Kai Episode 14 (05 July 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Agreed! There are so many classic moments in Kanto arc. Johto too. Scenes such as Ash leaving Pikachu with bunch of Pikachu. Scyther and Pinsir annihilating the city with 2 gangs. Pikachu's first attack on Team Rocket, etcs. I can't stop loving that arc. Orange Island arc was good too. I haven't seen latest episodes of Jophto arc. I wonder if Ash won Johto League? Anyway, I really miss "You otta Catch 'em All!" line :cry:

IMO, there are some Pokemon moments that may be better than DB series.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:31 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Agreed! There are so many classic moments in Kanto arc. Johto too. Scenes such as Ash leaving Pikachu with bunch of Pikachu. Scyther and Pinsir annihilating the city with 2 gangs. Pikachu's first attack on Team Rocket, etcs. I can't stop loving that arc. Orange Island arc was good too. I haven't seen latest episodes of Jophto arc. I wonder if Ash won Johto League? Anyway, I really miss "You otta Catch 'em All!" line :cry:

IMO, there are some Pokemon moments that may be better than DB series.
No, he didn't win.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:37 pm

I can hardly tolerate the Pokemon dub at all now, especially since they changed the voice actors.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:01 pm

jda95 wrote:I can hardly tolerate the Pokemon dub at all now, especially since they changed the voice actors.
I hate this complaint. People only hate the new voice actors because of their nostalgia goggles. The P.U.S.A dub is way better then the 4kids dub and the voice actors do a pretty freakin' good job. Sure they started out sounding a little weird but so did the original V.A's.

I don't care for gen 3 and gen 4 so I don't follow that portion of the anime religiously. May and Max were awful characters from what I saw though.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:04 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
jda95 wrote:I can hardly tolerate the Pokemon dub at all now, especially since they changed the voice actors.
I hate this complaint. People only hate the new voice actors because of their nostalgia goggles. The P.U.S.A dub is way better then the 4kids dub and the voice actors do a pretty freakin' good job. Sure they started out sounding a little weird but so did the original V.A's.

I don't care for gen 3 and gen 4 so I don't follow that portion of the anime religiously. May and Max were awful characters from what I saw though.
Well, that's kinda true. PUSA is much better with paint edits and the like, but I prefer the original anyway, and now that the voices that I have memories of are gone, why bother?

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:23 pm

jda95 wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:

Well, that's kinda true. PUSA is much better with paint edits and the like, but I prefer the original anyway, and now that the voices that I have memories of are gone, why bother?
Well if you watch the show just to think "boy these voices remind me of a time when the show was good! Sure I don't have any interest in the plot but these sure are the voices from the episodes I used to like!" then I really don't see why you'd even watch anything but the episodes you have a genuine interest in.

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Can't believe i just had to read a bunch of posts on the pokemon anime. Where are the mods.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Undercooked Sausage wrote:Can't believe i just had to read a bunch of posts on the pokemon anime. Where are the mods.
Umm... don't read them, then...?

Topic, folks. Stay on it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:39 am

Japan's animation TV ratings for June 29 - July 5:

Sazae-san - 15.3

Crayon Shin-chan - 10.7

Dragon Ball Kai - 10.7

One Piece - 10.6

Doraemon - 9.4

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:10 am

Holy Crap, Dragon Ball and One Piece are within 0.1 of each other!

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Undercooked Sausage wrote:Can't believe i just had to read a bunch of posts on the pokemon anime. Where are the mods.
Yeah I tell ya what when I saw dat dere "Pokemon" word I said to myself I said dis is another post bout' Pokemon I should stop doing that dang ol' readin' thing but I just had to keep on readin' to see if they'd bring up Kai in the last sentence.

HURP DURP

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:46 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
jda95 wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote: I hate this complaint. People only hate the new voice actors because of their nostalgia goggles. The P.U.S.A dub is way better then the 4kids dub and the voice actors do a pretty freakin' good job. Sure they started out sounding a little weird but so did the original V.A's.

Well if you watch the show just to think "boy these voices remind me of a time when the show was good! Sure I don't have any interest in the plot but these sure are the voices from the episodes I used to like!" then I really don't see why you'd even watch anything but the episodes you have a genuine interest in.
Since I can make a Dragon Ball comparison with this, I shall...
...This argument is really the same as the whole Ocean v. FUNi debate.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:25 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
Yeah I tell ya what when I saw dat dere "Pokemon" word I said to myself I said dis is another post bout' Pokemon I should stop doing that dang ol' readin' thing but I just had to keep on readin' to see if they'd bring up Kai in the last sentence.

HURP DURP
Why are you trolling/mocking me for wanting the thread to stay on topic? It's not that big of a deal if it's just a minor aside but I'd check the thread for updates only to see more pokemon discussion. Some of us don't really have the ability to watch Dragonball Kai due to regional difficulties and shitty internet connections and rely on these threads and the kanzentai summaries to know what is going on.

Also not sure why you are lazily mocking me with some southern accent when my location in my profile indicates I'm from Illinois. Learn to board harder dude
Last edited by Undercooked Sausage on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Undercooked Sausage wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:

HURP DURP
Why are you trolling/mocking me for wanting the thread to stay on topic?
He isn't...it's called sarcasm, something this board appears to be lacking in understanding at the moment.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Undercooked Sausage wrote:
Why are you trolling/mocking me for wanting the thread to stay on topic? It's not that big of a deal if it's just a minor aside but I'd check the thread for updates only to see more pokemon discussion. Some of us don't really have the ability to watch Dragonball Kai due to regional difficulties and shitty internet connections and rely on these threads and the kanzentai summaries to know what is going on.

Also not sure why you are lazily mocking me with some southern accent when my location in my profile indicates I'm from Illinois. Learn to board harder dude
I'm being sarcastic because you acted like we forced you to read our discussion and you demanded the mods be sent to punish us for our small off topic convo. As for the southern accent I had Hank Hill on my mind because of mother fucking Metalwario's avatar.

That is all I tell ya what.

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Well it's frustrating to be mocked when all I'm trying to do is keep the thread on topic but whatever.

Not trying to be the bad guy here but I don't give fuck all about Pokemon.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Undercooked Sausage wrote:Well it's frustrating to be mocked when all I'm trying to do is keep the thread on topic but whatever.

Not trying to be the bad guy here but I don't give fuck all about Pokemon
So is it safe to assume you haven't caught them all?

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Oh believe me, I caught all those fuckers back in the nineties.

EDIT: i already watch one childrens cartoon(DB) though, I'm not about to sink to even lower depths of geekdom and begin deconstructing the pokemon 4kids dub.
Last edited by Undercooked Sausage on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:38 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
Undercooked Sausage wrote:Well it's frustrating to be mocked when all I'm trying to do is keep the thread on topic but whatever.

Not trying to be the bad guy here but I don't give fuck all about Pokemon
So is it safe to assume you haven't caught them all?
:lol:

You gotta catch em all, matey. Where the heck is Luffy when I need him the most?! I assume the next gen will have pirate Pokemon?

Not trying to be the bad guy here but I don't give fuck all about Pokemon.
This guy's our next troll! He whines every time we mention Pokemon. :lol:
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Undercooked Sausage wrote:Oh believe me, I caught all those fuckers back in the nineties.
Well played my tapeworm inducing meaty friend...well played.