Which opening would you have prefered for Kai?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

couz808

Which opening would you have prefered for Kai?

Post by couz808 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Vekurotto
Regular

Post by Vekurotto » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:10 pm

I honestly would've like Cha-La instead of Dragon Soul. While Dragon Soul is an amazing song it Cha-La is just legendary and is as much a part of Dragon Ball as the Dragon Balls themselves lol.
Be grateful the filler in Dragon Ball doesn't suck like the 3rd arc of Rurouni Kenshin.

[size=59][quote="Onikage725"]Anakin: I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating…hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me…what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.

Me: YES! Please shut the fuck up!![/quote][/size]

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:42 pm

As much as I love Cha-La Head-Cha-La, I'm very happy with the new opening. It's so new and refreshing and definitely not bad!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:55 pm

I will be little annoyed by Chala again, but I will be pleased if Kageyama was performing the Dragon Soul, that will be the real spirit od Dragon Ball for me...... If there is opening to something Dragon Ball related, I always think about Kageyama..... Or with song like this I will be pleased.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AY8XwTLxnU
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Kageyama throws more passion into his singing and really belts it out; so as peppy and fun as Dragon Soul is, it's not nearly as good at getting you revved up for an episode as Head-Cha-La is.

So yeah, my general consensus is I like Head-Cha-La better, but I still enjoy Dragon Soul.

I hope that Mr. Kageyama gets to sing future opening themes to Kai whenever they're created.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:53 pm

I find HEAD CHA LA to be vastly overrated, but Dragon Soul kind of disappointed me, and I ended up falling in love with Yeah! Break! Care! Break! instead.

They're both good songs, but they're pretty much at the same level, in terms of quality of each song, in my honest opinion. Either of them work just fine.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Masako-kun
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Masako-kun » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah, Yeah! Break! is the one I prefer strangely. Usually EDs aren't as well remembered as the OPs are...but this time I love the ED more! :D

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:32 pm

I like Head Cha-La for DBZ. I like Dragon Soul for Kai. I know that they're the same story but Head Cha-La would sound weird next to the rest of the Kai BGM. It would be similar to how it felt odd for me hearing Rock the Dragon to open up the original FUNi DBZ Season 3 dub on VHS. The OP and the BGM are both from the dub but all the US dub scores give off a different feel even if they are all similar.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Dragon Soul. After seeing Cha La Head Cha La used for 199 episodes in DBZ, it got kind of old. :lol:

kusakun004
Beyond Newbie

Post by kusakun004 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 pm

ShinRogafuken wrote:Dragon Soul. After seeing Cha La Head Cha La used for 199 episodes in DBZ, it got kind of old. :lol:
I second this. At least there is something new to listen to instead of the same thing over and over. At least Cha-La didn't get old as fast as Zenkai Power. By the 20th episode I was ready to throw my speakers out the window. Now if Kai used DAN DAN...
GT is underrated and the International Channel will always be my favorite channel for foreign programming. I still miss it.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:46 pm

kusakun004 wrote:
ShinRogafuken wrote:Dragon Soul. After seeing Cha La Head Cha La used for 199 episodes in DBZ, it got kind of old. :lol:
I second this. At least there is something new to listen to instead of the same thing over and over. At least Cha-La didn't get old as fast as Zenkai Power. By the 20th episode I was ready to throw my speakers out the window. Now if Kai used DAN DAN...
You know, I really wished DB/Z had as many opening changes as One Piece. One Piece has 11 openings as of now over 395 episodes.

While Cha-La was good, I don't think it should've been used after the Freeza Saga (or maybe even Saiyan, seriously.)

Zeroplus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zeroplus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:15 pm

If anyone doesn't say Cha-La, then they hate dragon ball as a whole.
F OFF GOOTECKS!

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:21 pm

CHA LA is not special; I bet my left testicle if it wasn't used as long as it was, no one would give a shit about it. At least not to a certain point of shit-giving.

I give that it's better than Dragon Soul, but that's like saying a clean blank sheet of paper is better than clean blank sheet of paper with a slightly bent bottom right edge.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Vekurotto
Regular

Post by Vekurotto » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:31 pm

ShinRogafuken wrote:You know, I really wished DB/Z had as many opening changes as One Piece. One Piece has 11 openings as of now over 395 episodes
Oh god no. I don't even like any of those themes other than "We Are!" so if Dragon Ball Z would've got the same treatment I would've cried. I like the fact that the OPs for the anime actually meant something rather than to just be a song to put credits on *cough* All of the One Piece OP and EDs that I saw other than OP 1 and EDs 2 and 4 *cough*.
Be grateful the filler in Dragon Ball doesn't suck like the 3rd arc of Rurouni Kenshin.

[size=59][quote="Onikage725"]Anakin: I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating…hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me…what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:32 pm

If Dragon Ball was made in this day and age they would have ditched Cha La Head Cha La by the time Namek was introduced and by the end Dragon Ball would have had 8 openings and 9 endings. The only reason people like Head Cha La so much is because it was used for so long.

Vekurotto
Regular

Post by Vekurotto » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:If Dragon Ball was made in this day and age they would have ditched Cha La Head Cha La by the time Namek was introduced and by the end Dragon Ball would have had 8 openings and 9 endings. The only reason people like Head Cha La so much is because it was used for so long.
But it's the central theme that people remember the most. Think about it One Piece has a gillion OPs but the one people like the most, certainly I do, was the very first one because it imbodies One Piece. If you hear any other of the themes you wouldn't think "One Piece" like you would if you heard "We Are!" for example, much like with Dragon Ball where it only takes somebody to play a little bit of Cha-La and you instantly think of DBZ.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:The only reason people like Head Cha La so much is because it was used for so long.
Says who based on what?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm going with Dragon Soul. As much as I love Head-Cha-La, (and excluding the dub), I was introduced to Dragon Soul.

It helps that the song is awesome.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 pm

As much as I like Chala, if I want to see it, I can just look it up on youtube. I like the new opening just fine, and I'm always happy to see something new and Dragon Ball related. So yeah, I'm kind of glad we didn't just get Chala again, in a way. Jump Special already did it and it was good.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Vekurotto wrote:
ShinRogafuken wrote:You know, I really wished DB/Z had as many opening changes as One Piece. One Piece has 11 openings as of now over 395 episodes
Oh god no. I don't even like any of those themes other than "We Are!" so if Dragon Ball Z would've got the same treatment I would've cried. I like the fact that the OPs for the anime actually meant something rather than to just be a song to put credits on *cough* All of the One Piece OP and EDs that I saw other than OP 1 and EDs 2 and 4 *cough*.
Umm, you're at a minority though. Most people like the other One Piece openings more than We Are.

Come on, Cha La wasn't that superb. It was great, but after 200 eps it got old.