC and the concept of it, especially toward Bandai Namco products such as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%83 ... tar+battle) and most recently Tales of Zestiria (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%83 ... s=zestiria). If the same happens to Xenoverse, don't let that discourage your feelings toward the game (or encourage your distaste for it :P)

On the bright side, the game is a best-seller right now: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/ ... 2494234051

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:21 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Well the Turnpike has a plant or something by it, so it stinks... like all hell. And Jersey Shore is a thing. When I have stopped in NJ I had a good time so I'm not throwing real shade lol.
Yeah, that smell brings back a lot of memories for me whenever I drive past the Turnpike to go to Seaside. Fucking Sandy and fire :x !
nato25 wrote:I dont mind spoiling this game EXCEPT when it comes to the story. I definitely want all that to be a surprise I won't be watching any story gameplay.
Staying the hell away from this thread for a while after Wednesday! :lol:
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:30 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I've never understood the Jersey-bashing thing (or the stereotypes). Maybe I just don't live in the portion of NJ where all the dislike gets beamed towards. I've also heard of a highway with a bad odor, but never actually driven/ridden on one like that. It always feels like someone in the distant past made up a bunch of stories about what the whole state is like and everyone took it as fact. I dunno.
Well the Turnpike has a plant or something by it, so it stinks... like all hell. And Jersey Shore is a thing. When I have stopped in NJ I had a good time so I'm not throwing real shade lol.
Ah. I know there's a sewage processing planet by Duck Island; that smells for a little while when you drive past it going east, but that's a by different highway. Never been by the smelly portion of the Turnpike.
*Googles, sees this plant is possibly near Newark.* That is far far away from my regular travels; if it's there, that also explains why I haven't run into it.
The "Jersey Shore" show is so not representative of the shore at large. ^^ Understood.

*Tries to get back to Xenoverse topic*.

Not that big a fan of DLC myself. If it were something that really interested me, I'd buy it, but I don't play enough console games atm to have that issue.
It'll definitely help Shueisha keep any possible new forms for Freeza under wraps though; no one can unlock stuff that isn't downloaded yet.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:50 pm

It's entirely possible that all the content in these DLC packs will already be on the disc and what we're actually buying is unlock codes for said content. If that's the case, Sergio could have God Freeza, if that is actually what was implied by the index codes, for our viewing pleasure very shortly after he gets the game via modding or extraction.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:00 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's entirely possible that all the content in these DLC packs will already be on the disc and what we're actually buying is unlock codes for said content. If that's the case, Sergio could have God Freeza, if that is actually what was implied by the index codes, for our viewing pleasure very shortly after he gets the game via modding or extraction.
It depends on the size of the DLC packs. If it's 100KB, then we're just downloading the key and the content was entirely on-disc. If the size is higher than that, then the DLC content wasn't on-disc or wasn't entirely.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:17 am

Well yeah, as there's no real reason to have a huge file size for just a key.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:20 am

Pudtroller(guessing CAC character) Vs Captain Ginyu (Goku):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kOlgPv9pCE

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:27 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's entirely possible that all the content in these DLC packs will already be on the disc and what we're actually buying is unlock codes for said content. If that's the case, Sergio could have God Freeza, if that is actually what was implied by the index codes, for our viewing pleasure very shortly after he gets the game via modding or extraction.
That would be possible, they definitley would not outright reveal or tell it to us because it's still related to the new film and supposed to be secret, wow I didn't think of the fact that a god frieza could be in one of the expansion dlc packs.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:27 am

Pudtroller? My real name is Pudd ...

Aww they named a character after me

:)

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:29 am

So I guess that's one of Goku's alternate costumes... :wtf: