Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Post by voltlunok » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:Because there's very little proof Dcau characters have what it takes to takes on someone like Piccolo at the world tournament way back in DB
Based on what? You keep saying stuff like this but never back it up. Elaborate, give examples, give details. Just saying it doesn't make it true.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Re: DCAU Darkseid
I actually didn't see him do anything impressive, I've actually watched Superman/Batman apocalypse aswell, and I can't remember anything that impressive.
@Fadeddream5
Goku is definitely a much better puncher than lifter, DB actually has that feat where Bootenks punches Gohans ki blast back at him, straight through the Earth and into space. Gohan ripped the Cell Jrs to pieces with physical blows. Also, I'm pretty sure Goku could punch somebody a lot higher than he used to jump in DB, and that was ridiculously high. I guess the people he fights later can recover from being sent flying and are harder to budge.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:27 pm

voltlunok wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:Because there's very little proof Dcau characters have what it takes to takes on someone like Piccolo at the world tournament way back in DB
Based on what? You keep saying stuff like this but never back it up. Elaborate, give examples, give details. Just saying it doesn't make it true.
Based on them getting ko by things Piccolo would have no problem dishing out

Superman in Young justice got knocked out by an island explosion

Goku can deal out more damage by sneezing

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:31 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:
Dcau Darkseid punch is above Goku based on what?
:crazy:
Based on the fact that Goku and no one in his universe have any physical feats of their own. I've never seen Goku punch someone to space or lift anything heavier than several tons, prior to Super.
Real quick...

Base Super Saiyan Goku can easily punch and kick with 10 tons strapped to each of his arms and legs.

Also, there's very little-- to basically no-- evidence Goku could not punch somebody into space.
Bullza wrote:I found this old comment from Herms about it and he said
They're called "planets" (星/hoshi) in Chouzenshuu 4's entry on "wasabi". But then, Kaio's planet is always called a planet too, even though in real astronomic terms it wouldn't really make the cut. So those planets Beers destroyed might not necessarily be proper planet-sized planets, so to speak.
They could just be small, you're right that they appear that way in relation to Beerus but they don't look small in the way that King Kai's planet was where you could see the road and the trees.

In Super, Beerus had a MFTL feat so I don't know if how quick he went from one planet to the other would be an indicator of their size if he travelled between them at similar speeds.
I'm sorry, but I'm not budging on this one.

With the way they're positioned and by the speed presented, I refuse to believe they're "Earth sized" planets. That's just ludicrous, even from a comedic angle. While Beerus might be insanely fast, that just defies all logic, even as presented in the rest of the series. Also consider that their explosions are no where close to similar to any other normal sized planets, and are much more similar to what we see from King Kai's planet. Furthermore, their explosions overlap Beerus' temple, implying them to both be close in proximity to the temple proper, and closer to the screen than the temple itself.
Honestly Kaiser I am damn surprised you are even here. This is the last thing I'd ever think you'd ever spend time discussing. I am pretty shocked you've made more than one comment on the subject matter.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote: @Fadeddream5
Goku is definitely a much better puncher than lifter, DB actually has that feat where Bootenks punches Gohans ki blast back at him, straight through the Earth and into space. Gohan ripped the Cell Jrs to pieces with physical blows. Also, I'm pretty sure Goku could punch somebody a lot higher than he used to jump in DB, and that was ridiculously high. I guess the people he fights later can recover from being sent flying and are harder to budge.
See, these are good examples.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:39 pm

Cell jr feat is even more impressive because they are more durable than planets

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:46 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:
Based on the fact that Goku and no one in his universe have any physical feats of their own.
But there are plenty of feats:

Goku with a PL of 100 was already destroying 12 inch thick steel walls:

Strength checker:
Chapter: 21, P1.2
Context: Goku and Yamcha try to escape Pilaf's prison
Pilaf: “No matter how they struggle, it’s no use! The walls of the prison are made of 300-millimeter thick steel! The roof is super-strengthened glass! Not even a cannon can break it!”
Note: Goku and Yamcha can’t dent the prison walls, but Oozaru Goku smashes them.
Daizenshuu
Ōzaru: 100
With his battle power becoming ten times its usual, he can even pulverize a 30 cm-thick steel wall. He now has the destructive power of a battleship’s main gun.
Android 8 punched commander white over the horizon
Tao throwing a stone pillar with enough force that it travels 2300km at hypersonic speeds
Saiyan spacepods are durable enough to tank country level explosions:
Gohan obliterated one with a headbutt
Freeza's feats of strength and durability are impressive:

DBZ characters could generate planet destroying amounts of energy in the saiyan saga:
The Daizenshuu also states saiyan saga Vegeta had enough power to destroy the Earth:
http://web.archive.org/web/201110110425 ... attle#link
Vegeta displays gigantic power capable of destroying the Earth.
Saiyan saga Vegeta being able to Earth bust has firm basis as BoZ Piccolo was able to vaporize the moon rather casually
Now Namek is likely much bigger than Earth:

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=16051
Last edited by The Monkey King on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:
voltlunok wrote:
Based on them getting ko by things Piccolo would have no problem dishing out

Superman in Young justice got knocked out by an island explosion

Goku can deal out more damage by sneezing
Oooooh. So basing the entirety of the DCAU on that one thing? Well how about that one time Superman fought Doomsday in Justice League where they fought in the middle of a volcano and were fully submerged in lava? Something that Goku can't do without some protective barrier. Or OH! That one time he took what was it *checks* 3 of Shazam's magic lightning bolts to the chest and shrugged it off? Oh and let's not forget all the crazy stuff from the Superman vs The Elites movie. Tanking what did the guy say? I think it was "50 supernovas to the face!" Yeah I doubt King Piccolo can tank 50 supernovas let alone Goku. Oh and to add some love to the rest of the DCAU cast I'll just leave my favorite scene from JLU. Where the flash runs faster then Brainiac can THINK.

You base your opinion on all the failures but ignore all the strengths.

I'm honestly done with this thread. It's at that point where the only people left are just going to go in circles and circles of "You're wrong!" "No you're wrong!" "NO! You're wrong!!!" "NO U!"

Have a nice day and I do deeply apologize if I come off as dickish.
Last edited by voltlunok on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:56 pm

voltlunok and The Monkey King, great posts! Actual feats. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:00 pm

voltlunok wrote:Oooooh. So basing the entirety of the DCAU on that one thing? Well how about that one time Superman fought Doomsday in Justice League where they fought in the middle of a volcano and were fully submerged in lava? Something that Goku can't do without some protective barrier. Or OH! That one time he took what was it *checks* 3 of Shazam's magic lightning bolts to the chest and shrugged it off? Oh and let's not forget all the crazy stuff from the Superman vs The Elites movie. Tanking what did the guy say? I think it was "50 supernovas to the face!" Yeah I doubt King Piccolo can tank 50 supernovas let alone Goku. Oh and to add some love to the rest of the DCAU cast I'll just leave my favorite scene from JLU.

I'm honestly done with this thread. It's at that point where the only people left are just going to go in circles and circles of "You're wrong!" "No you're wrong!" "NO! You're wrong!!!" "NO U!"

Um I think DCAU is really just another title for the Bruce Timm verse. I don't think every animated flick counts as part of DCAU. DCAU I believe is BTAS, STAS, Justice League, Zeta Project, Static Shock, and Batman Beyond. Everything else you said I think is sound.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:02 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
voltlunok wrote:Oooooh. So basing the entirety of the DCAU on that one thing? Well how about that one time Superman fought Doomsday in Justice League where they fought in the middle of a volcano and were fully submerged in lava? Something that Goku can't do without some protective barrier. Or OH! That one time he took what was it *checks* 3 of Shazam's magic lightning bolts to the chest and shrugged it off? Oh and let's not forget all the crazy stuff from the Superman vs The Elites movie. Tanking what did the guy say? I think it was "50 supernovas to the face!" Yeah I doubt King Piccolo can tank 50 supernovas let alone Goku. Oh and to add some love to the rest of the DCAU cast I'll just leave my favorite scene from JLU.

Um I think DCAU is really just another title for the Bruce Timm verse. I don't think every animated flick counts as part of DCAU. DCAU I believe is BTAS, STAS, Justice League, Zeta Project, Static Shock, and Batman Beyond. Everything else you said I think is sound.
That's correct. I've seen it argued that the Arkham games count too, but I don't think that's right. I haven't bothered to research it or anything, though. And you left out Justice League Unlimited, which is technically a separate show.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:03 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:

Yeah I get that. I just think adding the Superman vs the Elite thing was just kinda...flavoring. Everything else is sound though and I did add a bit at the end about the Flash running faster then Brainiac can think. Though I might go check if Vs the Elite is counted. Hang on.

Edit. No VS the Elite isn't actually counted. In some circles it is but officially it's part of the DC Animated Movie verse.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Yeah I was about to say the same. DCAU is not all animated stuff. That scene where Superman gets punch into space is from Batman/Superman Apocalypse and I'm pretty sure that isn't DCAU. Like I said earlier not all animated showings are weak but the DCAU typically is. Though one big exception that I can think of off the top of my head would be Amazo. They made him very very strong in that, not just strong for DCAU but strong period. Guy could copy any power he saw just by seeing the person that had the power. He didn't even need to see you use the power, and he retained all powers he saw so he combined all of the powers and I'm guessing later on could amplify them. He was teleporting planets to other dimensions simply because they were in his way when he was flying across the Universe (and easily teleporting them back while being lightyears away).

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:47 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:
Based on the fact that Goku and no one in his universe have any physical feats of their own.
But there are plenty of feats:

Goku with a PL of 100 was already destroying 12 inch thick steel walls:

Strength checker:
Chapter: 21, P1.2
Context: Goku and Yamcha try to escape Pilaf's prison
Pilaf: “No matter how they struggle, it’s no use! The walls of the prison are made of 300-millimeter thick steel! The roof is super-strengthened glass! Not even a cannon can break it!”
Note: Goku and Yamcha can’t dent the prison walls, but Oozaru Goku smashes them.
Daizenshuu
Ōzaru: 100
With his battle power becoming ten times its usual, he can even pulverize a 30 cm-thick steel wall. He now has the destructive power of a battleship’s main gun.
Android 8 punched commander white over the horizon
Tao throwing a stone pillar with enough force that it travels 2300km at hypersonic speeds
Saiyan spacepods are durable enough to tank country level explosions:
Gohan obliterated one with a headbutt
Freeza's feats of strength and durability are impressive:

DBZ characters could generate planet destroying amounts of energy in the saiyan saga:
The Daizenshuu also states saiyan saga Vegeta had enough power to destroy the Earth:
http://web.archive.org/web/201110110425 ... attle#link
Vegeta displays gigantic power capable of destroying the Earth.
Saiyan saga Vegeta being able to Earth bust has firm basis as BoZ Piccolo was able to vaporize the moon rather casually
Now Namek is likely much bigger than Earth:

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=16051
Thank you monkey king you hit the nail on the head :)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm not budging on this one.
Well I'm not necessarily saying they are Earth sized but I don't think they're King Kai's planet size either.

These planets
Just don't resemble this
And you're right about the explosions that are basically just a puff of smoke but in Resurrection F (don't know if you've seen it) Beerus does destroy a planet with the vicinity of his temple and that time there is a large explosion which rocks Beerus' planet and Goku and Vegeta shield themselves from it.
Also if they were really small they wouldn't have much in the way of life so I don't see why Whis would be in such a rush to knock Beerus out or as was explained in RoF why he went out of his way to bring two planets back after Beerus recklessly destroyed them.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:02 pm

I really hate that line in Vs. The Elites about it being "like 15 suns going off in his face". That's obviously total nonsense, as that would have destroyed the moon... along with the solar system.

Seriously, you can't just concentrate that much energy into one place and not have huge, expansive consequences. I can understand if he was spouting hyperbole, but it's a gross misrepresentation of that kind of power.
Bullza wrote:Also if they were really small they wouldn't have much in the way of life so I don't see why Whis would be in such a rush to knock Beerus out or as was explained in RoF why he went out of his way to bring two planets back after Beerus recklessly destroyed them.
Because they're still a part of their... home? Their realm? I'm not sure what to call it exactly, but it's obvious that they're a part of their own world, and their destruction would be a hassle for them both. They may not be King Kai sized, but it looks like they're not even the size of our moon.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:15 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:I really hate that line in Vs. The Elites about it being "like 15 suns going off in his face". That's obviously total nonsense, as that would have destroyed the moon... along with the solar system.

Seriously, you can't just concentrate that much energy into one place and not have huge, expansive consequences. I can understand if he was spouting hyperbole, but it's a gross misrepresentation of that kind of power.
Bullza wrote:Also if they were really small they wouldn't have much in the way of life so I don't see why Whis would be in such a rush to knock Beerus out or as was explained in RoF why he went out of his way to bring two planets back after Beerus recklessly destroyed them.
Because they're still a part of their... home? Their realm? I'm not sure what to call it exactly, but it's obvious that they're a part of their own world, and their destruction would be a hassle for them both. They may not be King Kai sized, but it looks like they're not even the size of our moon.
I agree on the vs the elite line i feel like that was an exaggeration plus never in the original comic. On the planets thing in beerus temple maybe in super the clear up the planets size at least to see how big they are at least.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:17 pm

I did not know this actually existed until yesterday. Wonderfully animated fight, they made their point in what was at once the most action-esque but poingiant way. (Of course Kaio was watching the whole thing!)
KaiserNeko wrote:I really hate that line in Vs. The Elites about it being "like 15 suns going off in his face". That's obviously total nonsense, as that would have destroyed the moon... along with the solar system.

I agree, but the strangest part of it is that Dragon Ball's LACK of such visible destruction, when the energy for it is countless times implied to be there, is the greatest fuel for this discussion. Dragon Ball fights have had reason to spread to a galactic plane since Cell, but since none of our chracters can breath in space and Dragon Ball has little precedent for fighting on that scale, we have increasingly stronger people confined to a planet; its why Cell, Buu, and GT felt redundant.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:20 pm

How about that hero, Sentry, from Marvel, who's claimed to have the "power of one million exploding suns"? lol

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:31 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:

How about that hero, Sentry, from Marvel, who's claimed to have the "power of one million exploding suns"? lol
That's... ridiculous, even by superhero comic logic, but that's fine. But releasing that energy into a space is another matter. Also, pretty sure Coldcast was never that strong.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/