Girlfriends?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyanBlood

Post by SaiyanBlood » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:50 am

The Tori-bot wrote:
SaiyanBlood wrote:Hmm,you have a sense of sarcasm, The Tori-bot.
Who, me? Oh, no, not at all! Whatever gave you that impression?

[/sarcasm]

:P
Meep. Words unneeded. :D

Where I live many people like Dragonball, but not the fanatic type of way...They'd just shrug and say Dragonball was okay. But they're always ready to share their thoughts about the characters of the series, particularly the boys. Many teachers I talked to also said that they thought that Dragonball was for both boys and girls, not boys only.

Meep. Agreed.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:05 am

Rory wrote:In this thread, we try to pretend we have significant others to compare e-penises!
Oh you guys!
He says what we're all thinking! :D
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:36 am

Rory wrote:In this thread, we try to pretend we have significant others to compare e-penises!
Oh you guys!
There's also quite a bit of fishing for a girlfriend going on here.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:57 am

Man, a Dragonball-loving boyfriend would be fantastic (especially if he was cool with those green dudes). Anyone I'd want to get involved with would at least have to respect my love of the show <_< It's one of those hard rules, like must like cats.

This is a pretty awesome little set of stories to read ^^ I wish I could add in to it better but I've never had a boyfriend. I do have a lot of really awesome memories of running to settle in front of the tv after school (before doing homework, scandalous!) with my younger and older brothers that first run of the second half of Freezer some... ten years ago, damn. I have had a decent amount of opportunities to share my fandom with other people in the last decade, I've been lucky up here in Philly. Grated it hasn't gone so well lately but I gotta hope it'll work out again. If you don't you just go crazy.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:09 am

Innagadadavida wrote:Well with the success rate so far, Daizex should consider starting a match-making service.

Ladies! I'm single. Form a line to the right for make-outs. And guys, form a line to the left for high-fives.
And here I thought you always were a woman :p

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:12 am

Velasa wrote: This is a pretty awesome little set of stories to read ^^ I wish I could add in to it better but I've never had a boyfriend. I do have a lot of really awesome memories of running to settle in front of the tv after school (before doing homework, scandalous!) with my younger and older brothers that first run of the second half of Freezer some... ten years ago, damn. I have had a decent amount of opportunities to share my fandom with other people in the last decade, I've been lucky up here in Philly. Grated it hasn't gone so well lately but I gotta hope it'll work out again. If you don't you just go crazy.
I assure you that you aren't the only one who's never have been in a relationship. If that makes you feel better, I never had a girlfriend, let alone one who's interested in Dragon Ball. If I get to have a girlfriend who's never watched DB, I will wait until we got married. I will show her DBZ's power that's worth over 9,000! If she's already familiar with it or likes it, then it's a bonus for me. :D
RoarkVegeta wrote:My girlfriend walked in on me screaming "KAIOKEN!" She was like o_O
13 years old has a girlfriend? :?
The Time Traveller wrote:Agh, I'll probably never find a girlfriend, let alone one that likes Dragon Ball.
Seconded. Although I can find a girlfriend easily when the time's right.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:25 am

Haha, oh man, some time ago a friend of mine tried to set me up with a guy. I had Goku as my MSN Messenger avatar. He asked me, "Are you a dragonball fan?" I said: "Uhu, you bet!" And then he said "I hate it."

That's when I realized we could never be... XD Considering my life kind of revolves around DragonBall.

I mean, not watch it? Sure. But HATE it?! Sorry pal! :lol:

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:53 am

You mean to tell me that I haven't commented in this thread yet? Weird.

As some of you already know I have a girlfriend and she does like Dragonball. She doesn't like it nearly as much as I do, but she still likes it a lot. She watched a lot of the dub on CN back when it first aired. Then, after moving in with me years later, she read my entire collection of VIZ DB/Z manga and then we watched significant portions of Dragonball and Dragonball Z together in Japanese.

She's kind of a comics/animation fan to begin with, though. She reads a decent amount of manga, sometimes she'll read American graphic novels (like my Batman and TMNT stuff), and she watches some anime and a lot of cartoons. She's mostly into Invader Zim, Thundercats, Hajime No Ippo, Detecive Conan, Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Batman: The Animated Series. Except for the Batman stuff, I like that stuff but I'm not fanatical about it. And with her she likes stuff like TMNT, Dragonball, etc. but she isn't fanatical over it like I am.

So, while some could say I really lucked out, I kinda went for someone who was already into animation and comics in the first place so it's not like it was hard for me to get her to read Dragonball manga and watch Dragonball anime in Japanese.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

FistOfTheSun
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FistOfTheSun » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:01 am

Wow this topic is like a bar...

But instead of offering someone a drink, people are just openly whining about how lonely they are...

I kid, I kid :lol:
Harass me here - http://www.facebook.com/jake.reed2

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:10 am

>_>

Dude. Is there a problem with me having a girlfriend?

Or are you jealous? ∞_∞

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:16 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:13 years old has a girlfriend? :?
My wife and I have been together since we were 12. :?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:17 am

Big Boss wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:13 years old has a girlfriend? :?
My wife and I have been together since we were 12. :?
You must really love her.