"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:55 am

ImageImageImageImageImage

Nothing unexpected...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:21 am

I'm probably wrong but HG4-27 kinda looks like Vegeta:GT in Super Saiyan 2, the hair is slightly different and there's sparks. Could be just a stylistic choice.

Only one Tullece card? Hmmm... And they haven't covered the subsequent forms of Baby Vegeta, I'll guess they'l carry on milking it until the next set. Hopefully they'll cover another movie then.

Also, was looking at the card list on the character folder and one Janemba Baby is listed but with no cards attached. That's weird; maybe it was supposed to be one of those smaller sized versions of the first form, could this mean he was or still is planned?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:20 pm

What it looks like is irrelevant. They skipped SS2 for GT Goku, so it'll just be SS Vegeta in the game, like always. :/

I guess my original prediction might have been right...the Super Oozaru in the announcement threw me off though. lol

Huh. What were you looking at?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:36 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:What it looks like is irrelevant. They skipped SS2 for GT Goku, so it'll just be SS Vegeta in the game, like always. :/

I guess my original prediction might have been right...the Super Oozaru in the announcement threw me off though. lol

Huh. What were you looking at?
Okay, I used Chrome's automatic translator, with that you'll see there's a tab farthest to the right which will enable you to select a character and look for cards under that name. I swear to god it was there but it's not anymore. I wish I had taken a screen shot :<

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:06 am

Not great quality, but GM4's full animated trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imGG3l_izLo

Goku, Gohan, Note and Attack Poll vs. Tulluce's Crusher Corps.
SS Note and Attack Poll staring at Oozaru Gohan

Goku (BASE -_-) vs. Bebi Vegeta
Beet and Support Poll staring at Super Oozaru Goku

BTW, here was your proof that you weren't seeing things with the Janenba Baby/Bebi (ジャネンバベビー) thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6Iwdzmx9k Who knows what it means though. Maybe the SEC will be a fusion of the two, or the mini Janenba's that attacked Goku, or maybe it was just a mistake. Since it was removed, I lean towards the latter, but we'll have to wait and see.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:29 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Not great quality, but GM4's full animated trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imGG3l_izLo
Cool, but I'm confused about how this person did this, where could he have captured the video from?
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:BTW, here was your proof that you weren't seeing things with the Janenba Baby/Bebi (ジャネンバベビー) thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6Iwdzmx9k Who knows what it means though. Maybe the SEC will be a fusion of the two, or the mini Janenba's that attacked Goku, or maybe it was just a mistake. Since it was removed, I lean towards the latter, but we'll have to wait and see.
Yay, good to know I'm not insane yet.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:55 am

Great vid- wait, why is the old song playing?! :?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:06 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Great vid- wait, why is the old song playing?! :?
That's not the original video, it was sort of remade by the uploader, somehow. I just wonder where he got the footage in the first place.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 am

DNA wrote:That's not the original video, it was sort of remade by the uploader, somehow. I just wonder where he got the footage in the first place.
There are special videos that those of us outside Japan will never see. Like, occasionally they advertise press conference like videos for upcoming sets that only air on the main page for a limited time, though most of the fanbase will get the "This video is not available blah blah" like we do for some of the others.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:41 am

DNA wrote:I just wonder where he got the footage in the first place.
Probably from that place?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:16 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Probably from that place?
Which is the same video that's supposed to be hosted on the main Heroes page right now...

We really need someone from Japan who is actually interested in keeping up with this game so that they can rip the commercials when they are actually available. XD

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:55 pm

I wonder if they will ever give SSj transformations to other characters like Radditz, Nappa and Tullece? Most people never thought SSj Bardock will ever happen but it did.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder if they will ever give SSj transformations to other characters like Radditz, Nappa and Tullece? Most people never thought SSj Bardock will ever happen but it did.
All three of them aren't nearly as popular as Bardock, Trunks, Vegeta, Broli, etc. to be given a new transformation. But I guess they could get it once they run out of material.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:47 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Not great quality, but GM4's full animated trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imGG3l_izLo

Goku, Gohan, Note and Attack Poll vs. Tulluce's Crusher Corps.
SS Note and Attack Poll staring at Oozaru Gohan

Goku (BASE -_-) vs. Bebi Vegeta
Beet and Support Poll staring at Super Oozaru Goku

BTW, here was your proof that you weren't seeing things with the Janenba Baby/Bebi (ジャネンバベビー) thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg6Iwdzmx9k Who knows what it means though. Maybe the SEC will be a fusion of the two, or the mini Janenba's that attacked Goku, or maybe it was just a mistake. Since it was removed, I lean towards the latter, but we'll have to wait and see.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time we've seen Bebi-Vegeta animated since 1997? :D
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 am

CashmanX wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time we've seen Bebi-Vegeta animated since 1997? :D
He was just animated ~3 months ago in the GM3 commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwkBMn6Y_Bc lol

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:38 am

Is there any place to find a lot of the artwork used in DB Heroes?
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:40 am

Avenged wrote:Is there any place to find a lot of the artwork used in DB Heroes?
There: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon ... es#Gallery

Baby Janemba (ジャネンバベビー)?

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:53 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
CashmanX wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time we've seen Bebi-Vegeta animated since 1997? :D
He was just animated ~3 months ago in the GM3 commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwkBMn6Y_Bc lol
:O That song was awesome!!!
What song it it?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:32 am

JeffJarrett wrote:Baby Janemba (ジャネンバベビー)?

*snip.jpg*
Can't see shit buddy, link is broken apparently. [link is back]
songohan619 wrote::O That song was awesome!!!
What song it it?
That's the Galaxy Mission theme song.

Edit: Nevermind JeffJarrett, copied the link and pasted it on the url bar and WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT D:

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:51 am

There are other photo of this card on the web:

Google the Japanese name (ジャネンバベビー) to see more