Full Character AUDIO Rosters (DBZ 1, 2, 3)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Full Character AUDIO Rosters (DBZ 1, 2, 3)

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:43 pm

LAST UPDATED: 21 November 2004 @ 1:01 pm Eastern (addition of audio files, extra notes)

Just went through the first Budokai game's audio files. Here's the final list from the American retail versions of all three games. I'm using some dub spellings where "appropriate" (with the exception of "Freeza") to show as they are literally spoken in Eric Vale's announcer voice.

I will be posting audio files up on the main page in a second, and editing this post with important thoughts. There are corresponding notes below each game's list.

DRAGONBALL Z: BUDOKAI
  • Goku
  • Gohan
  • Vegeta
  • Krillin
  • Trunks
  • Piccolo
  • Tien
  • Yamcha
  • Raditz
  • Nappa
  • Ginyu
  • Recoome
  • Zarbon [ MP3 Clip ]
  • Dodoria [ MP3 Clip ]
  • Freeza
  • Android 16
  • Android 17
  • Android 18
  • Android 19 [ MP3 Clip ]
  • Cell
  • Hercule
  • Great Saiyaman
  • Saibaman [ MP3 Clip ]
  • Cell Jr. [ MP3 Clip ]
  • Kui [ MP3 Clip ]
NOTES: The final three characters (Saibaman, Cell Jr., and Kui) have never been confirmed as playable characters. Saibaman and Cell Jr. are both NON-PLAYABLE characters, which you fight against in story-mode. The only exception to this rule is the strange "What-If?" story in which Cell absorbs Kuririn (see this page for more information); however, this is in story mode, and gets no character name or announcement. This "absorption" is not confirmed to be playable elsewhere, as well. Kui shows up in story mode, but as neither a playable or not-playable character (he simply speaks). It is unknown whether or not Kui was intended to be a playable character and was simply not finished in time, or if he is a "super hidden character" that has never been discovered. No Gameshark/etc. "unlock" codes are known for Kui, Cell Jr., and/or Saibaman, to be used as PLAYABLE characters.

DRAGONBALL Z: BUDOKAI 2
  • Goku
  • Gohan
  • Vegeta
  • Krillin
  • Trunks
  • Piccolo
  • Tien
  • Yamcha
  • Raditz
  • Nappa
  • Ginyu
  • Recoome
  • Freeza
  • Android 16
  • Android 17
  • Android 18
  • Cell
  • Hercule
  • Great Saiyaman
  • Dr. Gero
  • Goten
  • Majin Buu
  • Dabura
  • Videl
  • Supreme Kai
NOTES: There are no surprises, what-so-ever, with this list. This is the first game to feature fusions; however, fusions cannot be used in "World Tournament" mode, where characters are announced by name. Even if they were, fusion characters are not their own separate characters, and would have to be started by a single, regular character (who would be listed above, anyway).

JAPANESE VERSION NOTES: The audio announcements of the character roster in the Japanese version is exactly the same, in the exact same order (with, of course, a Japanese announcer and the original characters' names); beginning to end, and everything in-between, it is the same. The Japanese release of this game featured an additional playable character, Kuriza; however, Kuriza was an alternate outfit for Freeza, and is not a separate character, therefore not receiving a new name announcement.

DRAGONBALL Z: BUDOKAI 3
  • Goku
  • Gohan
  • Vegeta
  • Krillin
  • Trunks
  • Piccolo
  • Tien
  • Yamcha
  • Raditz
  • Nappa
  • Captain Ginyu
  • Recoome
  • Zarbon [ MP3 Clip ]
  • Dodoria [ MP3 Clip ]
  • Freeza
  • Android 16
  • Android 17
  • Android 18
  • Android 19 [ MP3 Clip ]
  • Cell
  • Mr. Satan
  • Great Saiyaman
  • Saibaman
  • Cell Jr.
  • Dr. Gero
  • Goten
  • Majin Buu
  • Dabura
  • Videl
  • Supreme Kai
  • Shin [ MP3 Clip ]
  • Uub
  • Cooler
  • Bardock
  • Broly
  • Omega Shenron
  • Saibaman
  • Cell Jr.
  • Bulma [ MP3 Clip ]
NOTES: As of this post's writing, the following characters in parenthesis have not been confirmed with in-game fighting shots as playable characters (Zarbon, Dodoria, Android 19, Bulma). Everyone else has been confirmed, and can be obtained with normal gameplay rules. The announcement recordings for the following characters in parenthesis (Zarbon, Dodoria, Android 19) are not the same as their Budokai 1 counter-parts, and appear to be all-new recordings. Bulma is seen in the 11th stage of "Training" mode with an in-game character model; Tiffany Vollmer can be seen performing Bulma in-game fighting sounds on the Collector's Edition bonus DVD; no actual, normal-play, in-game shots of Bulma have been proven/shown. "Saibaman" and "Cell Jr." each have two entries/audio files contained on the disc (thus the double-inclusion); reason is unknown.

JAPANESE VERSION NOTES: This game has not yet been released in Japan, and there have been no indications as to any extras, including any possible additional characters/fusions/etc.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:52 pm

This is all interesting, and makes me sad that Kui never saw sunlight.

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:56 pm

Sorry if this is Off Topic, but in the US Budokai 2, did the text above Dr. Gero say "Dr. Gero"?

In the euro version, the text said "Android #20", but "Dr. Gero" was announced.
Where's the beef?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:37 pm

First, we need to find someone who can rip the game apart and see if Kui's in there somewhere. Even if he's only like 20% complete or something...

Second, yeah, it says Android 20 in the text here too but is announced as Dr. Gero (at least in B2. I don't get B3 till tomorrow, stupid customs).
Last edited by Xyex on Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:02 pm

I'm very suprised with Kui, Cell Jr, and Saibamen having their own announcements in Budokai 1, I wonder why they never made the cut (especially since Cell Jrs and Saibamen were already complete)

I'm also very confused with Budokai 3 now; when playing on Namek as Vegeta, you can "encounter" Dodoria and Zarbon in seperate events, but both times, neither of them are seen or heard, and Vegeta simply kills them. HOWEVER, at the back of the instruction booklet, the voice actors for Dodoria and #19 are listed. Very, very strange...

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:21 am

How would you look for audio files on a video game? Just put it in your coumputer and search through files? Cause I just put in my Budokai 1 Japanese version (for GameCube) in mine and all it did was freeze my coumputer.

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:24 am

Could it simply be a case of the developers setting up the voice acting, but deciding not to put in the work on the actual characters/running out of time?
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:28 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:How would you look for audio files on a video game? Just put it in your coumputer and search through files? Cause I just put in my Budokai 1 Japanese version (for GameCube) in mine and all it did was freeze my coumputer.
Well, that's because you put * a Gamecube game * in your computer :P. GC's format is totally proprietary, and not compatible with typical CD/DVD-ROM devices.

Many audio files on PS2 games can be found within AFS audio batches, further encoded as ADX files. I will not answer questions on how to go about finding utilities and documentation, because it is simply a lot of command-line MS-DOS work that I don't feel like explaining. There is an older thread with links and information, but please do not post anything in there if you find it; it's old, and I don't like necroposting.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:09 am

I think the American script was just setting things up for the Japanese version's extras... Like Chibi Goku's DU, etc, etc...

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:16 am

VegettoEX wrote: because it is simply a lot of command-line MS-DOS work that I don't feel like explaining.

It isn't that much :wink: . But when I say that, I'm not expecting him to explain it to anyone. It is very easy to figure out if you're willing to spend some time on Google. If I can do it, then I know most people can.

Also, might want to edit your MP3 links in the post above. Budokai 1's 19 announcement is under Budokai 3 and vice versa.

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:20 am

Upon digging in gscentral.com's list, I found a game called "Dragon Ball Z", which is probably Budokai 1, listed with the Japanese name in the UK list for some reason. And I found interesting stuff:

http://www.gscentral.com/codes.pl?dev=a ... 20Ball%20Z

Special Character P1

11 Play As Saibaiman FE405A9A BCA99B99
12 Play As Cell Jr FE405A9A BCA99B9A

Special Character P2

13 Play As Saibaiman FE405AA6 BCA99B99
14 Play As Cell Jr FE405AA6 BCA99B9A

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:05 pm

ThunderPX wrote:Upon digging in gscentral.com's list, I found a game called "Dragon Ball Z", which is probably Budokai 1, listed with the Japanese name in the UK list for some reason. And I found interesting stuff:

http://www.gscentral.com/codes.pl?dev=a ... 20Ball%20Z

Special Character P1

11 Play As Saibaiman FE405A9A BCA99B99
12 Play As Cell Jr FE405A9A BCA99B9A

Special Character P2

13 Play As Saibaiman FE405AA6 BCA99B99
14 Play As Cell Jr FE405AA6 BCA99B9A
Whooaaaaa this could prove interesting for our Gameshark/Action Replay owners.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:41 pm

Damn, those only work on the UK version, don't they?

On a similar note, these capsules are available through the Action Replay MAX on Budokai 2:
Other Items

Acid
1Y20-0PN1-9478F
A8NG-N8R8-083QZ

Pumpkin Crush
0MQF-7XTT-JGQAV
AUGT-A3AC-DW8WG

Gatling Carrot
7MW6-AJW6-4BF1Y
9G1U-FJQK-9MKDF

Kamehameha
9X0C-UHEJ-HQAYR
55FU-UE42-EPRZJ

Ultimate Attack
BW87-WXN4-63XW9
QF6E-0MGU-D2KF9

Cybernetic Shooter
0DYC-98MT-7URT3
W474-9UP9-5VY9H

Machine Gun Attack
EC0P-XN7N-XVC37
FK5C-DQX8-QRQJT
Note that none of these are Skill Capsules. However, I have tried these codes, as well as their Gameshark counterparts, and they simply freeze the game whenever I go to look at my capsules.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:53 am

Acid

Pumpkin Crush

Gatling Carrot

Kamehameha

Ultimate Attack

Cybernetic Shooter

Machine Gun Attack
Those are Cell Jrs/Saibaimen capsules. The game probably freezes because you haven't unlocked them, so they can't receive those capsules(yes, there's also the problem of those two don't being unlockable...)