GT Attacks, Take 2

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The S
I Live Here

GT Attacks, Take 2

Post by The S » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:18 pm

I decided I'd make a new topic concerning this instead of necroposting in my old one:

To my knowledge, there is no real list of DBGT's attacks. I've made it my mission (or rather one of my missions) to gather as much information on this subject as possible.

Below you'll find all new attacks that I have come across. They are listed in alphabetical order by English name where applicable. The Japanese name, if known is below the English name.

10x Kamehameha-
Japanese Name: Jyuubeh Kamehameha
Who used it: Goku
Goku's first new attack as a Super Saiyan 4, it is a Kamehameha that is ten times more powerful than a normal one. For some reason, he also uses it as a Super Saiyan 1 in the Gameboy Advance game Taiketsu.

Air Shattering Energy Balls
Japanese Name: ???
Who used it: Oceanus Shenron (Ryuu Shinlong)
Oceanus fires a barrage of bubble-like projectiles.

Almighty Light Cage-
Japanese Name: Hell Buster
Who used it: Freeza and Cell
This is Cell and Freeza's team-up technique they use to send Goku down further into Hell.

Big Bang Kamehameha-
Japanese Name: Big Bang Kamehameha
Who used it: Gogeta
A powerful blast that is part Big Bang Attack, part Kamehameha. Only used by Gogeta as a Super Saiyan 4.

Dragon Thunder Clap-
Who used it: Rage Shenron (Uu Shenron)
Uu creates large bolts of lighting with his hands.

Electric Slime Body Build-
Who used it: Rage Shenron (Uu Shinlong)
The gooey, slimy, electric substance that this dragon uses to attack Goku and Pan is called forth and constructs a new body for him.

Electro Eclipse Bomb-
Japanese Name: Dengeki Jigokunodama
Who used it: Super Android 17 (Suupa Jyuunanagou)
A large, blackish energy ball ki attack that Super 17 creates using the power he's absorbed from his opponents' ki attacks. He uses it to destroy Dr. Myuu.

Final Shine Attack-
Japanese Name: Final Shine Attack
Who used it: Vegeta
Like a more powerful, green, generic-looking one handed Final Flash. He gathers the ki into the palm of one hand and lets it loose with explosive results.

Flaming Death Ball-
Japanese: Fire Revenge Death Ball
Who used it: Baby Vegeta (Golden Oozaru)
A more powerful version of the Revenge Death Ball.

Golden Oozaru-
Japanese Name: Golden Oozaru
Who used it: Goku, Vegeta, and Baby Vegeta
This is the Super Saiyan version of the Oozaru form. It's just like the other version, but shiny gold and a buttload more powerful.

Metal Lightning-
Who used it: General Rilldo
By shooting a bolt of lighting from his mouth, Rilldo can transform the opponent into solid metal.

Metal Mending-
Who used it: General Rilldo
This is the technique Rilldo uses to form the Sigma Force Cannon with his body.

Mighty Hurricane Fury-
Oceanus sends winds whipping through the waters at incredible speeds.

Nouva Death Ray-
Who used it: Nouva Shenron (Suu Shinlong)
Nouva creates a giant glass lens, which magnifies the sun's energy into an intense beam.

Renzoku Super Gallic Gun-
Japanese Name: Renzoku Super Garlic Ho
Super Gallic Guns rapidly flung at the opponent.

Revenge Death Ball-
Japanese Name: Revenge Death Ball
Who used it: Baby Vegeta
Despite that it is more like the Spirit Bomb, it is named after the Death Ball. Baby Vegeta calls for all of his Tuffle-infected slaves to give up their hate for the Saiyans,

and forms a massive energy ball with it.

Spirit Attack-
Who used it: Pan
Pan puts her palms out in front of her and releases a ki attack similar to the Masenko.

Sun Gun-
Who used it: Nouva Shenron (Suu Shinlong)
Nouva surrounds himself with a sun-like orb, then proceeds to shower his opponent with a barrage of sun-powered beams.

Super Flash Bomb-
Japanese Name: Flash Bomber
Who used it: Artificial Android 17 and Super Android 17 (Jigokuno Jyuunanagou and Suupa Jyuunanagou)
Several ki blasts fired off at once in a wave.

Super Gallic Gun-
Japanese Name: Super Garlic Ho
Just like the Gallic Gun attack, but tremendously more powerful; in fact, it's powerful enough to blow up a planet.

Super Saiyan 4-
Japanese Name: Super Saiya-jin 4
Who used it: Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta
After powering up while in Golden Oozaru form while a Saiyan has control, he will achieve the Super Saiyan 4 form. This is by far the strongest form a Saiyan can attain

in the official Dragonball universe. The Super Saiyan 4 is covered in red fur, and has long black hair (Gogeta has dark brown fur and red hair).

Whirlwind Spin-
Oceanus creates a tornado around her body that can cut the enemy with its speed.

Now, this next list is of pre-existing attacks that are given to new characters in GT. For simplicity's sake, I've left out generic techniques like Bukujyutsu and Kikoha:

Energy Field-
Japanese Name: Barrier
Who's new to it in GT: Rilldo

Henka Beam-
Japanese Name: Henka Beam
Who's new to it in GT: Majuub (Super Uub, Uubuu, Buub, whatever the Hell you wanna call him)

Instant Transmission-
Japanese Name: Shunkan Idou
Who's new to it in GT: Kibitokai (Kibitoshin, Kaibito, whatever)
NOTES: Kibitokai normally uses the ability "Kaikai", but in GT, he uses this technique to lock on to specific people that are infected by Baby's control.

Kamehameha-
Japanese Name: Kamehameha
Who's new to it in GT: Pan, and Naturon Shenron (Chii Shinlong)
NOTES: Chii can only use this move after absorbing Pan.

Kuchikara Kikoha-
Japanese Name: Kochikara Kikoha
Who's new to it in GT: Baby Vegeta (Golden Oozaru)

Kuchikarano Kaen-
Japanese Name: Kuchikarano Kaen
Who's new to it in GT: Goku (Golden Oozaru) Baby Vegeta (Golden Oozaru)

Rocket Punch-
Japanese Name: Rocket Punch
Who's new to it in GT: Rilldo

Super Saiyan-
Japanese Name: Super Saiya-jin
Who's new to it in GT: Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr.

Tail Attack-
Japanese Name: Shippo Kogeki
Who's new to it in GT: Haze Shenron (Ryan Shinlong), Naturon Shenron (Chii Shinlong)

Telepathy-
Japanese Name: Telepathy
Who's new to it in GT: Pan and Baby

And these are attacks that I have been told (or have read) are new GT techniques, but I have no goddamn clue who used them or what they are:
Super 2 Fusion
Nouva Star

And then there's the list of Japanese attacks by Steve (AKA Daimaou):

Burning Spin!!
Final Shine!!
Byosatsumakodan!!
Dragon Thunder!!
Burst Attack!!
Big Bang Kamehame-Ha!!
Reppu shinku-zan!!
Senpu kaiten-jin!!
Kuretsu kidan!!
Times ten Kamehame-Ha Ball!!
Electric Slime!!
Liang Xing Long Dragon Daishindo!!
Dengeki Jigoku-Dama!!
Flash Bomber!!
Times ten Kamehame-Ha!!
Final Shine Attack!!
Hells Buster!!
Super Gyallic Ho!!
Renzoku Super Gyallic Ho!!
Revenge Death Ball!!
Fire Death Ball!!
Hyper Mega Rild Punch!!
Shield!!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: GT Attacks, Take 2

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:40 pm

The S wrote:10x Kamehameha-
Japanese Name: Jyuubeh Kamehameha
Who used it: Goku
Goku's first new attack as a Super Saiyan 4, it is a Kamehameha that is ten times more powerful than a normal one. For some reason, he also uses it as a Super Saiyan 1 in the Gameboy Advance game Taiketsu.
Real quick...

It's "juu bai". Goku says it all hick-like, so it comes out sounding like "jubei". 10x. "Juu" is the number 10, "bai" is the multiplier. Julian can clear it up better, I'm sure.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:41 pm

One correction, I believe it's 'Juubai Kamehameha' and that 'Juubeh' is simply the result of Goku's dialect.

-Corey

Edit: LaBrie, you whore. Had to beat me to it, didn't ya? :P

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:50 pm

Real quick...

It's "juu bai". Goku says it all hick-like, so it comes out sounding like "jubei". 10x. "Juu" is the number 10, "bai" is the multiplier. Julian can clear it up better, I'm sure
No, that would be my high school sensei's fault. I called her up the other night to get correct romanization for it. Obviously, it wasn't.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:37 pm

I was wondering about one of those attacks; when Baby fires his attack on Earth, it was spelled (in the subtitles) Super Gyallic Ho!, which I assume is the dubs "Gallick Gun". But before, Simmons was spelling it "Garrick-Ho. Was one of them a typo, or did he change his mind later?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:56 pm

Well, Gyallic-Ho is closer, but the correct romanization would be "Gyarikku-Ho"
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:06 am

I always just go straight with "Garlic-Ho" ^^;;.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:11 am

I say Gallick Gun, since I don't like to confuse the FUNi folks with all the "Bejiita" and "Suupaa Seru" crap.

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:47 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:I was wondering about one of those attacks; when Baby fires his attack on Earth, it was spelled (in the subtitles) Super Gyallic Ho!, which I assume is the dubs "Gallick Gun". But before, Simmons was spelling it "Garrick-Ho. Was one of them a typo, or did he change his mind later?
Er, uh, no, see, when Cell uses it, it's Garrick, but when Vegeta or Baby use it, it's Gyallic. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Bugger. What was I thinking when I put in "Garrick" way back then? I've always leaned toward Gyallic, so I didn't even think to double-check against previous episodes (like I always have to do to see if I capitalize Senzu or not, for example).

What I should have done from the start is make it "Gaelic-Ho," and then I could blarney my whole way out of this (a lousy pun, I know, but I've heard erse.)

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:06 am

Excuse me, Mr. Daimao, but there is something I've always wondered: Do you get a free copy of each DVD that you subtitle?

Also, who in the heck are the people in your avatars and how do you change them so quickly?
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:38 pm

He's not changing them... it picks randomly.

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:37 pm

Yeah, it's actually a little script that randomly picks from one of about a dozen avatar-friendly images that I took (and resized & cropped) from here:
http://www.google.com/images?q=Simmons+Steve+OR+Steven

Which one of them, if any, is actually me, is a question left to the reader at the end of the chapter.

And to answer your other question, FUNimation has agreed to let me have finished copies of the discs I work on.

What, no Irish love for that last post? Come on, that was good stuff.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:15 pm

What, no Irish love for that last post? Come on, that was good stuff.
Eh. It was kind of whimsical. But it does leave a good question... if it were dubbed, would it be Celtic Cannon?

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:04 pm

I prefer to use whatever Terms the Viz Manga uses, such as "Son Goku" and "Gyarikku-Ho" and "Vegeta".

God, this stuff gets annoying sometimes.

On topic: The attack list looks great.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:43 pm

Yeah, I try to follow the Viz Manga myself, which is hard when talking about the Buu Saga, as I don't know how they will spell the Kaiô-shin's name (as an example).

Damn, I'd wish they'd hurry up and finish it off. Then I'd wish they'd go on to the much-fabled GT manga, if it exists (some tell me it does, some tell me it doesn't). And if it doesn't, I expect them to make one themselves :twisted: . Work, slaves!

Seriously, I can't imagine that it would be that hard (for a large corporation, anyway). They can just take screens of the show, add in word bubbles and cut out all the parts that fit the traditional filler quality range. Heck, Didn't the Perfect Files have a "walking montage" of the GT characters, similar to that used on the spine of the DB tankôbon? They could resize that image and fit that to the spine!

That way, I won't have to throw $500 out the window for the DVD's! Instead, I can throw $160 out the window for the Graphic Novels :D !
Last edited by johnboy1 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:49 pm

I really wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing "Supreme Kai" down along the line. Viz is really starting to sway back away from the whole "logic" and "fan-demand" market, and is going to "What can we do to sell our manga to the kids watching TV on Saturday morning?"

We're stuck with "H-e-r-c-u-l-e" and "Z-o-l-o" now, so it's not so far a stretch... not that "Supreme Kai" is inherently WRONG AND WAY OFF, or anything... I just wouldn't have given getting "Kaiôshin" a second-thought a year ago, but now I can almost guarantee not.

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:53 pm

Well, The H e r c u l e issue was because of religious problems (yet Shenlong gets the title "Dragon God"). They call a certain lesser god Kaiô-sama, so they might just stick with that pattern.

Anyways, isn't my GT manga idea great? We could make millions! Oh, wait, DB is copyrighted... well, we can give THEM millions!

Oh, and who's Zolo?

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:25 pm

That is what the dub of One Piece calls Roronoa Zoro. Due to the Japanese R-L thing and to avoid comparisons to a certain masked avenger.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:08 pm

So why did Viz change it to Zolo in the middle of it all, without explanation?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:17 pm

The S wrote:So why did Viz change it to Zolo in the middle of it all, without explanation?
Most likely, they just wanted to make the dubbies happy. The One Piece is the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen. I'd rather watch GT :lol:
With the Hercule thing, I don't think it had to do with religion, it was, again, most likely for the dubbies. They said he was 'H-E-R-C-U-L-E, formally known as "Mr. Satan" :x '