GT Question

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

GT Question

Post by El_Diablo » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:06 pm

In an episode on Planet M2 (number 18 of the original run, I think) when Goku is talking about General Rilldo's power, the FUNimation and Blue Water dubs say that the general is "as strong as Buu". Is this in the original version? I've seen some translations that say it is not but other people swear that he says it.

I got suspicious when it was said in the Blue Water dub, since that usually has decent translations. FUNimation I could understand, they seem to like adding dialogue. Was one dub copying the other or was it in the J. version?

OT: What exactly does Rilldo (or Rirudo, whatever you want to call him) translate to?
Where's the beef?

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:14 pm

I seem to recall that one company uses the same names, titles, script and so the same as Funimation (can't remember if Ocean or not!).
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:24 pm

Ocean only did that for DBZ. In GT they used exactly translated episode titles. The script is different as well.
Where's the beef?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: GT Question

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:31 pm

El_Diablo wrote:In an episode on Planet M2 (number 18 of the original run, I think) when Goku is talking about General Rilldo's power, the FUNimation and Blue Water dubs say that the general is "as strong as Buu". Is this in the original version? I've seen some translations that say it is not but other people swear that he says it.

I got suspicious when it was said in the Blue Water dub, since that usually has decent translations. FUNimation I could understand, they seem to like adding dialogue. Was one dub copying the other or was it in the J. version?

OT: What exactly does Rilldo (or Rirudo, whatever you want to call him) translate to?
Nope; in the episode in question, Goku actually says that Rild is even stronger than Majin Boo. He doesn't say which form of Boo, which leaves me to believe he meant Kid Boo, but it's still completly ridiculous in any case.

Hikari_dashita
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hikari_dashita » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:03 am

I took it as he meant Fat buu, as otherwise that would be ridiculous, as Fat Buu was strong enough to take out people like kurillian and pan, but kid buu, nearly defeated a fully powered gokuu and vegeta.

Remember Goku's power is supposively reduced by him beign a kid again.
NEKOJIN =^.^=

Nekojin =^.^=

Ya I like cat people so what?

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:52 pm

I love this series the more I know about it.

I believe Goku is refering to Kid Buu. The problem with GT is that you can't VISUALLY tell how strong any of the characters are, because, well, nothing they do is really impressive with all the chaos that went on in DBZ.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."